[Q] N9005 Battery Drain

Search This thread

Spudz30

Apr 11, 2014
Hi guys, Noob alert hahahaha. Long time stalker first time poster.

I like many others have terrible battery performance with my Note 3 N9005. Mine began 2 months after purchase, no root etc. Tried everything and sometimes it would be fine, other times drain like hell. Now I am rooted using chainfire, I run clockwork mod, use nova launcher etc. My wifi never sleeps, so I have to turn it off manually and for the most part since rooting last month, installing greenify etc, I can get nearly 3 days sometimes out of a battery, which includes streaming spotify, browsing etc (I don't play games on my phone). Still my wifi never sleeps. But every so often lately the major battery drain has begun again. Last night I went to sleep on about half and woke up nearly dead. I am attaching a copy of Better Battery stats in the hope someone can explain what the cause is. I also noticed the cpu running at 300hz for most of the time.

Attachments

• BetterBatteryStats-2014-04-12_063343751.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 39

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I like many others have terrible battery performance with my Note 3 N9005. Mine began 2 months after purchase, no root etc. Tried everything and sometimes it would be fine, other times drain like hell. Now I am rooted using chainfire, I run clockwork mod, use nova launcher etc. My wifi never sleeps, so I have to turn it off manually and for the most part since rooting last month, installing greenify etc, I can get nearly 3 days sometimes out of a battery, which includes streaming spotify, browsing etc (I don't play games on my phone). Still my wifi never sleeps. But every so often lately the major battery drain has begun again. Last night I went to sleep on about half and woke up nearly dead. I am attaching a copy of Better Battery stats in the hope someone can explain what the cause is. I also noticed the cpu running at 300hz for most of the time.

How did you get this log?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York

*#011# - Choose menu from softkey, switch WiFi power mode to OFF. May solve it. -

Spudz30

Apr 11, 2014
I think it is *#0011# ; I also suspect you might need to set power-saving ON there in the WiFi menu, but that is just my guess.

In your log above the main problem seems to be Spotify and some other programs with wakelocks, maybe also stuff related to Bluetooth and WiFi vs Mobile Data.

Wifi powersave was already on. Spotify runs pretty well all day at work. When at home bt and wifi are always switched off before I go to bed. My other issue and one I assume most note 3 owners have, is using the internet sucks 1% per minute. No joke. I can listen to music for hours and lose 3%, but use the web and I lose 1% per 1-2min. I lost 3% just typing this. Only once and it straight after root, did my phone not lose any percentage whioe on net for 15min. Uninstalling google play used to help also, but that does not seem to make any difference anymore. I never use location services or auto updates, so bugger me how to fix this.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Wifi powersave was already on. Spotify runs pretty well all day at work. When at home bt and wifi are always switched off before I go to bed. My other issue and one I assume most note 3 owners have, is using the internet sucks 1% per minute. No joke. I can listen to music for hours and lose 3%, but use the web and I lose 1% per 1-2min. I lost 3% just typing this. Only once and it straight after root, did my phone not lose any percentage whioe on net for 15min. Uninstalling google play used to help also, but that does not seem to make any difference anymore. I never use location services or auto updates, so bugger me how to fix this.

Reset BBS statistics and do a log for one of those periods of just a few minutes when you lose 1-3%.

Also check if power-save mode in the phone makes any difference.

Top Liked Posts