Search This thread

oisis

Oct 9, 2008
Out of nowhere
Last update broken my 2G connection :(. 2G working but from time to time is disconnecting and i have to switch to 3G and then back to 2G.

eBug

Jul 17, 2008
Correct boot could be flashed only in Odin.

What is the format of stock boot.img?

My idea was to extract the stock boot.img, unapck it modify the files included, pack it back and flash it but

Code:
# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/boot.img
i9001# ext4_utils/simg2img boot.img boot_ext4.img
Bad magic

doesn't do the trick.

I thought those .img files were sparse img but simg2img is just failing at uncompressing them.

Does anyone know what format are they?

mazen912

Jul 7, 2011
What is the format of stock boot.img?

My idea was to extract the stock boot.img, unapck it modify the files included, pack it back and flash it but

Code:
# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/boot.img
i9001# ext4_utils/simg2img boot.img boot_ext4.img
Bad magic

doesn't do the trick.

I thought those .img files were sparse img but simg2img is just failing at uncompressing them.

Does anyone know what format are they?

it is img format
use dsixda kitchen to extract it , it is easy way

but i didn't get your idea

Reactions: eBug

eBug

Jul 17, 2008
Last edited:

Harrocan

Jul 28, 2009
Work much better than 2.3.6.. Better battery life, many config options, and many apps working, which not working on 2.3.6 . Only annoying vibration... For me it's really needed feature, i hope that be quick repaired. :) Ah - audio playback is very distorted, but i must test it more time..

eBug

Jul 17, 2008
Last edited:

kellermanv

Dec 31, 2011
Tîrgu Mureş
Err. Can i ask you guys, How is the Battery life? (Preferably images from the "BATTERY" section in the settings)

I Don't seem to be able to make it past 15hours without charge. Its barely lasting.... :( So, If anybody would like to help. Thanks!

Here you go:

Battery life is very good, but in these 20 hours i didn't play any games and i used the wifi for about 1-2 hours.

neluba

Nov 2, 2011
The battery life isn't so good :(
But it is better since I installed the kernel update from sunday.
And I don't know why facebook and mediaserver eating so much bettery life.

edit: Oh and I'm using a 1800mAh akku
k5hTe.png

bruzzler2809

Mar 22, 2012
can anybody please attach the systemui file without any modification from cm9 ? thanks.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Sorry, I meant the Boot_loader.tar. I want to flash that tar file but I can't use Odin, so my idea is to turn the Boot_loader.tar file into an img file that I can install directly with dd

If you wanna do it in another way using terminal then do this

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14

This might stop the bootloops

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Sorry, fixed.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Why not?? I mean for his recovery Arco made two versions, one flashable with Odin and the other flashable with dd, so I guess it's possible for a boot image too.

The Odin package also includes the same boot img
If you extract the file you'll find it there

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

BzArEx

Nov 30, 2011
Rzeszow
Err. Can i ask you guys, How is the Battery life? (Preferably images from the "BATTERY" section in the settings)

I Don't seem to be able to make it past 15hours without charge. Its barely lasting.... :( So, If anybody would like to help. Thanks!

For me it was 24+/-h rom - that's mean good. Was because it messed up my recovery once worked once not and sth happening with sdcard.
Are you sure that your phone sleeping correctly when is locked?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix for recovery bootloop problem

Thanks to everyone who hear my pray and tried to help with my problem (bootloop into recovery). And Acro68 sorry that i'm bothered you. I here again to publish the solution. Problem was in bootloader, like people on other forum says (it was damaged somehow, probably because kies update fails before).

1. Open Odin.exe (UnZip from Odin.zip)
    2. Go into Download mode
    3. Select OPS - AriesVE.ops (UnZip from AriesVE.zip)
    4. Select BOOT - Boot_loader.tar
    5. Flash it and bootloop into recovery never gona happen.

All the files is attached...
    I and some fellow developers (especially thanks manveru0, skywalker01, other users for testing, reporting and other help) are trying to port AOSS to our device, working with CyanogenMod 7 for now.
    You can check out this thread, repositories, and this post for changelogs, bug reports and so on.
    Github repositories:
    https://github.com/abbradar
    https://github.com/manveru0
    Feel free to check them out and fork!

Current status of porting:
    Working:
    • Screen (w. touch features, w. backlight)
    • Buttons
    • Radio (w. 2G/3G, Internet is working)
    • Bluetooth
    • WLAN
    • Rotate sensor
    • Handset button
    • USB
    • Battery sensors
    • Camera
    • GPU acceleration
    Not working:
    • GPS (does not lock)
    • Audio (both input and output, will be tough)
    • Camcorder (because of audio)
    • Storage-related (external SD not working, internal with no USB storage, vold misconfigured)
    • USB tethering/MTP (will require some programming)
    • Host access point (similar to USB tethering)
    • Light sensor
    • Buttons force feedback
    • Contacts on SIM card
    Not tested:
    • Other sensors (compass, magnetic)
    • HDMI (should not work, as logs say)
    • FM radio (should not work)
    Another bugs:
    • CyanogenMod settings doesn't work (fixed by
    • Random reboots sometimes
    • Sometimes - very long resume from sleep (30 seconds approximately)
    • Keyboard is very small
    • Dialer is laggy (because of audio)
    • USB connected notification is shown without USB cable attached
    • APN database is not working (enter settings manually)
    • Vibration strength is very weak
    Regressions: (worked before)
    • Nothing for now
    Visualized changelogs (with CM9), made and hosted by CastagnaIT in dedicated thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492165

Last testing build (will be updated after major improvements or after some time): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22394052&postcount=284
    skywalker01's testing builds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22969855&postcount=394

User tomsteel1 have made good-looking banner images for our work: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22506050&postcount=350
    Hello, guys.
    First of all, sorry for my 2.5-month absence, I was really short of time because of university and long illness, so I decided to freeze module development for a while. I understand that doing so without any posts there was rude, and ask for understanding.
    Next, it was a great surprise for me to see really working CM9 for our phone!!! I can only say GJ to arco68 - thank you guy, you really did this, even without a phone! I don't think my work is relevant anymore, so I'll stop with CM7 and will check out his work (maybe I'll be of some help). I've been able to found quick solution for working audio in 2.3.7, also, but I don't think it is relevant anymore ^_^.
    Once again, good job, arco68. I'll try to build CM9 with your configuration and test it, so I'm going to be just user and tester for now. ^_^
    Here's a new full test build of the rom. This contains fixed boot image, so it actually boots (unless I screwed something up this time :p). USB connect/disconnect should work correctly, wifi I *hope* works now. In addition I added support for automatic brightness and cleaned up some stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sgyv7betz6cj9mp

And lol at the tags. Who wrote that? :D
    I am a CM9 porter for Galaxy SL. I have come across issues with audio in Galaxy SL also, which I have overcome by coding an Audio wrapper. If you need any help with fixing audio on S+, count me in.