What OS are you using as your daily driver?

What's your daily driver?

• Total voters
Search This thread

hammered09

Jul 18, 2008
WM7 for me, have been using it since Sat. Love the speed and the look it's gotta be the fastest ROM I've used, certainly a hellova lot faster than NANdroid (sorry guys). I know there's a few teething probs (and I've lost Copilot for the moment). But it'll all be sorted soon... What a fantastic phone we all own... :D

Reactions: tlerner

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
I used winmo stock for the first 3 weeks i had my Leo. Just while i got my head around the differences from my diamond. Then flashed an Energy 6.5.x build and not looked back (that was almost a year ago). I've used a couple of android SD builds and i came to the conclusion that it wasn't for me. It feels like an open source iphone for teenagers. Hell, i've used my sisters desire with the stock rom and the feel of the whole phone was lacking compared to my HD2.

This poll is a good idea there is just one problem with it. Android users are very vocal about their love of the operating system. Winmo users tend to be much less so. I think this has a lot to do with the user bases age range (ie alot older than most android users). I also think it has something to do with the original demographic Windows CE was aimed at - IT professionals. Winmo has grown from this and taken people like me with it.

I will try out WP7 but i'm waiting for the february update first. Copy/paste is a must for me.

+1 On this..........

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce

Abdul9.

Dec 30, 2010
Eschweiler
The main reason i'm now using wp7 is cos of the Keyboard, i love it. Its better than all the keyboards i have ever used or tested and thats why i dont want to flash another rom on my hd2 even though i know that wp7 needs lots of adjustments.

nznewb

Aug 27, 2009
I've been using WP7 since its release. I've found my phone to be more reliable; I was previously using a NANDroid ROM. Battery life and general performance has been great. I can't see myself going to a different OS anytime soon. Soooo happy!

Hustensaft

Mar 21, 2010
Mannheim
I have changed my device.
Now i use a real android phone - Motorola Droid 2 (Milestone 2 is the name in germany).
I love android and the milestone with the hardware keyboard. :)

I admin my homeserver with ssh from the phone and controlled my windows 7 PC remote with teamviewer.

daleandla

May 6, 2008
First of all. I freaking love my HD2. This is the best phone out there hands down! I was a loyal windows 6.5 & 6.5.3 flasher for the longest time. Then I tried Android and never looked back to Windows again. Started on the SD builds tight away and was stoked to see the Nand builds. Some are just perfect. I love Android over ANY OS out there. BUT, because I like to try the latest to see if it could be the greatest, I am currently giving W7 a shot. Been running running it fully functional for about 4 days. Its cool, bit I miss the options to do basically anything I want with Android. I'll run this a while, but pretty sure it hasn't stole my heart from Android. :D
Rock On.

grafikastudios

Apr 22, 2008
Paris
just on wp7, it is amazinly fast and reliable, i only have trouble with my 3gset it up , but games, social apps, facebook integration, xbox live, zune is great made me forget android ....

Gary.M

Feb 5, 2010
McMoons froyostone 4.0 Desire based sd build w Hastarin 8.6. It's fast, stable, and has low battery drain. Have stayed away from nand as it looks like it needs a lot more development yet.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

linux150

Oct 3, 2010
Linz
I´m using ARTEMIS Rom V51 for daily working, and it works really fast and smooth.
For Angry Birds, GPS, and other great tools i use Darkstones Froyo Ram Version 0.1 with Sense.

linux150

bigmikehd2

Sep 12, 2010
Cincinnati
Wow

Man, I knew Android was popular for the HD2 but more than 50%!! That is crazy. I hope someone from HTC is seeing this and I hope they never ruin another great device with such a boring os!

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
HD2 is the best phone I've ever had. And I love it. And now I'm using Android, because it's the best OS out there. Open-Source is very important for me, because open-source means more customizable. I change what I want and how I like it. I use a NAND build from Android on my Leo512 and there are no problems. Everything is working fine and although many people cry because they have no internal memory free... I have 120 from 250MB internal memory free, although I have sooo much programs installed... It's perfect, it's more than perfect > It's love!

Mydde

Mar 18, 2008
i had my hd2 from the first time, coming from the strangeness if winmo ( cruise, diamond). While waiting for wp7 update, flashing and flashing again, i was ready to stay on android ram ( angry birds ? ).
wp7 made me forget android ... in one second: it feel so different, and xap are cool like cab was.
For sure, things are missing ( copy/paste,real gps software), but the os is good, and xda is great !:)

Last edited:

Electzik

Nov 30, 2009
Rennes
I tried WP7 on my HD2 but could not get past the Live Services verification step. I've given up for now but I absolutely loved the interface and the web browsing. It made me seriously think about getting an HD7 as my next phone until I realised nothing is as open and moddable as Android. I've switched back to Android 2.3 on NAND.

Exactement pareil :D

mumtaz64

Jul 5, 2009
Constantine
I bought an HD2 in hope that someday WP7 will be ported into it. So I went from stock ROM to Android SD (MDJ Evo Build), to Android NAND (DFT Desire Clean) and now WP7 (DFT).

songokussm

Apr 13, 2010
I used WP7 but am going back to Android right now... WP7 needs more work from Redmond before I might give it another chance.

Sums it up.

MDJ's Cyanogen NAND allows me to do everything I can think of.
The only downside is all high end games lag, a lot.

WP7-
I like the interface. I love the games. That's were it ends. You can't even track a package from your email adress or send any mms message (besides pictures). The os is half done at best.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I was just curious about which OS is used the most, and which OS is used the least. Please submit your vote, so we can get an as accurate as possible picture. By Daily driver I mean which OS you're using right now to text, call and just use for your daily life.

A short list of the options and their definitions:

Stock Windows Mobile 6.5.x - You're using the stock rom that came with the device, or an official update.

Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.x - You've flashed a custom rom like Energy rom. Chances are you're changing the rom on a regular basis. ;)

Android SD/RAM - You're running Android old school from your SD card, or you're using a RAM build.

Android NAND - You're using the latest and greatest NAND (Internal memory) build(s) out there!

Windows Phone 7 - You're loyal to Microsoft and decided to flash Redmond's latest and greatest.

Ubuntu - You decided a mobile OS just wasn't good enough, and you gave your HD2 a full desktop/netbook experience! Unlikely you're using this on a daily basis though :D

MeeGo - You're using MeeGo. I'm not sure if it's possible, as it hasn't been released yet, but it's worth a shot.

- If you're dualbooting, just choose the main one. :D

I'm curious what the results might be. I'm currently using Windows Phone 7 for texting, calling, some gaming and just for the general experience. I've also partitioned half of my SD card for Darkstone SuperRAM, just for Angry Birds and Scooter Hero. I think most people are using a Android NAND build by now though.
    I used winmo stock for the first 3 weeks i had my Leo. Just while i got my head around the differences from my diamond. Then flashed an Energy 6.5.x build and not looked back (that was almost a year ago). I've used a couple of android SD builds and i came to the conclusion that it wasn't for me. It feels like an open source iphone for teenagers. Hell, i've used my sisters desire with the stock rom and the feel of the whole phone was lacking compared to my HD2.

This poll is a good idea there is just one problem with it. Android users are very vocal about their love of the operating system. Winmo users tend to be much less so. I think this has a lot to do with the user bases age range (ie alot older than most android users). I also think it has something to do with the original demographic Windows CE was aimed at - IT professionals. Winmo has grown from this and taken people like me with it. I find the integration and compatibility with the windows based networks i run to be the best feature of windows mobile and i'm yet to achieve that using android (and not for want of trying either).

I will try out WP7 but i'm waiting for the february update first. Copy/paste is a must for me.
    WP7 for me, well at least for the last four days...here is why

GPS...Instant no waiting at all for a fix, using Endomondo for running, the route is spot on, best i have ever seen on any of my other phones, or even this HD2 running WM to Android.

SOUND...the sound quality, through headphones on WP7 is second none, why on eaarth its so much better than Android I really don't know and the ZUNE player and online stuff is simply fantastic

OFFICE...miles better than WM office, Android office apps just don't cut it

GAMES...try Harvest wow can't believe my HD2 is actually running this. loads more to try, also loving AlphaJAX bit like scrabble and wordsmith on Android only slicker.

INTERFACE...slick super fast, makes Android and WM on the HD2 seem antiquated

SOCIAL...the people update is simply perfect, facebook and twitter apps never look so good, loving the swiping about

KEYBOARD...never used such a easy to use keyboard, not sure why its so much better, I can type faster then on swipe, weird

Camera and Video... well this is hands down miles better than anything else for the HD2, did some filming at the weekend and the clarity is amazing

CALENDAR...quick easy and perfect for me to add and adjust my busy schedule

PHONE and SMS...sound quality and signal just work

Ok there are few teething problems but hopefully between XDA and Microsoft these will improve, ie...cut/paste, flash would be nice, but uses to much of my 3g allowance, Multitasking not that it needs it, it runs so fast, but perhaps being able to run my online radio with the brilliant rescoradio and do other things would be nice, otherwise you can have music running all the time and do other things, lets see what happens...
    i had my hd2 from the first time, coming from the strangeness if winmo ( cruise, diamond). While waiting for wp7 update, flashing and flashing again, i was ready to stay on android ram ( angry birds ? ).
    wp7 made me forget android ... in one second: it feel so different, and xap are cool like cab was.
    For sure, things are missing ( copy/paste,real gps software), but the os is good, and xda is great !:)
    Android SD/RAM - Utterly smooth, I haven't changed builds for five weeks because I have no problems with this. First time my phone has been flawless in the 24 months I've had it (I'm including the Blackstone days! :)).

I am very keen to go NAND. I'm just waiting until the ROMs have had a month under their belt so they are watertight. I would normally be flashing like mad, but I'm just too happy with my phone for now.

Not too interested in WP7. If it was as easy as switching memory cards, I'd probably give it a week's fair chance. But I think Android's got my heart!

ROM: Evo's Black&Blue remix