!21139 is UP! (02/05) silentP 21140/21139 hybrid version 2 READY!

Search This thread

silentP

Mar 22, 2008
***POST #2 FOR WINMO 6.5 DOWNLOAD, 2 FLAVORS: With UI, Without UI***

Attached is the link to the silentP v2b3 that I've been working on. It's the first ROM that I've actually ported myself. Have a look. Loads super quick, I think you will like it.

------->silentP v2b3<-------
------->silentP v2b4<------- *added Skyfire + more reg tweaks
------->silentP v2b5<------- *added PIM Backup, WM5torage, and MORE reg tweaks
------->silentP v2b5<------- (mediafire mirror, thanks davos1!)
------->silentP v2b6<------- *added advanced config 3.3, htc x button, GSFinder+, and mysoft reset. (screenies 6 & 7)

------->silentP v2b7<------- *remove skyfire, remove HTC Task Manager, added Opera

Check out the file Zippy in \Windows. I forgot it was there :rolleyes:

Some Features
: HTC Start button
: New "Wait" animation
: Mick Smith's New SMS Option
: Schap's Advanced Config 3.3 (updated)
: Dopod Sim Manager (liked it better)
: 4Mb Page Pool
: Device Update from CRC
: Diamond Dialer
: Customized Opal Comm Manager
: Diamond Keyboard
: ArcSoft MMS 4.2
: SkyFire
: PIMBackup 2.8
: HTC X Button
: WM5torage
: MySoftReset
: GSFinder+
: Customized system sounds
: and a couple of registry tweaks
*NOTE: RAM shows 25.15, but I was actually pulling around 27. Damn SPB Screenshots!*

Thanks to Josh, Mick (Miffy), CRC, & Anryl for the help and modules. I am always trying to make things better, so suggestions are appreciated. You like the ROM but want something different? Let me know.

Attachments

• Screen01.png
    Screen01.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,185
  • Screen02.png
    Screen02.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,528
  • Screen03.png
    Screen03.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,400
  • Screen04.png
    Screen04.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Screen05.png
    Screen05.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 966
  • Screen06.png
    Screen06.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 906
  • Screen07.png
    Screen07.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 794
  • Screen08.png
    Screen08.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 936
Last edited:

silentP

Mar 22, 2008
WM 6.5

Testing WM 6.5. Attached are a couple of screenies. This is a beta and a 21109/21139 hybrid based off of s10onn2o's Titan kitchen. Thanks Josh, Tai, and s10onn2o for the help. RAM is lower because of the new UI. The biggest question is how is it compared to 6.1, well it's fast. Even with the new UI, RAM is usually around 25+. The UI is nice, but the clock doesn't auto-update. You have to press the d-pad for it to update. Because it wasn't made for PPC's, it doesn't respond to touch, only scrolling. Sounds are the same. Thanks to bingo1010 for the loading screen.

Remember: You flash at your own risk!

With CHome UI <-------
Without CHome <-------

21140/21139 Hybrid <------- PreAutoRun is in programs\tools\init, execute on start
21140/21139 Hybrid w/UI <-------

Easy PreAutoRun execution:
1. Open File Explorer
2. Go to the \Windows directory
3. Tap the menu option on lower right and select "Show all Files"
4. Find PreAutoRun and execute by tapping
5. Allow PreAutoRun to execute

Found Bugs:

* UI clock doesn't auto-update
* Doesn't always detect WiFi. Manual setup required thru settings
* Changing or adding appts from UI can cause lock-up and soft reset
* Alarms do not function
* PreAutoRun doesn't work, manual execution required (FIX Above)

Attachments

• Screen01.png
    Screen01.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 546
  • Screen02.png
    Screen02.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 540
  • Screen03.png
    Screen03.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:

character

Aug 22, 2006
Congratulations

a very clean ROM...

I do hope you can add Pimbackup and wm5storage on your rom( easy access to contacts and the microsd that we have... I usually format my microsd when I change ROMS again i dont know why... but it feels cleaner:) )

I just noticed that nowadays fewer ROMs have microsoft office??? why is it so? can you give opera mini a try also read that you are uploading skyfire:)

Last edited:

silentP

Mar 22, 2008
a very clean ROM...

I do hope you can add Pimbackup and wm5storage on your rom( easy access to contacts and the microsd that we have... I usually format my microsd when I change ROMS again i dont know why... but it feels cleaner:) )

I just noticed that nowadays fewer ROMs have microsoft office??? why is it so?

I usually don't install office because it's easily accessible from CRC's update. Saves on the load that way and speeds the ROM overall. As for the PIM Backup, I didn't think about that because I keep a version on my SD . I never thought of the WM5storage. If you like it, I'm sure more people do. I will ensure it's in my new version.

Last edited:

silentP

Mar 22, 2008
a very clean ROM...

I just noticed that nowadays fewer ROMs have microsoft office??? why is it so? can you give opera mini a try also read that you are uploading skyfire:)

yeah, cooked in Skyfire and it's up, however, b5 will have PIMBackup & WM5torage. Should be up in about 20 min. I will try and mess with Opera mini, but it may take a bit. :cool:

character

Aug 22, 2006
will give it a twirl...

Have just flashed tai's lite m2d and I can say it is GOOD no problems whatever... problem is still I need more space to put on my applications which is about 20 or more and eat lots of resources

there are two things that I found that had given me interest in here the PIMbackup ang WM5storage applications and of course the huge space... will give my feedback if that is okay with you

character

Aug 22, 2006
Just finished flashing here is my first comment ... Pimback up need certifications and wm5storage has a problem too (there is something i should do to make it work just forgot) :(

just thinking about that one ( certifications) would that mean that i will have problems in installing applications ??? or is that the reason why at the first page there was a reset because he had installed an application? havent starting adding my applications

FONT : very nice

connections : all was good
noticed that you have skyfire installed too no problem there was able to use wifi to use it but on activesync again there is a problem ( I just noticed that to all the roms that I have flashed ) dont know why still

able to use a bluetooth to talk and it was clear

WMplayer : it was also good and updated ... and when you remove and insert the card it automatically recognize it

nice sounds it makes me feel that I am using a vista right now including the wait cursor was impressive

will post more feedbacks as I dig in

but for now please do help me on my PIM and WM5storage problem please

Memory
Storage is : 60.19MB
Program is : 26.10 MB

that the V5 which has PIMbackup and WMstorage -> for those who want to know the memory

Last edited:

silentP

Mar 22, 2008
Just finished flashing here is my first comment ... Pimback up need certifications and wm5storage has a problem too (there is something i should do to make it work just forgot) :(

just thinking about that one ( certifications) would that mean that i will have problems in installing applications ??? or is that the reason why at the first page there was a reset because he had installed an application? havent starting adding my applications

FONT : very nice

connections : all was good
noticed that you have skyfire installed too no problem there was able to use wifi to use it but on activesync again there is a problem ( I just noticed that to all the roms that I have flashed ) dont know why still

able to use a bluetooth to talk and it was clear

WMplayer : it was also good and updated ... and when you remove and insert the card it automatically recognize it

nice sounds it makes me feel that I am using a vista right now including the wait cursor was impressive

will post more feedbacks as I dig in

but for now please do help me on my PIM and WM5storage problem please

Memory
Storage is : 60.19MB
Program is : 26.10 MB

that the V5 which has PIMbackup and WMstorage -> for those who want to know the memory

I'll work on it when I get back from the office. Thanks for the feedback.

character

Aug 22, 2006
This ROM is extremely Fast... I could say but there are some minor problems that I have experienced like in resco explorer it wont go to start menu when you press the star key to choose where you want to go I have fixed the PIMbackup by downloading a Pimback from freewares in ppc and made a shortcut

Fix for WM5storage

go to settings>>> settings

untick the USB to PC

for the WM5storage
LED/Vibrators
Read choose #1
Write choose #1

have worked for me :)

after unticking the usb to pc iwas able to browse using cable connection not wifi:)

man i think this is the first time I have been able to do this for awhile... Great

Last edited: