Trying to find an older stock sense rom based on 4.1.1 or older

Search This thread

350Rocket

Dec 11, 2010
So I got a good deal on a galaxy s3 and now I'm getting ready to give the one s to a 50 something year old man who isn't great with technology. He's been using an HTC desire on stock 2.2 for over 3 years now and it's been almost rock solid dependable for him.

I don't want his new phone glitching out on him cause he won't really understand. I spent a few hours today after downgrading to 2.15 hboot and tried 4 different roms and had each one glitch out on me in some way within an hour of use except official cm11 but I only spent maybe 40 minutes with it before making a backup and trying the 3 other roms all 4.4.2 roms.

I'm starting to think I probably can't depend on any of them except an official 4.1.1 or older rom to be reliable enough but now I can't find any working download links for the older roms.

Anyone think they can help? I would give him this one cause it's still stock and keep the one s myself but he doesn't like anything this big and I personally like the s3 size.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

rosswhite

May 10, 2011
So I got a good deal on a galaxy s3 and now I'm getting ready to give the one s to a 50 something year old man who isn't great with technology. He's been using an HTC desire on stock 2.2 for over 3 years now and it's been almost rock solid dependable for him.

I don't want his new phone glitching out on him cause he won't really understand. I spent a few hours today after downgrading to 2.15 hboot and tried 4 different roms and had each one glitch out on me in some way within an hour of use except official cm11 but I only spent maybe 40 minutes with it before making a backup and trying the 3 other roms all 4.4.2 roms.

I'm starting to think I probably can't depend on any of them except an official 4.1.1 or older rom to be reliable enough but now I can't find any working download links for the older roms.

Anyone think they can help? I would give him this one cause it's still stock and keep the one s myself but he doesn't like anything this big and I personally like the s3 size.

If it was me I would use an RUU to get the phone back to stock. Its not the most up to date version of android but its completely stable, good battery life and a good camera. I think Sense 4 will look pretty good coming from a desire on stock 2.2!

Reactions: 350Rocket

350Rocket

Dec 11, 2010
Well I had more coffee and did some more searching and found one several pages back with a download link that still worked. I think it was BehradGH best stock sense v3.0. Based on stock 4.1.1 with a few tweaks trying it now. It should be good and then I don't have to relock it and ruu it. I'd prefer to still have root just in case. Makes it easier to solve some problems if they arrise I think.

If this rom doesn't turn out as stable as I hope it will I will run an ruu. If I run the Telus ruu there is almost no bloatware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If it was me I would use an RUU to get the phone back to stock. Its not the most up to date version of android but its completely stable, good battery life and a good camera. I think Sense 4 will look pretty good coming from a desire on stock 2.2!