[Q] Amaze or Sensation - What's YOUR advice?

Search This thread

benyben123

Sep 22, 2010
Not sure which to get. Any difference? Same processor, is it not (sensation can be OC'd to 1.5 as i understand), same display..... What gives ;)

Thanks!

ITALIANNYC

Apr 20, 2012
Amaze processor 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S3 dual core vs Sensation processor 1.2 GHz Snapdragon dual core

Amaze RAM 1GB vs Sensation RAM 768MB

Amaze storage internal included 16GB vs Sensation storage 8GB

Amaze camera 2Megapixel front camera vs Sensation VGA front camera

Amaze extra camera features like Snapshot etc vs Sensation (doesn't have)

Amaze 1080p video vs Sensation 1080p (same)

Amaze battery 1730 mAh vs Sensation 1520 mAh

Amaze 4G able to connect up to 42mbps vs Sensation 4G able to connect up to 14mbps

Reactions: benyben123

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Technically, if your installing a custom Rom the only different between the two phones are the ram.
Since the sensation can be clocked to 1.8ish, you can buy a bigger battery, you can port the amazes camera software.

The amaze will be a lot smoother over all though, since it does have more ram.
I would get an Amaze, there is no point in having a million roms, you only need a few good ones.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

Reactions: benyben123

benyben123

Sep 22, 2010
Technically, if your installing a custom Rom the only different between the two phones are the ram.
Since the sensation can be clocked to 1.8ish, you can buy a bigger battery, you can port the amazes camera software.

I would get an Amaze, there is no point in having a million roms, you only need a few good ones.

but the RAM (extra 256) really makes that much of a diff? because by looking at the beginning of your comment, i was sure U R going to say - get the sensation. Then U mentioned the RAM as the decisive factor.

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
256mb will make quite a big difference, the stock sensation Rom is a lot more laggy than the stock amaze Rom is, and they're practically the same thing. If not less "stuff" on the sensation.

So unless you can't handle not flashing a Rom every day, get the amaze.
Even with underclocking to 1.2ghz my phone is still smooth, and you get the battery life of the sensation.

Now of course, everyone here will be biased towards the amaze. And if you ask the sensation people they'd probably say the sensation.
It all comes down to your personal taste, I was in the same position as you. But I chose the Amaze, and I don't regret it at all.

If you can, go into a T-Mobile store and test them out.

ITALIANNYC

Apr 20, 2012
And btw.. If you plan on buying the Amaze, its free right now on T-Mobile.com with new activation or upgrade till Sunday. If you want the online pricing and are upgrading, call tmobile and ask for the retention department.

lamenramen

Jul 19, 2011
I think that the Amaze's screen is not the same as the Sensation's. The Amaze's is brighter, is less reflective, and seems more vibrant.

orthanc77

Jun 4, 2010
new phone

s3 and note coming so soon, but this is htc forum, so might as well get the latest phone, amaze 4g.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Amaze processor 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S3 dual core vs Sensation processor 1.2 GHz Snapdragon dual core

Amaze RAM 1GB vs Sensation RAM 768MB

Amaze storage internal included 16GB vs Sensation storage 8GB

Amaze camera 2Megapixel front camera vs Sensation VGA front camera

Amaze extra camera features like Snapshot etc vs Sensation (doesn't have)

Amaze 1080p video vs Sensation 1080p (same)

Amaze battery 1730 mAh vs Sensation 1520 mAh

Amaze 4G able to connect up to 42mbps vs Sensation 4G able to connect up to 14mbps
    Amaze is better UNLESS you want more roms

With the custom ROM, I'm pretty sure the Sensation will be just as smooth (if not smoother) as the Amaze