[ROM][KJ2][Sense 3.0 Clone][12/28/11] Sensei's SideKick v1.0 | Quietly Brilliant

Search This thread

Dj-Dubster_TN

Apr 14, 2011
added screenshots of lp & adw version

edit: quick update on things i'm working on getting the MIUI camera & music apps to work on our phone. So far I have a working MIUI camera app but there is no front-facing camera option & when you take pictures they result somewhat like this. Basically just a blur of pixlated colors.

As for the MIUI music player I have one that is working but it is in the original MIUI creators language and not english.

Also I have a working HTC IME keyboard now as well. But I'm focused on getting those 2 MIUI apps and fixing the 2 major problems I listed in the OP.

I happen to hav a copy of the htc ime keyboard if you like

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda premium

craven667

May 11, 2011
ok well i did do a odin and tried again still the same thing "now i have not flashed to any kj2 "not sure if that maters"
i am doing odin now and have to root and get cwm again but i cant get rom

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011
ok well i did do a odin and tried again still the same thing "now i have not flashed to any kj2 "not sure if that maters"
i am doing odin now and have to root and get cwm again but i cant get rom

In your own words how exactly are you flashing this rom?

From what recovery and what are the EXACT steps you're taking to flash it?

Because there may be a minor mis-step in your flashing method that is causing this to not work.

Also is ANYONE else having this problem? If so please post here and try to be as detailed as possible about why this may be happening for you. Because so far this hasn't occurred on anyone else's phone but yours so I think it is just a minor mis-step in the flashing process.

craven667

May 11, 2011
d/l lp one put on sd looked at mounts install with cwm rom looks to be going in then restart get to sidekick screen and hear voice your rom not the only one i got this with but i kinda want your rom more

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
Hey I can't find a post by anyone else that relates to this matter so, my phone died a few hours ago, and when I rebooted it I noticed that on the bottom left corner there was a little slightly transparent text box that said "Safe mode". Personally I didn't even know out phone had a "Safe mode". But I've noticed that some of my settings are back to default, and any apps that I had downloaded do not appear in the app drawer, also as you can see in picture 3 & 4 below, even if I download an app from the market it will just bring me to the app's market page, with only the option to uninstall. I haven't tried to reboot my phone yet, just because of the fact that this has never happened before, and I would like to know why it happened, and I'm pretty sure that if I reboot it, this may go away and I will never know why it happened.

The pictures are now attachments since the problem has been solved.

EDIT: Okay I rebooted and it went away, so I dug a little deeper in the forums and found that on most phones if you hold menu during boot, the phone will boot in a safe mode, which only loads the essentials and doesn't allow the use of third party apps. I guess when I turned on my phone I must have hit menu just when the phone was waiting for it. Lucky timing I guess.

Last edited:

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011
Hey I can't find a post by anyone else that relates to this matter so, my phone died a few hours ago, and when I rebooted it I noticed that on the bottom left corner there was a little slightly transparent text box that said "Safe mode". Personally I didn't even know out phone had a "Safe mode". But I've noticed that some of my settings are back to default, and any apps that I had downloaded do not appear in the app drawer, also as you can see in picture 3 & 4 below, even if I download an app from the market it will just bring me to the app's market page, with only the option to uninstall. I haven't tried to reboot my phone yet, just because of the fact that this has never happened before, and I would like to know why it happened, and I'm pretty sure that if I reboot it, this may go away and I will never know why it happened.

The pictures are now attachments since the problem has been solved.

EDIT: Okay I rebooted and it went away, so I dug a little deeper in the forums and found that on most phones if you hold menu during boot, the phone will boot in a safe mode, which only loads the essentials and doesn't allow the use of third party apps. I guess when I turned on my phone I must have hit menu just when the phone was waiting for it. Lucky timing I guess.

I was going to say a simple reboot would suffice but you beat me to the punch ;)

oh!

@craven667 are you using the orange CWM or the red CWM?

And what exactly is the voice telling you when you try to boot?

data partition? etc? please explain in more detail thanks

craven667

May 11, 2011
ok i got it google helped me your rom is in how to i get htc clock like yours

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

fix for convert data partition, system is not available. convert system partition
robot voice
this is what i did
first i did a odin to kd1
root and add cwm
then flashed to GingerClone v2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1231021
after load got quick restart then go to recovrey "must be red" under advanced youll see voodoo "disable" there 2 setting i turn off hit back flash rom i am up and running fine
took allday and google and lots of links lol but i got it

Reactions: -x]Trunks[x-

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

fix for convert data partition, system is not available. convert system partition
robot voice
this is what i did
root and add cwm
after load got quick restart then go to recovrey "must be red" under advanced youll see voodoo "disable" there 2 setting i turn off hit back flash rom i am up and running fine

You literally just made my day with laughs and a solution.

I first try to solve your problem by "re-creating" it on my phone by doing what you did to your phone. THEN I search all day just like you on a fix and you beat me to the punch.

+1 for you bro and I hope you enjoy the rsense om :D

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011
Well at least this problem won't take as long to solve for people who encounter this problem in the future. We can just forward them here :D

Now that I'm working my way back to a working phone, I'll get back to work on this sense rom and miui-look-a-like rom I'm working on :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htclogoe.png

ssk4g.jpg

fbiv.jpg

- Base: Stock Deodexed KJ2
    - Modem: KJ2
    - Kernel: Platypus Egg v1
    - All remove-able apps & bloatware removed
    - HTC Sense Optimized Framework
    - HTC Sense 3.0 Audio
    - HTC Sense 3.0 Fonts
    - HTC boot animation and shutdown animation
    - HTC Sense Flip Clock Widget
    - HTC Sense 3.0 Lock Screen
    - Includes Sensus Live Wallpaper
    - Includes ES File Explorer (replacement for stock file manager)
    - Includes Quick Pic (replacement for Gallery 3D)
    - Internal Ad-Block
    - Includes some android 3.0 and 4.0 binaries
    - Increased performance of GPS services
    - Increased the quality of jpeg pictures when viewed
    - Increased the performance of video playback
    - Power saving increased when phone is in sleep mode
    - Increased touch screen responsiveness and smoothness
    - UI is rendered with GPU
    - Zip Align on boot (Not Working Yet...See F.A.Q)
    - Tweaked/Modified the following (Not Working Yet...See F.A.Q):

Code:
    - Kernel
    - Virtual Memory Management
    - Network Security
    - Network Speed
    - Internal Task Killer
    - SD Card Cache for Better R/W Speeds

instruc.jpg

Prior to beginning the process of installing this Rom please visit and follow the guides HERE and HERE before continuing.

Once you have finished completing the two guides I forwarded you to you may now proceed with the following instructions:

- Download the Launcher Pro Version or the ADW Launcher Version
    - Place the Rom on the root of your SD card
    - Reboot into recovery via the 3 button combo method (Volume +/-, "Trackball", Power Button)
    - Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    - Wipe Cache Partition
    - Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    - Format System
    - Format Cache
    - Format Data
    - Before you proceed to flashing the Rom your mounts MUST look like so:

Unmount /cache
    mount /data
    mount /sdcard
    Unmount /system

- If your mounts look like the above you may now proceed to flashing the rom
    - Before you proceed to rebooting into the rom your mounts MUST look like so:

Unmount /cache
    mount /data
    mount /sdcard
    Unmount /system

- If your mounts look like the above you may now proceed to rebooting into the rom
    - Once you reboot please wait 2 minutes before doing anything else
    - Once 2 minutes have passed, depending on if you downloaded the Launcher Pro Version or the ADW Launcher Version please proceed to that section of this guide which corresponds with the version of the Rom you downloaded

- Slide the top piece of the touchwiz lockscreen up to "start" using the rom
    - Setup your phone via the setup wizard
    - Once finished you will be prompted to choose between "Agile Lock Full" or "LauncherPro (or Sense Launcher depending on which version you're using)". Check the box that says "Use by default for this action." and choose LauncherPro (or Sense Launcher if you're using ADW Version)
    - Once at the homescreen add the HTC Sense Flip Clock by pressing the Menu Button > Add > Widgets > Fancy Widget (you may configure this app as you wish via the app shortcut in the app drawer).
    - Press home button > app drawer > Agile Lock Full > Press Next > Force stop launcher pro > Press the home button > app drawer > Agile Lock Full> Press Never show > Press start > Press settings and configure like so:

Code:
    Font Style: Default
    Default Ring Color: Check
    Background Settings: Wallpaper
    Use password: No Check
    Enable Widget click: No Check
    Screen Orientation: Auto Rotate
    Unlock Animation: Default
    Date Format Settings: Default
    Screen Timeout: System Default
    Delay Lock: Immediate
    Screen Lock Sounds: No Check
    Unlock Vibrate: No Check
    Fix Power Button Issue: Check
    Use System Security Lock: Check
    Display Carrier: No Check
    Display Power/Alarm Message: No Check
    Display Music Control: No Check

- Press the home button > App Drawer > "ES File Explorer" > press yes
    - Scroll down and you will see two apk files "quickpic.apk" & "lwp.apk". Install both of those
    - Press the home button > menu button > wallpaper > live wallpapers > sensus live wallpaper > set wallpaper > Press Home button

OPTIONAL FOR ADW USERS ONLY

- Press home button > menu button > add > custom shortcut > pick your activity > applications > phone
    - Once you've choosing the activity press the phone icon on that custom shortcut menu and choose "select picture> sdcard > choose the thumbnail that is solid black
    - Delete the text in the text box and press ok
    - Drag and drop it over the phone button
    - Press home button > menu button > add > custom shortcut > pick your activity > applications > settings
    - Once you've choosing the activity press the settings icon on that custom shortcut menu and choose "select picture> sdcard > choose the thumbnail that is solid black
    - Drag and drop it over the bottom right button
    - Drag and drop it over the bottom left button
    - Press the menu button > sense settings > ui setting > check tint ab
    Press the menu button > sense settings > ui setting > AB scale factor > 1 instead of 7 > press ok > press home button

YOU'RE FINISHED!! ENJOY :D

OPTIONAL FOR LP PLUS USERS ONLY

Now you can buy the Launcher Pro Unlocker from the market and unlock so you choose custom dock background, which will be the sense dock. If you do buy the unlocker (or already have a Titanium Backup or other backup of it) once installed you may go to Launcher Pro Preferences > Appearence > Dock Background > Froyo. This will set the sense dock with no need for a custom image.

Now you set the dock buttons so that they do what they button is supposed to do.

- Long-Press the Browser shortcut on the dock and choose "change shortcut"
    - Choose Applications > Settings > Custom Icon > sdcard > and press the thumbnail that is solid black
    - Long-Press the Message shortcut on the dock and choose "change shortcut"
    - Choose Blank
    - Long-Press the App Drawer shortcut on the dock and choose "change shortcut".
    - Choose Applications > Phone > Custom Icon > sdcard > and press the thumbnail that is solid black.
    - Long-Press the Contact shortcut on the dock and choose "change shortcut"
    - Choose Blank
    - Long-Press the Phone shortcut on the dock and choose "change shortcut".
    - Choose App Drawer > Custom Icon > sdcard > and press the thumbnail that is solid black.

YOU'RE FINISHED!! ENJOY:D

faqgl.jpg

Q: Who all helped you in the process of you making the rom and getting it to it's current state?
    A: First I'd like to thank the community for all the support I was given along the way. And I'd also like to thank the following people:

Code:
    kevin, JAguirre1231, brainmaster, Koush., robocik, maxisma, lpy, Rang3r, mike1986., badams1, Revolution, sduvick, ayoteddy, SunPengfei, Jikantaru, darkky, Shadewalkerz, beray5, Google, HTC

Q: What are some of the current issues (things that need fixing) in the rom?
    A: These are the issues that I've noticed while testing both rom versions and wrote down as my "notes":

Code:
    [B]Major:[/B]
    - Any app put in /data/app directory of the rom's .zip file will not install correctly b/c it'll "corrupt" itself on boot resulting in a "PARSE ERROR"
    - Find out why start up scripts located in /system/etc/init.d/ are not running on boot or not setting the values like I want them to

[B]Minor:[/B] 
    - Can not change camera icon to htc camera icon without causing camera app to fc
    - Add widget > calendar icon to be like calendar icon for htc 
    - Shutdown/Popup menu text color is white and not black
    - See if changing number images to be like sense for phone's dialpad
    - Noti. Bar icon switchers & contact icon
    - USB connected android in background is behind the text and it looks bad
    - Grey > Green lock pattern drag streak
    - Blue > White font in settings menu
    - App drawer home button in landscape mode is still presenting itself in portrait mode for the LP Version

Q: May we see some screen shots?
    A: Off course you may....(Both Versions Have The Same LockScreen)

LP VERSION​

uploadfromtaptalk132493.jpg

ADW VERSION​

snap20111229121727.png
    snap20111229121911.png
    snap20111229121922.png
    snap20111229121858.png
    I'm releasing the v1.0 of this rom TONIGHT in about the next 3-4 hours (upload speeds are slow). I would really appreciate some feedback from users and/or other devs in this community. I know there are things that still need re-working/fixing and that's exactly why I need you all's feedback and help :)

Look out for changes in the OP within the next 3-4 hours. Devs and themers I'll need your help with a few problems (init.d scripts & some xml edits and png files).

All those who have contributed to the making of this rom will be given credit in the OP and I would like to thank them all because I couldn't have done it without them :D

I hope you all like what I've gotten done so far and.....yeah that's about all I really wanted to say ;)

EDIT: oh and i have 2 versions of this rom. Launcher Pro version & ADW version. But on the launcher pro version FOR MY PHONE whenever I install that version of the rom. Although I didn't add that app's unlocker it is already saying I have Launcher Pro Plus enabled. I don't know if that was due to a the minor xml edits i did to theme the apk or if the apps unlocker permantly unlocks Launcher pro for you. So if the laucher shows up as laucher pro plus and you HAVEN'T EVER purchased the unlocker please let me know so I can take down that version and figure out what edits I may have done to the apk file to have caused that. But I think that the unlocker probably just permanently unlocks the laucher though so I'm not worried :)

anyways......be ready for the first release....there's a lot of work to be done still ;)

robot voice
    this is what i did
    root and add cwm
    Off to the EVO 3D now....if anyone would like to pick up on my work please PM me and I'll give you my latest files I have. I wish the best to this phones community.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium