Official Imgur app for Australia only. Can anybody supply the apk in the meantime?

Search This thread

CADude

Nov 29, 2011
This official app was announced here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...y-available-exclusively-in-australia-for-now/

Somebody posted the APK for the initial 0.0.1 version in the comments section of this article but the app has since been updated to 0.0.5. Can somebody pull the APK and post it here? There will be future updates and it would be kind of a pain to keep posting the APK every time but hopefully somebody is kind and patient enough to keep posting the new one for anybody else who is looking.

Just posting this thread here in case anybody else is Googling around for the updated APK since they don't live in Australia.

Here's the Play Store link. Thanks in advance to whomever can help.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imgur.mobile

Last edited:

CADude

Nov 29, 2011
As an update, I've emailed Imgur to ask why they've limited the app to Australia. I'll post if I get any reply from them. Hopefully I've convinced them to put it on their site to download freely.

Reactions: xonone

CADude

Nov 29, 2011
Got an email back from Imgur. Here's what they said.

The mobile app is still in beta testing in Australia only. After we fix error reports and bugs, it will be released to the US. We're hoping for a release this month.

Looks like this thread won't need to be up for long.

Reactions: maped

CADude

Nov 29, 2011
0.0.7 is out. Anybody have the apk?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

CADude

Nov 29, 2011
Thanks for keeping the thread alive, guys

psygbert

Nov 27, 2010
0.0.10 is out but still limited to Australia, UK and Canada. Anybody have the APK? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CADude

Nov 29, 2011
Happy to help, is everything ok with the link?
Yes thanks. The link was wonky at first and showing an error 400 but it worked itself out and this app seems to be 0.0.10 but for some reason it is telling me that it needs yet another update when I open it but the play store tells me that's the latest one. Weird. Not your fault or anything but I'm hoping somebody else out there can confirm.

psygbert

Nov 27, 2010
0.0.11 is out. Maybe the "update available" bug is already fixed on this version. Again, we are asking for the APK. Thanks again ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts