RavPower 14000mAh Power Bank - aka Dynamo On the Go Portable USB Charger

Search This thread

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA

Power Banks from RavPower are starting to remind me of Swiss Army Knives. I recently reviewed one that acted as a hot spot, provides charging, and allows devices to read SDCards and portable hard drives. The product in this post substitutes out those features for a huge capacity (14000 mAh) and a flashlight. It has two ports. One good enough to charge most cell phones and another that is good enough to charge most tablets (1A and 2A output respectively).

I've carried similar products:

• in the field (@ Fort Stewart and other military training facilities)
  • on deployment
  • while in Europe - kept my phone charged and acting as a hotspot for a group of 5
  • at sporting events
  • on plane trips / at the airport
  • conventions (SEMA / CTIA)
The prices on stuff like this keep on dropping. It'd probably be good to keep one charged up and in your arsenal of mobile devices / accessories.

Model: RP-PB13

(Pictured above: charged just about everyone's phone at the ball game - 2x S3, S4, LG Optimus G Pro)

Pick it up on Amazon for $42.99: http://bit.ly/18acfhG

Last edited:

HiredGUN.45

Jul 12, 2011
I have the RAVPower 10400 and it's a lifesaver on my recent travels. I noticed Trent has a 14000 Rugged version so that's another option, thanks for the heads up and review on the Ravpower 14000. Is the LED light useful? Anker has it but I'm not sure how bright these lights are.

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Looks sweet!
And the price is great too!
Thanks for letting us know man. :)

NP!

I have the RAVPower 10400 and it's a lifesaver on my recent travels. I noticed Trent has a 14000 Rugged version so that's another option, thanks for the heads up and review on the Ravpower 14000. Is the LED light useful? Anker has it but I'm not sure how bright these lights are.

New Trent looks nice. I just had an issue with one of their products. It did get used a lot though so I'm not surprised the port finally broke.

The light is basically just enough to locate small items in the dark and plug stuff into the battery pack. You're not going to want to use the light lets say for setting up a camp site.

Reactions: HiredGUN.45
Oct 24, 2012
i'm sorry to ask here... but is the home button of your S4 blinking? how? :confused:

Abought the charger, do you notice if it loses the charge if you spend a litle time without using it? I have a power bank that i imported fron china and it loses all charge if i dont use it for 4 days...

jvoisin

Jan 18, 2009
Cambridge, Ontario
i'm sorry to ask here... but is the home button of your S4 blinking? how? :confused:

Abought the charger, do you notice if it loses the charge if you spend a litle time without using it? I have a power bank that i imported fron china and it loses all charge if i dont use it for 4 days...

don't think that's an S4...

just ordered two of these. great price for 14000mah for sure..

NiMh batteries will discharge fast.. LiPo and Li-Ion don't typically have such high internal discharge rates.. maybe the one you have has Nimh cells in it?

Reactions: Vinicius.freitas89
Oct 24, 2012

NiMh batteries will discharge fast.. LiPo and Li-Ion don't typically have such high internal discharge rates.. maybe the one you have has Nimh cells in it?

probably... that whats cause the discharge... Thanks!

that blinking light was really getting me crazy! :silly:

pruhster

Jun 5, 2012
Great Review !! Always have people ask about Anker compare with RAVPower which one is better. Here i did a test compare with two device.

Anker 13000mAh Compare with RAVPower 14000mAh (Iphone 4s)

How does the DC voltage show which is better? I don't understand your test

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
How does the DC voltage show which is better? I don't understand your test

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

If the iPhone was at the same level of discharge and the power banks were both charged, it's nice to know that one can recharge at a quicker rate. I couldn't quote the reply that it was measuring current since that was on a different page, or I would have.

That was an Optimus G Pro =). This battery pack has held charges well just like their other product I showed in the video. Much better than some older portable USB chargers I've seen from various companies.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

Feb 22, 2012
NYC
need convincing

i bought 3rd party external chargers and mine fused out after the first week and i was so bumed out. Can you guys tell me how long youve used yours
thanks mate

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
i bought 3rd party external chargers and mine fused out after the first week and i was so bumed out. Can you guys tell me how long youve used yours
thanks mate

Ive had my Zagg for over 2 years now, with no replacement used yet. It has lost a bit of its life expansion since purchase, but I love it. Good investment for me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: angryapples300

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
How does this compare to the anker one? The newest anker only lost 18% or so of the power from transferring power from external natterybto phone. How does this compare ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Power Banks from RavPower are starting to remind me of Swiss Army Knives. I recently reviewed one that acted as a hot spot, provides charging, and allows devices to read SDCards and portable hard drives. The product in this post substitutes out those features for a huge capacity (14000 mAh) and a flashlight. It has two ports. One good enough to charge most cell phones and another that is good enough to charge most tablets (1A and 2A output respectively).

I've carried similar products:

• in the field (@ Fort Stewart and other military training facilities)
    • on deployment
    • while in Europe - kept my phone charged and acting as a hotspot for a group of 5
    • at sporting events
    • on plane trips / at the airport
    • conventions (SEMA / CTIA)
    The prices on stuff like this keep on dropping. It'd probably be good to keep one charged up and in your arsenal of mobile devices / accessories.

Model: RP-PB13

(Pictured above: charged just about everyone's phone at the ball game - 2x S3, S4, LG Optimus G Pro)

Pick it up on Amazon for $42.99: http://bit.ly/18acfhG

Looks sweet!
    And the price is great too!
    Thanks for letting us know man. :)

NP!

New Trent looks nice. I just had an issue with one of their products. It did get used a lot though so I'm not surprised the port finally broke.

The light is basically just enough to locate small items in the dark and plug stuff into the battery pack. You're not going to want to use the light lets say for setting up a camp site.

thanks mate

Ive had my Zagg for over 2 years now, with no replacement used yet. It has lost a bit of its life expansion since purchase, but I love it. Good investment for me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2