[Tool] Add Multiwindow-option to almost every apk files

Search This thread

Leppin

Jul 25, 2011
Hey,

I've programmed a small windows tool to add the multiwindow option to almost every apk file.

Disclaimer: Please follow the instructions at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if your device or its data gets damaged in the process of following this guide.

Instructions:
1. Copy the wanted app with a root explorer from data/app (installed apps) system/app (system apps) to a mountable storage like /sdcard or /mnt/extSdCard
2. Connect your device to the Windows PC and copy the stored apps (see section 1) to your pc.
3. Start the Tool and select the files (see section 2) as source path
4. If you have selected the selection mode folder you can select the wanted apps in the list by checking the boxes.
5. Select a destination Path
6. Execute the tool by pressing the green triangle at the top.
7. Copy the modified app to the tablet
8. Backup the app with an backup app (i recommend titanium backup)
9. Uninstall the app
10. Install the modified apk
11. Restore the produced backup data (only data not application)
12. You should now be possible to select the app in the multiwindow view.

Credits:
Daneshm90 (APK-Multitool)
Brut.all (Apktool)
Justfresh (Great Found of the method adding multiwindow property by manipulating XML-Tags)
Justinchi (informations + test-apks)

Requirements:
JellyBean
Java (please install the right one x86 (32 Bit) x64 (64 Bit) you find here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp )
.net Framework 2.0 or higher (preinstalled in windows vista and higher)

If you have any feedback please send it to me.

For all of you, who don't have root access, don't have time or just are lazy:
Already modded apps you can find here (by JustFlesh) and here (by TheSanitarium)

In case of an error please complete the following error-formular:

• Error-description?
  • Startet app as administrator? [ ] Yes [ ] No
  • Error log in "C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log" written? [ ] Yes [ ] No
  • In case of yes: text of the errorlog?
  • Error on every APK or just one? [ ] every [ ] one
  • In case of one: which one?
  • In case of one: which version of the app?
  • (optional) in case of one: provide the APK
  • Which selection mode of the tool do you use?
  • At which step in the tool does the error occure?

Hope you like it :)

Attachments

• tool_selectfile.png
    tool_selectfile.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 8,698
  • tool_selectfolder.jpg
    tool_selectfolder.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 7,898
Last edited:

Joker89

Feb 6, 2011
Thank u! Like this tool!

I used it already for a few apps. One app that haven´t worked was ezPDF. If i want to start in fullscreen it crashes, but when i start in window mode it works till i resize.

Any idea?

cproaudio

Oct 28, 2007
I used the program but when it's finished and I clicked "yes" to goto destination folder, there's nothing there. The app I'm trying to convert is viggle version 1.0.9

Leppin

Jul 25, 2011
I used the program but when it's finished and I clicked "yes" to goto destination folder, there's nothing there. The app I'm trying to convert is viggle version 1.0.9

Hey, do you start the application as administrator? if not that could be a problem, or select another destination path. In case of an error in the tool there should be a "multiviewapmodifier.log" in your documents folder you can open it with any text editor and send me the error text, maybe there is the information i need to tell you how you can solve this problem.

i don't have ezpdf to test it but some apps make problems with this mod, thats the reason why i wrote almost every apk :D

greets

Reactions: Zivaj and stoney73

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
Cool mod, thanks. I just ordered a GN 10.1 today and will be pre-ordering the GN2 on Verizon next week when I am eligible for an upgrade.

eusor

Dec 24, 2010
I have the same problem, here's my log :

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\kd\AppData\Local\temp\com.adobe.reader-1\AndroidManifest.xml'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

Somehow, it doesn't decompress properly...

Edit: In my case, java's bin folder wasn't in my PATH variable. As soon as I fixed that, everything started working.

Last edited:
Reactions: red_rebel

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Do we download and run the tool then select the apk or what ..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Leppin

Jul 25, 2011

yes, you have to download the tool (its a windows application), run it, select a source and destination path for the apk and then press the execute button, after that you have to reinstall the modified apk and voilà the app should be displayed in the multiscreen window =) very usefull for people who use an alternative browser like chrome or just want to launch the 2 favorite apps at the same time. But as i told you, there are some apps which doesn't can get modified like uccw (problem with the used decompile/recompile interface) if you have any problems pls first try to run it as administrator :)

greets

JISIK

Sep 8, 2012
Wow pretty god tool.
but when update apk file, for example, update in playstore or update apk package, multi window keep??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

runIrish24

Oct 9, 2012
I tried running it but it just completes immediately and nothing actually happens. Anybody else have this problem? Also how do you download the apk's from the Play store? Thanks

Jasonchewy91

Oct 12, 2012
To the above two posts, I believe you need to be on jelly bean to use the function. And also apk can't be downloaded from play store. You have to search it online.

Leppin

Jul 25, 2011
I added an error-formular to my startpost in case of error please use it, I hardly can diagnose any errors with less informations.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reactions: stoney73

cproaudio

Oct 28, 2007
Error-description? The tool ran its course then finished and asked if I want to open the modified app's folder. I click YES but no new APK file.
Startet app as administrator? [X] Yes [ ] No I'm running Windows XP as Administrator
Error log in "C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log" written? [ ] Yes [X] No no logs found.
In case of yes: text of the errorlog? None
Error on every APK or just one? [X] every [ ] one
In case of one: which one? All of them
In case of one: which version of the app? all of them
(optional) in case of one: provide the APK Not able to upload the APK but they are Viggle, IMDB, and TuneWiki
Which selection mode of the tool do you use? file
At which step in the tool does the error occure? No modified file was made

drei666

Oct 16, 2010
Error-description? The tool ran its course then finished and asked if I want to open the modified app's folder. I click YES but no new APK file.
Startet app as administrator? [X] Yes [ ] No I'm running Windows XP as Administrator
Error log in "C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log" written? [ ] Yes [X] No no logs found.
(optional) in case of one: provide the APK Not able to upload the APK but they are Viggle, IMDB, and TuneWiki

Same here with k9mail.apk (K-9 mail)

dREI

Leppin

Jul 25, 2011

I set up a xp testsystem and can repoduce the error, will make a special xp version of the tool, please be patient ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: stoney73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

I've programmed a small windows tool to add the multiwindow option to almost every apk file.

Disclaimer: Please follow the instructions at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if your device or its data gets damaged in the process of following this guide.

Instructions:
    1. Copy the wanted app with a root explorer from data/app (installed apps) system/app (system apps) to a mountable storage like /sdcard or /mnt/extSdCard
    2. Connect your device to the Windows PC and copy the stored apps (see section 1) to your pc.
    3. Start the Tool and select the files (see section 2) as source path
    4. If you have selected the selection mode folder you can select the wanted apps in the list by checking the boxes.
    5. Select a destination Path
    6. Execute the tool by pressing the green triangle at the top.
    7. Copy the modified app to the tablet
    8. Backup the app with an backup app (i recommend titanium backup)
    9. Uninstall the app
    10. Install the modified apk
    11. Restore the produced backup data (only data not application)
    12. You should now be possible to select the app in the multiwindow view.

Credits:
    Daneshm90 (APK-Multitool)
    Brut.all (Apktool)
    Justfresh (Great Found of the method adding multiwindow property by manipulating XML-Tags)
    Justinchi (informations + test-apks)

Requirements:
    JellyBean
    Java (please install the right one x86 (32 Bit) x64 (64 Bit) you find here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp )
    .net Framework 2.0 or higher (preinstalled in windows vista and higher)

If you have any feedback please send it to me.

For all of you, who don't have root access, don't have time or just are lazy:
    Already modded apps you can find here (by JustFlesh) and here (by TheSanitarium)

In case of an error please complete the following error-formular:

• Error-description?
    • Startet app as administrator? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    • Error log in "C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log" written? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    • In case of yes: text of the errorlog?
    • Error on every APK or just one? [ ] every [ ] one
    • In case of one: which one?
    • In case of one: which version of the app?
    • (optional) in case of one: provide the APK
    • Which selection mode of the tool do you use?
    • At which step in the tool does the error occure?

Hope you like it :)
    Ok ppl, look the guy made a good tool. He said he's not a dev so stop heckling the guy about making it an app. This is why ppl stop making stuff....Use what he made and post in General Section to request a dev for it.
    The idea of this app is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Too much to ask to have this be an Android app that can operate right on tablet? :fingers-crossed:

yes, you have to download the tool (its a windows application), run it, select a source and destination path for the apk and then press the execute button, after that you have to reinstall the modified apk and voilà the app should be displayed in the multiscreen window =) very usefull for people who use an alternative browser like chrome or just want to launch the 2 favorite apps at the same time. But as i told you, there are some apps which doesn't can get modified like uccw (problem with the used decompile/recompile interface) if you have any problems pls first try to run it as administrator :)

greets
    And also apk can't be downloaded from play store. You have to search it online.

What I did was use ES File Explorer, chose Manage Apps and long pressed on an app I wanted to use and chose BACKUP. This created an APK that I was able to work with.