rooted 2.2.2 with DJ_Steve's tweaks flash through CWR

Search This thread

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
Ok BIG thanks goes too davied and DJ_Steve. Without them this would not be possible. Ive flashed this and all is good. Root, 2300 consistent in quadrant. This is Davied's .zip with DJ_Steve's tweaks. Copy and paste mirror2.streakdroid.com/djsteve336.zip this in your browser. Flash via Clockworkmod.

Its always a safe bet too wipe data/cache make a nandroid before you flash!!! Flash at your own risk Me, Davied, DJ_Steve are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device or yourself. Happy Streaking to you all!!!

md5 sum. e9e5aa6c0b1f712aec67ca6434ca75e1

Last edited:

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
Ok BIG thanks goes too davied and DJ_Steve. Without them this would not be possible. Ive flashed this and all is good. Root, 2300 consistent in quadrant. This is Davied's .zip with DJ_Steve's tweaks. Copy and paste mirror2.streakdroid.com/djsteve336.zip this in your browser. Flash via Clockworkmod.

Its always a safe bet too wipe data/cache. Flash at your own risk Me, Davied, DJ_Steve are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device or yourself. Happy Streaking to you all!!!

md5 sum. e9e5aa6c0b1f712aec67ca6434ca75e1

Thanks bud, downloading.

Is there a way to flash using other ways other than CWM? I am already installed with 2.2.2 so I am not rooted so I can't install rom manager to flash CWM... what a circle...

Thanks!

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
Thanks bud, downloading.

Is there a way to flash using other ways other than CWM? I am already installed with 2.2.2 so I am not rooted so I can't install rom manager to flash CWM... what a circle...

Thanks!

Well I guess that is pretty stupid question ..
Maybe I flash recovery using this recovery first, then boot into recovery , then flash the .zip file.

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
NO!!! Your dell streak7 has an unlocked bootloader there for you can go to the clockwork thread by graffixnyc and flash his cwr through fastboot then boot into cwr and flash this. This has too be flashed through cwr.

sent from my Tbolt.

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
NO!!! Your dell streak7 has an unlocked bootloader there for you can go to the clockwork thread by graffixnyc and flash his cwr through fastboot then boot into cwr and flash this. This has too be flashed through cwr.

sent from my Tbolt.

I flashed his recovery-cwm.img, and when i hold volume up + power, it still goes into stock recovery menu...

am I missing anything?

Last time i flashed my cwm, I used Rom Manager. . .

KenpoAP

Oct 5, 2010
San Juan
I flashed his recovery-cwm.img, and when i hold volume up + power, it still goes into stock recovery menu...

am I missing anything?

Last time i flashed my cwm, I used Rom Manager. . .

Yes! You need to select the third option update pkg and ds7 will go into cwm!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
hey, these worked with update march 24 ?
i had try to fastboot and the sreen hang, must reset it :confused:

the screen didnt hang.. that screen IS the fastboot screen.. when you have that screen you must plug your streak into your computer.. all the fastboot commands are issued through a command prompt on your computer..

conmeo8ya

Sep 25, 2008
Ho Chi Minh
the screen didnt hang.. that screen IS the fastboot screen.. when you have that screen you must plug your streak into your computer.. all the fastboot commands are issued through a command prompt on your computer..

yeah, i had typed command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", put the file to DS7, it flashed and hang :D maybe i had updated OTA march 23.

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
you dont fastboot flash this file. you need too fastboot flash cwr then flash this with clockworkmod.

And jiwengang you need too select option 2 in the stock bootloader.That will bring you into cwr.

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
you dont fastboot flash this file. you need too fastboot flash cwr then flash this with clockworkmod.

And jiwengang you need too select option 2 in the stock bootloader.That will bring you into cwr.

I got it working. I was staring at option 2 but did not execute it. A step away with cwm lol. All good now , thanks!!!!

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA App

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Question, I have still yet to update Ive always been the cautious type vs instant flashing.

Think I am ready now. So, since I did not OTA yet. But I AM rooted. I have Rom manager installed.

So am I correct when I assume, what I do it, Flash CWR, download this zip, then flash via the app to be updated to 2.2.2, have the tweaks and be set to go?

Also What T-mobile/Dell apps did it remove? Thanks.

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
You cant flash via rom manager. Its useless other then flashing cwr. But yes boot into bootloader by holding power and plus volume hold it until you see the menu. Select option 2 should put you into cwr. Once in cwr flash the .zip i provided. Reboot and you should be on 2.2.2 rooted. Good luck.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Thanks Hellzya, Will try it now. What Apps were removed tho?

Also are you all using a SD card for storage or nah?

Btw wiping out Data/Cach or whatever, that doesnt touch the internal storage memory does it? Never had a device with internal memory like this. Used to my G1 and using the SD card for everything.

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
i believe you dont need too wipe by i always do just to be careful. It doesnt take that long too reinstall everything and set it up. i do it for piece of mind. and yes i have a 16gb external sd but i put everything im gonna flash on the internal sd.

Thatruth ask davied or get on irc and if dj steve is there im sure he could help you.

Top Liked Posts