[RECOVERY]CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.8 For P999(Internal & External SD)

Search This thread

Hasooboy

May 27, 2011
Just a thought if some have p990 and he install a p999 CWM in it then what happen. This is the case with me as i don't know which phone i have :S

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
The partition layout is different, so I wouldn't recommend using it til you know.

Pretty sure the model is underneath the battery though.

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Does the phone work? If so, look at it's baseband version, the O2X and G2X have completely different figures, it will be easy to tell which it is based on that.

Hasooboy

May 27, 2011
Does the phone work? If so, look at it's baseband version, the O2X and G2X have completely different figures, it will be easy to tell which it is based on that.

yes the phone is working absolutely fine some time random shut down other wise no problem at all here is its baseband version
Baseband: M6600A-SCAUNTZ-2.0.9720T 1(jul 15 2011 10:00:00) MP: TRUGLE_08.09.02R_MDM

But it doesn't have T mobile logo

mario0choa

May 28, 2008
Can't find a way to do/enter menu options

Hello noob here.

I can go up and down the Recovery menu options but can't make it to do any of them.

When I tried by pressing the power button, all the menu options go away and just the CWM logo stays on screen. The same happens when using the capacitive buttons. Am I missing something here?

RESOLVED: I just had to reboot my phone (by taking out the battery).

I have to agree that this whole thread is confusing, but again I'm just a noob here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The image was provided by Mr Rusty over on the P990 thread and i asked him if we can have an update..well he gladly helped out so don't forget to thank Mr Rusty over on his Thread.. :D

I repacked and added a script that you will just run in order to flash this CWM version..(Thanks to Russ for the script)

From his Thread:
    By request a quick explanation of the difference between the two recoveries:

Usually, your recovery image will look on the external SD card for ROMs to flash, and backups to restore, and the external version here is no different. For the most part that is fine and dandy (unless you don't have an SD card I guess), however the stock O2X mounts it's internal SD card as /sdcard, which confuses ROM Manager a fair bit.

The internal version of the recovery mounts the internal storage as /sdcard as well, so ROM Manager can find backups it's made etc.

NOTE: Backups made with v5 are not compatible with earlier versions.

BIG Credits goes to Koush as well for his great work for innovating the CWM..

Get it Here: CWM 5.0.2.8 For P999 or from Here

Instructions on HOW to use/WHAT to do:(For Windows)
    - Once you have downloaded the Package from the link Above..extract it to a Folder..
    - Inside the folder all you have to do is look for the flash-recovery_xp.bat file..
    - now turn your G2x OFF..
    - remove the BATTERY and make sure your G2x is not connected to the PC via USB
    - Press the VOLUME DOWN button together with the VOLUME UP..
    - now CONNECT the USB Cable..
    - If by all means Windows prompts for a new DEVICE you have to install the APX drivers from here(extract the package and manually install from this source)..
    - Else if windows does not prompt OR you are already done installing the APX drivers you can now proceed on Running the flash-recovery_xp.bat by double clicking it..
    - Choose 1 and Then press Enter..Wait for a few seconds till it prompts you that the FLASH was successful..IMHO you ought to wait another 5 more seconds after the prompt for not to have issues..
    - After that Reboot into CWM by Pressing Power Button together with VOLUME DOWN til you see the LG Logo with waves..upon seeing that now release the buttons and wait for the CWM menu..

For Linux/Ubuntu Users:
    - Download the Package
    - Extract the folder somewhere
    - Now turn your Phone OFF and DO NOT plug the USB cable yet..
    - Now while Phone is OFF press VOLUME UP and DOWN together and now PLUG the USB cable in..keep them held together throughout the process..
    - Run the Terminal and locate the Directory on where the Files are located..
    - Type the ff:
    Code:
    chmod +x flash-recovery.sh
    ./flash-recovery.sh
    - Once DONE you can now reboot..

FAQ:
    Q: I am getting NVflash errors?
    A: You might be on a BAD Cable or either way upon installing the drivers do a reboot..also DO THIS ON WINDOWS XP..on Windows 7 there are circumstances that the device is not recognized properly..also make SURE your unit is a P999 or P999DW(my unit is P999DW and touch WORKS!!) and not P990 or SU660..

Q: My device is not Recognized?
    A: You have to download the APX drivers from one of the instructions above

Changelog: Github Source

Thanks and also vote for the page.. :)
    OK, so I thought I'd try something else... this is the O2X touch recovery, with the G2X recovery.fstab and kernel.

Might help, might not. Probably not, but what the hell, it is worth a try :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6cj4obmhkwj9ffn/p999-touch-5.8.1.3.img
    Im being serious. I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with this recovery. Been running before it was even released on XDA. I have no reason to lie about it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    That's quite impressive, considering the first place I 'released' it on was XDA.
    I realized that that the model is still p990 so when a ROM uses get prop p999... KABOOM. It fails to flash. I might have a chance to fix that later today unless someone else does first.

Of course *facepalm*

Take 3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/964emrjhss1ljk5/p999-5.8.1.3.img
    I figured only the partition table needed to change, but couldn't decompile the .img.

Seems easy enough to fix anyway.

I'll fix it tomorrow, or when I get a chance to.