Is it possible to make app that adapts to phone hardware?

Search This thread

xorg23

May 24, 2014
Hi there.

I have one question - I'm starting to learn android development and I want to know one thing - can I write app that will adapt to phone on which is installed? I mean - for example - app will use wifi, gps and ringtone to give me location of a phone. If phone has gps - it will use gps. If not - it will switch to wifi. If phone is old and has no wifi or gps it will ring. I want detect it automaticaly beacuse app will be installed on different models and by users that know nothing about device so it must be done inside of app and not by user.

arpitkh96

Feb 17, 2012
panipat
Hi there.

I have one question - I'm starting to learn android development and I want to know one thing - can I write app that will adapt to phone on which is installed? I mean - for example - app will use wifi, gps and ringtone to give me location of a phone. If phone has gps - it will use gps. If not - it will switch to wifi. If phone is old and has no wifi or gps it will ring. I want detect it automaticaly beacuse app will be installed on different models and by users that know nothing about device so it must be done inside of app and not by user.

Yes it is possible. but I dont remember any phone without WiFi,gps .every device have them

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xorg23

May 24, 2014
Yes it is possible. but I dont remember any phone without WiFi,gps .every device have them

That was example. I need to write an app that will switch from one option of communication to another is one of them is not avaible (no signal or simply is not supported) or simply to conserve battery.

arpitkh96

Feb 17, 2012
panipat
That was example. I need to write an app that will switch from one option of communication to another is one of them is not avaible (no signal or simply is not supported) or simply to conserve battery.

Again yes its possible .Google maps do this.it prompts to switch on WiFi or GPS etc for location accuracy

krypdon

Mar 1, 2014
Yes! That is possible and most apps are designed in this fashion.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts