Phone entirely bricked. Won't turn on, won't charge, nothing.

Search This thread

IlovemySGS2

Nov 2, 2011
I was taking a video, and finished it, when suddenly the phone froze up and turned off. I've been using MIUI, and while it's mostly pretty stable, reboots and crashes happen, so I just rolled my eyes. But since then it's been completely dead. I couldn't turn it on, even after taking the battery out several times, can't put it into recovery or download modes, and it's been connected to the charger for about ten minutes now and still nothing.

I haven't flashed anything for ages, haven't done anything odd with the phone at all, I have no idea what could have provoked this. Please help, I can't imagine what I'd do if my phone was permanently dead.

Samsung Galaxy SII with MIUI weekly ROM (currently 2.4.27)

Things I have tried:

Long press power button to turn it on (obviously)
Same thing after taking the battery out for ages
Press Vol up + Home + Power to put it into recovery
Press Vol down + Home + Power to put it into download
Plug it into charge
Plug in data cable connected to computer
Take out battery for a while, then replace, plug data cable into computer (but not phone), hold volume buttons while plugging in phone (internet guy told me to)
Everything above shows absolutely nothing on screen. Charging heats it up a little.

Reactions: dukedusty

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
I was taking a video, and finished it, when suddenly the phone froze up and turned off. I've been using MIUI, and while it's mostly pretty stable, reboots and crashes happen, so I just rolled my eyes. But since then it's been completely dead. I couldn't turn it on, even after taking the battery out several times, can't put it into recovery or download modes, and it's been connected to the charger for about ten minutes now and still nothing.

I haven't flashed anything for ages, haven't done anything odd with the phone at all, I have no idea what could have provoked this. Please help, I can't imagine what I'd do if my phone was permanently dead.

Things I have tried:

Plug it into charge
Take out battery for a while, then replace, plug data cable into computer (but not phone), hold volume buttons while plugging in phone (internet guy told me to)
Everything above shows absolutely nothing on screen. Charging heats it up a little.

Just another try:

Maybe only the screen is "defect".
Boot into download mode - even if the screen keeps black.
And connect the phone via USB cable to your PC.
If the PC recognizes the phone, you could try to flash another ROM (with Odin).
If not ... is your phone still on warranty?!

Good luck !

IlovemySGS2

Nov 2, 2011
Just another try:

Maybe only the screen is "defect".
Boot into download mode - even if the screen keeps black.
And connect the phone via USB cable to your PC.
If the PC recognizes the phone, you could try to flash another ROM (with Odin).
If not ... is your phone still on warranty?!

Good luck !

Nope. Not a bad idea though. I wondered if the screen was broken, but then there should be vibrate and boot audio when it boots up.

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Take the battery out dude, leave it out for 3 mins, then put it back in, then try accessing download mode (vol down + home + power)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

goth1k

Jul 27, 2012
Stoke-on-|Trent
Same issue.

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I have the exact same problem as the OP. Only I wasn't even using my phone when it died it was just sitting on the side.

The 'back story':

My phone died whilst doing absolutely nothing. I tried plugging it in to charge and it came up with theimage I've attached below, and it just flashes on and off the screen at random intervals.

I tried recovery - nothing.
I tried D/L mode - worked once but got the 'battery too low - cannot download' error and it hasn't worked since.
Tried 2 different batteries - nothing.
Removed the battery for 10 minutes and retried - nothing.
Removed the battery while keeping the phone connected to the charger - nothing.
Connected phone to PC with original cable - nothing.

The top of the phone also gets hot when trying to charge.

Cannot attach the image yet as I can't post outside links...

But the symbol is the greyed out battery with the 'loading' ring.

Last edited:

eminemkh

Jun 23, 2011
Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I have the exact same problem as the OP. Only I wasn't even using my phone when it died it was just sitting on the side.

The 'back story':

My phone died whilst doing absolutely nothing. I tried plugging it in to charge and it came up with theimage I've attached below, and it just flashes on and off the screen at random intervals.

I tried recovery - nothing.
I tried D/L mode - worked once but got the 'battery too low - cannot download' error and it hasn't worked since.
Tried 2 different batteries - nothing.
Removed the battery for 10 minutes and retried - nothing.
Removed the battery while keeping the phone connected to the charger - nothing.
Connected phone to PC with original cable - nothing.

The top of the phone also gets hot when trying to charge.

Cannot attach the image yet as I can't post outside links...

But the symbol is the greyed out battery with the 'loading' ring.

same problem, but more similar to OP, black screen

lamortcroix

Dec 1, 2010
Maybe your battery is messed up. Try using someone else's battery to see if it will turn on.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using xda app-developers app

juggalo818

Oct 30, 2012
Burbank
www.androidhkmarket.co.nr

Ursa Warrior

Jun 1, 2012
Pune
All you need is a USB jig which will force your phone to enter into download mode. USB jigs are small devices which are very helpfull if something goes wrong while flashing. You can buy a USB jig directly from ebay, it is for about 4$ - 5$ or you can make one home yourself. It's not very hard.

Check out this link to make your own USB jig.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604707

Hit the thanks button if i helped!

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

All you need is a USB jig which will force your phone to enter into download mode. USB jigs are small devices which are very helpfull if something goes wrong while flashing. You can buy a USB jig directly from ebay, it is for about 4$ - 5$ or you can make one home yourself. It's not very hard.

Check out this link to make your own USB jig.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604707

Hit thanks if i helped!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Things I have tried:

Plug it into charge
    ^^^

Do you even have an I9100 ?