[L5][E610/E612] Discussion thread for Official CM10 Nightlies

Search This thread

ldeleeuw

Mar 15, 2011
By example of this thread, I thought it would be convenient to also create a separate thread for our L5. I will update this first post with relevant information and links when needed.

Info
CyanogenMod's site: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/
Announcement on Google+ by CM: link
Screenshots by luKi13223: link
Screenshots by Sirrocco with dpi lowered to 130 and theme applied: link

Requirements

Downloads
Nightlies started building. You can get the latest build from http://get.cm/?device=e610 OR http://10.cmxlog.com/?device=e610
CWM Recovery by Ricardo Cerqueira (CyanogenMod): Direct download. Alternatively you can download the flashable zip provided in the attachment, it's the same, but easier to install if you already had a recovery installed.
Google Apps (GAPPS) for Jelly Bean/CM10: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Short Installations guide
  1. Make sure you meet the requirements
  2. Download needed files (see above) and place them on your internal sd card
  3. Update your ClockWorkMod Recovery to v6.0.2.8 (you can do this by using terminal, adb (guide) or use the flashable zip I've attached
    This will avoid status(7) error messages and prevent issues with ROM Manager.
  4. Flash "cm-10-build date-NIGHTLY-e610.zip" from your internal sd card with CWM (or if you prefer with ROM Manager)
    [*]Optional: Flash custom kernel by PinkFlozd: link to thread WARNING: Don't install this kernel with builds created on 21 april 2013 or later (at least not untill someone updates the kernel)
  5. Optional: Flash "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip"
  6. After first boot see if your receiving any signal (provided your normally have any signal on that spot). If not, don't worry, a simple reboot might fix it.
  7. Enjoy ;)

Bugs:
Considering these are the very first nightly builds of CM10 for our device, the dev did a pretty great job. Almost everything is working. Thanks to him :highfive:
  • Network / data is not working after 1st boot. A simple reboot after a few minutes might fix this
  • Multi-touch not fully working (dual touch works)?
  • SD card is full error, while there is still room left (up to at least 300 MB). I haven't experienced this bug in a while, it may be fixed, but I'm not sure.
  • Accelerometer

Small mods/Fixes
:

Last edited:

Ianuz1320

Jan 2, 2013
i tried to flash this on my E612..
But i got an error.
Error in sdcard/cm blah blah.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

E.jr

Nov 30, 2012
Will the developer look here for bugs? Or is there some other way to report CM10 bugs?
Anyway, I noticed that it drains battery much faster than the stock rom too.
Tonight it drained 20% of battery just by standby.

Reactions: ldeleeuw

ldeleeuw

Mar 15, 2011
i tried to flash this on my E612..
But i got an error.
Error in sdcard/cm blah blah.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
First install the recovery provide by CM. This will fix this problem. You will need to copy your flashables zips and back ups to the internal SD-card, because this version only mounts internal SD (instead of only the external)

ldeleeuw

Mar 15, 2011
Will the developer look here for bugs? Or is there some other way to report CM10 bugs?
Anyway, I noticed that it drains battery much faster than the stock rom too.
Tonight it drained 20% of battery just by standby.
I don't know if he will look here. We could inform him about it, when we have more clarity about the bugs.

My main purpose was to concentrate talk about CM10 in one place, because in the other thread also other subjects were discussed and it got messy. And we might help each other here with CM10 related problems.

Ianuz1320

Jan 2, 2013
First install the recovery provide by CM. This will fix this problem. You will need to copy your flashables zips and back ups to the internal SD-card, because this version only mounts internal SD (instead of only the external)

thank you buddy..but where can we get recovery provide by CM?

Kisloo

Feb 27, 2013
Tczew
For Instalation aborted :

Open downloaded zip by winrar or 7zip.

Open Meta-inf>google>android>updater-script

Open updater-script by notepad++

Delete first lane in updater-script

Save and rebuild archive (automaticly)

Copy your package to sd card and instal via cwm

Ianuz1320

Jan 2, 2013
For Instalation aborted :

Open downloaded zip by winrar or 7zip.

Open Meta-inf>google>android>updater-script

Open updater-script by notepad++

Delete first lane in updater-script

Save and rebuild archive (automaticly)

Copy your package to sd card and instal via cwm

it's not working buddy.:(:(

Ianuz1320

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks buddy.. it worked on my phone!! but first boot took so long..i was stuck on CyanogenMod boot logo!! untill now!

Reactions: seises

E.jr

Nov 30, 2012
The new nightly does seem to lag a little as opposed to the original one.
The first one was smoother I've noticed.

Myric

Mar 10, 2013
E617

Has anyone tried CM10 for the E617 version of the L5? I'm to much of a newb to try it myself, I wouldn't be able to find my way back if I screwed-up my phone.

Last edited:

gatocapbr

Sep 20, 2012
I noticed that this cm10 for e610 has a kind of problem with multitouch,I have played shadow gun,modern combat 3 and modern combat 4 and six guns and in all these 4 games, I noticed that I can't move at the same time that I shoot,I wait that they solve this problem in next updates ;p

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda premium

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
delete this lane :

and it will work

thanks a lot mate!

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Im on cm bootloop about 20 minutes WHEN THIS WILL BOOT UP

E: I found out why there is a bootloop, we didn't took the right bootloader, see here my tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2186161 - if you do everything like i did, everything will work properly ;)

Last edited:

nhtbrink

Mar 5, 2013
Gouda
OK, I've got it installed (nightly 20130310), first I installed the provided CWM (6.0.2.8), had to do that manually though, because for some reason Rom Manager destroyed the 6.0.2.5 version I had when I tried to install CWM through Rom Manager.

It's running smoothly, although I also see a little graining in the screen. I had no data issues.

Also, booting didn't take that long.

One strange phenomenon:

I had FreeL5 running before CM10. Before flashing CM10 I did a factory reset from CWM, cleaned cache and Dalvik cache. After booting CM10 for the first time, my WiFi settings were still there... hadn't expected that, but since I'm on a corporate WiFi connection which needs a username and password to connect, it was nice not to have to retype it :victory:

---
Previous devices:
HTC Desire - MIUI
HTC Desire HD - MIUI
Sony XPeria S - FreeXPeria JB
Current devices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - Stock JB (because my girlfriend doesn't want me 'messing' with it)
LG Optimus L5 (E610) - CM10 nightly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I noticed that once the screen goes black (sleep) and i press the HOME button it won't go to the unlock screen...
    Going to the unlock screen only works when i press the power button or the volume button

Anyone else having this problem?
    It's by design. You can change it by editing single line in some file (Info shared by Brez)

I created a flashable zip to do that for you (see attachment)
    Hey, i have e610 cm10 with pinkflozd kernel on 4.14 update... because i really like overclocked cpu. The problem is that, i cant install any google app. no maps, no drive and things like that. i have installed gapps.rar for google apps. i only have gmail and search bar from google and thats all. I know maybe it would be better if i install latest nightly update but then i dont have overclocked cpu :/
    and yes it only writes that my phone is not compatible with this app.

you can try this kernel on newer cm10, it's overclocked upto 1ghz
    By example of this thread, I thought it would be convenient to also create a separate thread for our L5. I will update this first post with relevant information and links when needed.

Info
    CyanogenMod's site: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/
    Announcement on Google+ by CM: link
    Screenshots by luKi13223: link
    Screenshots by Sirrocco with dpi lowered to 130 and theme applied: link

Requirements

Downloads
    Nightlies started building. You can get the latest build from http://get.cm/?device=e610 OR http://10.cmxlog.com/?device=e610
    CWM Recovery by Ricardo Cerqueira (CyanogenMod): Direct download. Alternatively you can download the flashable zip provided in the attachment, it's the same, but easier to install if you already had a recovery installed.
    Google Apps (GAPPS) for Jelly Bean/CM10: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Short Installations guide
    1. Make sure you meet the requirements
    2. Download needed files (see above) and place them on your internal sd card
    3. Update your ClockWorkMod Recovery to v6.0.2.8 (you can do this by using terminal, adb (guide) or use the flashable zip I've attached
      This will avoid status(7) error messages and prevent issues with ROM Manager.
    4. Flash "cm-10-build date-NIGHTLY-e610.zip" from your internal sd card with CWM (or if you prefer with ROM Manager)
      [*]Optional: Flash custom kernel by PinkFlozd: link to thread WARNING: Don't install this kernel with builds created on 21 april 2013 or later (at least not untill someone updates the kernel)
    5. Optional: Flash "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip"
    6. After first boot see if your receiving any signal (provided your normally have any signal on that spot). If not, don't worry, a simple reboot might fix it.
    7. Enjoy ;)

Bugs:
    Considering these are the very first nightly builds of CM10 for our device, the dev did a pretty great job. Almost everything is working. Thanks to him :highfive:
    • Network / data is not working after 1st boot. A simple reboot after a few minutes might fix this
    • Multi-touch not fully working (dual touch works)?
    • SD card is full error, while there is still room left (up to at least 300 MB). I haven't experienced this bug in a while, it may be fixed, but I'm not sure.
    • Accelerometer

Small mods/Fixes
    :
    Sorry for my post,but why the hell u will install cm10,we have so many much better working roms on newer source like android l projekt which is awesome stable and better,or 4.4.4 based roms from different devs which are great too?

GREETZ FROM TEAM-OPTIMA!!!
    delete this lane :
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "e610" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "e610");

and it will work