[Need Help] Bootloop after changing font {Solved}

Search This thread

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
Grrr I going to cry

Ok guys so i change the font using an app and after reboot the device get stuck at bootanimation.
The problem is that i can't have acces to system partition so i'm afraid my mojo is softbrick....

i try to update the device using fastboot command (c:/sdk/fastboot update c:/mojo.zip) but i got the "waiting for device" even when it is pluged

Do you have any idea of what i can do to revert the android ttf to stock ??

[Edit] Ok i have to thanks again Paul OBrien for his root method because i simply edit is own boot.img by adding in the superboot folder the stock font and addind line to the script to put it in the right folder and set correct permissions. I go into fastboot, flash reboot and it's finaly repair
AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH

Last edited:

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
[Edit] i think if someone could make a system.img with just the stock font in it or the stock system.img i should probably able to flash it

willdj79

Sep 23, 2013
Grrr I going to cry

Ok guys so i change the font using an app and after reboot the device get stuck at bootanimation.
The problem is that i can't have acces to system partition so i'm afraid my mojo is softbrick....

i try to update the device using fastboot command (c:/sdk/fastboot update c:/mojo.zip) but i got the "waiting for device" even when it is pluged

I know reading in one of the other threads in the mojo general forum that someone took theirs apart and there is 3 buttons inside. You might see if you can locate that thread on how to disassemble it and try holding down on a button while plugging it in. There is no known documentation on what they do but if your bricked what could it hurt.

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
I know reading in one of the other threads in the mojo general forum that someone took theirs apart and there is 3 buttons inside. You might see if you can locate that thread on how to disassemble it and try holding down on a button while plugging it in. There is no known documentation on what they do but if your bricked what could it hurt.

Yes i see that in forum but i don't want to open it because it's avoid the warranty

i repair the mojo by an other method i'll update the thread soon thanks

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
Yes i see that in forum but i don't want to open it because it's avoid the warranty

i repair the mojo by an other method i'll update the thread soon thanks

I think rooting it voids the warranty?? which is why I don't get how MC can advertise instructions on their website.
You should raise a support request with them on their site.
Hopefully kitkat is around soon.
Good luck!

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
We've decided to take an open stance on rooting - it's your box to do with as you wish. Of course the obvious caveats apply that you run the risk of causing boot issues, as Dead-neM has found!

Dead-neM in the interests of sharing, could you detail exactly what changes you made to the script and exactly what you did so it's explicitly spelled out for anyone else who runs into the same issue?

Reactions: gwaldo

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
Ok this what i have do exactly hope it can be helpfull so:

1/ Have cygwin + Android kitchen tool on your pc ( This software is use to decompile the boot.img and it can be find into xda forum ) So open it decompile the boot.img of Paul Obrien MmM3 ( Kitchen can't decompile boot if it have not system.img too so i decompile first the 110ww official zip rom and replace the boot img by the Paul Obrien's )

2/Go onto the folder of the decompile Boot.img : So open /boot.img-ramdisk/superboot/ there is a superboot.sh script open it

You can see all command. What you have to do is to put yours before the 3 last line ( mount -o ro, remount -t ext4 ........)

I type { cat /superboot/Clockopia.ttf>/system/fonts/Clockopia.ttf
cat /superboot/Roboto-Regular.ttf>/system/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf
chmod 777 /system/fonts/clockopia.ttf
chmod 777 /system/fonts/Roboto-Regular }

cat is used to move file and chmod to set permission

3/ Now i said to the boot img to replace file and set permission to it i need to put the file into the boot.img folder so i just copy the Clockopia and Roboto font into superboot folder

4/Now you can recompile the boot img using kitchen then flash it using Paul Obrien script

Enjoy i think you can put gapps with this method so if there is a courageous one here your welcome !!

Reactions: gwaldo

angus1225

May 29, 2009
Grrr I going to cry

[Edit] Ok i have to thanks again Paul OBrien for his root method because i simply edit is own boot.img by adding in the superboot folder the stock font and addind line to the script to put it in the right folder and set correct permissions. I go into fastboot, flash reboot and it's finaly repair
AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH

i have a black screen problem.
can you tell how you solved your problem?
thanks

angus1225

May 29, 2009
Did you get it solved?

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk
After reading a lot...yes!
I managed to conect mojo to a tv and a laptop to the mojo. Then i turn on mojo in flastboot and using the commsnds that a copy from the superboot.bat. i boot the mojo in twrp recovery and from there i flash the mojo rom.
And i recover the mojo just as i left it before the problem
I wish this helps someone.
[emoji106]

Reactions: Unjustified Dev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We've decided to take an open stance on rooting - it's your box to do with as you wish. Of course the obvious caveats apply that you run the risk of causing boot issues, as Dead-neM has found!

Dead-neM in the interests of sharing, could you detail exactly what changes you made to the script and exactly what you did so it's explicitly spelled out for anyone else who runs into the same issue?
    Ok this what i have do exactly hope it can be helpfull so:

1/ Have cygwin + Android kitchen tool on your pc ( This software is use to decompile the boot.img and it can be find into xda forum ) So open it decompile the boot.img of Paul Obrien MmM3 ( Kitchen can't decompile boot if it have not system.img too so i decompile first the 110ww official zip rom and replace the boot img by the Paul Obrien's )

2/Go onto the folder of the decompile Boot.img : So open /boot.img-ramdisk/superboot/ there is a superboot.sh script open it

You can see all command. What you have to do is to put yours before the 3 last line ( mount -o ro, remount -t ext4 ........)

I type { cat /superboot/Clockopia.ttf>/system/fonts/Clockopia.ttf
    cat /superboot/Roboto-Regular.ttf>/system/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf
    chmod 777 /system/fonts/clockopia.ttf
    chmod 777 /system/fonts/Roboto-Regular }

cat is used to move file and chmod to set permission

3/ Now i said to the boot img to replace file and set permission to it i need to put the file into the boot.img folder so i just copy the Clockopia and Roboto font into superboot folder

4/Now you can recompile the boot img using kitchen then flash it using Paul Obrien script

Enjoy i think you can put gapps with this method so if there is a courageous one here your welcome !!
    Did you get it solved?

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk
    After reading a lot...yes!
    I managed to conect mojo to a tv and a laptop to the mojo. Then i turn on mojo in flastboot and using the commsnds that a copy from the superboot.bat. i boot the mojo in twrp recovery and from there i flash the mojo rom.
    And i recover the mojo just as i left it before the problem
    I wish this helps someone.
    [emoji106]