Root without Wipe

Search This thread
G

GuestK00442

Is there a way to root my Nexus 5 without wiping the entire device? I've been looking around and all roads lead to unlocking the boot loader with adb, which wipes the device.

I remember on my GS2 & GS3 I could insert root into stock with just a couple of files, no flashing or adb.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestK00442

Thanks

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
Is there a way to root my Nexus 5 without wiping the entire device? I've been looking around and all roads lead to unlocking the boot loader with adb, which wipes the device.

I remember on my GS2 & GS3 I could insert root into stock with just a couple of files, no flashing or adb.

Any help is appreciated.

Fastboot, you use fastboot to unlock the bootloader and flash the custom recovery. And no there is no way without unlocking the bootloader. The reason unlocking the bootloader wipes the user data is for security so that someone can't steal the phone and then unlock it in order to steal your data.

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
What internet provider are you with? If I had no internet connection for 6 days a week, i'd complain ;)

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

i see what you did there.

Reactions: danarama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no there isnt. this question gets asked once a week.

What internet provider are you with? If I had no internet connection for 6 days a week, i'd complain ;)

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

i see what you did there.