Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Australia Thread

Search This thread

KMino

Sep 15, 2010
Prob before the US :)
So easy to do it yourself anyway.
Install CWM with Odin, then go to Docs kitchen and install the non-wipe version.
Bonus it shall work and is no dodgy Kies involved :) plus you get a real kernel, Speedmod etc and can convert the entire file system to ext4 aswell... Worth it just for the huge speed increase etc from stock..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Bluephantom3

Jan 23, 2011
Sydney
whats the difference between the Australian models and the Europe models? Cause I've istalled a Europe firmware and then Darkyy's ROM, works fine.

TheKoomba2010

Jan 30, 2011
Sydney
well it usually depends on what carrier your on. for example if your on optus u might get an australian open app. or if your on sprint you might get a wi fi hotspot option in the settings. the possibilities are endless... ill keep u updated on these changes

:D

prana_Sky

Aug 21, 2010
Melbourne
Nice to have an Ozzy thread. been in the dark for to long!Lol
I wont to flash the new xwjs3 with pit 803 using our CSC!:)

prana_Sky

Aug 21, 2010
Melbourne
yes i agree!!! us aussies need to stand up!!! :)

anyway about your question........

try this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9745489

if that didnt help.....

pm me.....

Looks like while you were looking there I was looking here http://romkitchen.org/sgs/?s=generator

downloaded the file but don't know what to do with it .it's saying I need clockworkmod recovery to install feel lazy to do the prosess. I thought it would have been a odin flash and thats it.
Still might just go for the original xwjs3 flash unless someone know an odin flash way for romkitchen?

goughymachine

Aug 31, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Why is pup still captaining the one day team, let alone even in the side and why hasn't hilditch been booted as a selector when he couldn't pick his nose properly with a torch and pair of needle nose pliers let alone pick a cricket team?

Tapatalk! We don't need no stinkin' Tapatalk!

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
Looks like while you were looking there I was looking here http://romkitchen.org/sgs/?s=generator

downloaded the file but don't know what to do with it .it's saying I need clockworkmod recovery to install feel lazy to do the prosess. I thought it would have been a odin flash and thats it.
Still might just go for the original xwjs3 flash unless someone know an odin flash way for romkitchen?

Cwm files are flashed from the phone. Just put the file on your sd card. Then download rom manager from the market and from it flash cwm recovery. Then boot into recovery mode. Might need to boot into recovery a second time for the cwm recovery version to show. Note that this only works if you have recovery mode 2e. You can tell which version you have when in recovery mode....it shows it on top. If you have 3e just flash cf root with odin. After all is working you can select the rom on your sd card from cwm recovery and flash it. I always download roms from my phone and flash with it as well. Haven't had to use a pc or odin fir months now. I'm currently on Doc's rom JPY but who knows about tomorrow :)

prana_Sky

Aug 21, 2010
Melbourne
Cwm files are flashed from the phone. Just put the file on your sd card. Then download rom manager from the market and from it flash cwm recovery. Then boot into recovery mode. Might need to boot into recovery a second time for the cwm recovery version to show. Note that this only works if you have recovery mode 2e. You can tell which version you have when in recovery mode....it shows it on top. If you have 3e just flash cf root with odin. After all is working you can select the rom on your sd card from cwm recovery and flash it. I always download roms from my phone and flash with it as well. Haven't had to use a pc or odin fir months now. I'm currently on Doc's rom JPY but who knows about tomorrow :)

Does cf root work with xwjs3? I have zip file, do I unzip or leave it ziped when putting on SD?? Does the file need a name??? might give it a go!
So first
1.flash cf root
2.put ziped file on sd card (asuming)
3.install clockworkmod
4.flash clockworkmod recovery, boot into recovery.
Once in recovery what do I do in recovery?
5.select rom and flash

cheers!

KLoNe1

Jun 28, 2010
Brisbane
Really need to know which is the best modem and CSC for us Aussies. I'm on an Optus reseller here up in Brisbane and get pretty shocking reception most of the time.

Arlo66

Jan 28, 2011
wow..i didn't noe dat we hv an Aussie Thread Here..its Cool..Niwae Juz Wanna Share Wif Ya Dat I've Upgrade Mine Using Darky's Rom 2.2.1..but it seems like its sucking up my batt..& wen I run up the Quadrant benchmark,my device end up in either 3rd or 4th..unlike the others on 2.2.1 ending theirs up on the top..Juz Nt sure wer it when Wrong..But Overall Its Still cool..

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
Does cf root work with xwjs3? I have zip file, do I unzip or leave it ziped when putting on SD?? Does the file need a name??? might give it a go!
So first
1.flash cf root
2.put ziped file on sd card (asuming)
3.install clockworkmod
4.flash clockworkmod recovery, boot into recovery.
Once in recovery what do I do in recovery?
5.select rom and flash

cheers!

You've pretty much got it. But in number 3. it's actually install 'rom manager' However not sure if cf root works on js3. I'm currently using jpy but it may work. It's just a kernal so if it doesn't just flash another compatible kernal. You will know if it works by using the 3 button method to enter recovery. If you see 2e at the top then all good.

For the zipped file you don't need to unzip. Just leave it as is. CWM recovery has an added option which allows you to select zip file from sd. you to select zip file you want to flash and you don't need to change the name. My files are names darkys...., docs... etc. You can rename them if you want.

When you flash cwm recovery from rom manager it creates an update.zip file on your sd card which normal 2e recovery uses to get you onto the cwm recovery version. And then yes, just select rom, theme, or anything else you want and all done. I currently have a folder on sd named 'flash' with subfolders for firmwares, kernals, themes, apps and other.

I just flash away anytime anywhere I like and if I'm not happy I just flash back. CWM also has a backup function which is literally a life saver. Titanium is good for apps but rom manager / cwm backs up everything. I've had problems before and from cwm recovery selected restore and all good again.

Reactions: prana_Sky

BushwalkerSP

Jun 26, 2008
Sydney
Can somebody explain to me why is Wi-Fi connection so unreliable? I've recently upgraded to 2.2. release, which made the Wi-Fi connectivity worse. It got that bad that I can't connect to the Wi-Fi network in my office, but my other phone (iPhone 4) deosn't have any issues connecting.:mad: Samsung has spent too much developing their 3d TV's instead improving their mobile phones quality.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had my Galaxy S for about a year staying on stock and waiting for Optus to update firmwares. Only recently i ventured to try out different roms, etc, because i wanted to upgrade to gingerbread.

I personally recommend GingerReal. It doesnt get as much attention as Darkys rom or miui, but after trying them all i always go back to gingerreal.
    Also it was the first rom i ever flashed because of its easy to follow guide.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1025348
    ok, i am on telstra , i updated to darkies v10 RC5.3.

i flashed the base rom and followed all the steps.
    now i dont get any cell coverage.
    any ideas.

i am also on rc5 and the jvk modem works well..i am now trying jpg modem from this post....:
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/zsjpg-modem-on-rc5-is-the-nuts.2454/.....
    also here is a list of modems...:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=876391
    try typing in *#0011# and see what band you are on

mark
    Anyone know which is the best modem to use with gingerbread rom for Optus?

I'm using JVP at the moment, have also had good results with JVO and JPG.

Try a few out, if you grab perkas file stash from the market you can download them straight to your phone. It's easy to flash and reflash if you're not getting the desired results, takes less than a minute through CWM.
    My experiences with various modems are below:

JPE - Good GPS lock, good phone signal, random UTMS disconnects
    JP3 - Mediocre GPS, phone good signal
    JPY - Poorer GPS than JPE, but this is the 2nd time I've tried JPY and on a previous ROM with JPY it wasn't this bad! Phone signal is good, but random UTMS disconnects (I'm currently running this)
    JL2 - Tried it a while ago and it worked pretty well all-round from what I recall. I felt the 3G was slow, but otherwise reliable
    JPX - Best GPS performance I ever saw from any modem <10 second lock and 5m accuracy, maybe I should trawl through the old ROMs and see if I can find this modem again

I'm not sure whether or not the flaky 3G is due to Optus's network or the modems though. I think I'll try the new Gingerbread modem as well as BUJP5 and new Hong Kong modem (JPG). I should flash them more regularly and do a more in-depth analysis