[Q] No USB detection on Samsung Infuse

Search This thread

Infyzzled

Mar 13, 2012
HI all,

So yes I have already tried to google, and look through other posts but cant find anything that is my particular situation, heres what happened, Infuse was running on ZEUS 6.1 perfectly, I decided to install ROM][2.3.6]SGH-I997 UCLB3[Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, Zipaligned, I followed all the instructions, installed ROM, disabled VooDoo lagfix and then the stock kernal, after that the phone just didnt come back to life, the result is currently on the SAMSUNG logo, I can go into recovery just download mode but my USB is not detected either, when I install the drivers it doesnt do anything, tried KIES and other drivers from SAMSUNG, also removed USB ports, restarted, and tried other pc's and laptops and same USB error, even tried on linux, no luck, can anyone please help, I love this phone and the ROM, I have no idea why I attempted to do this but need help.

Thanks all[/FONT]

marcandluv

Mar 12, 2012
This happened to me lately but I was on stock froyo. Seems like my usb cable was for charging only. When I bought one that said it was for charging and data, the Infuse was recognized instantly. I am a noob here, but hope this is all of your problem.

Infyzzled

Mar 13, 2012
Yep, thats what I'm starting to wonder, if its the cable, I am using the microUSB cable that came with the phone from SAMSUNG, never was an issue before, would connect and trasnfer data without a problem, also tried a few blackberry cables no luck, the crazy part is I cant even go to recovery mode, it only goes to download mode, wondering if I can copy some files to the SDcard to boot off with.

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
If you try everything and it does not work, contact me I know a guy you can send it to for it to be unbricked. When he unbricked mine, he noticed the usb controller somehow glitched and can never be fixed, resulting in a whole new device needed (he tried replacing the usb hub, did no good). Thats what happened to me, make sure to try everything first though.

Infyzzled

Mar 13, 2012
So after trying a dozen cables, nothing seems to work, I should have known this when the OS was still on ZEUS and I attempted to connect via USB which I received USB not recognized message, I have tried the same SAMSUNG cable for a blackberry and it installs perfectly, so its not the cable, my understanding the USB port on the Infuse is bad, is there a way to boot into recovery of an SDcard so that I can install ZEUS back? I only have "download" mode working, recovery for some reason does not come-up, I am really trying to avoid throwing this phone in the garbage, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
Clarification?
You can get into download mode but Odin doesn't see the phone? I don't think you have said anything about trying to do anything to the phone in download mode.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Infyzzled

Mar 13, 2012
That's exactly it, I can get into download mode just fine, once I connect to pc I get USB device unrecognized, although the drivers are installed, so the crazy thing is I have been on here since the days of Infused downloading and updating ROMS back and forth, never posted anything, even when I had an issue back when, I was able to go into recovery and do what I need to do to bring it back to life, almost felt like an expert given the amazing advice here, never had an issue till now, please help.

Last edited:

OnProzac

Nov 29, 2011
Chicago
I had accidentally set my Infuse in an "almost" empty cup, not realizing that there was still about an inch of lemonade at the bottom. This unfortunatley screwed my USB recognigtion to my computer. It can charge, but is no longer capable of transferring files via USB. There is, however, Kies Air. This has been such a lifesaver!!! You can transfer files to and from your phone, and I have transferred Zeus and Aeon to my SD card through Kies Air. I installed Aeon on my phone no problem and it is working flawlessly :D You only need to download the Kies Air app to your phone. No special drivers, apps, or software is needed for your computer. If anyone has any questions on how to do this, you can PM me or just post on here.

teknhard

Nov 4, 2011
Winnipeg
I had accidentally set my Infuse in an "almost" empty cup, not realizing that there was still about an inch of lemonade at the bottom. This unfortunatley screwed my USB recognigtion to my computer. It can charge, but is no longer capable of transferring files via USB. There is, however, Kies Air. This has been such a lifesaver!!! You can transfer files to and from your phone, and I have transferred Zeus and Aeon to my SD card through Kies Air. I installed Aeon on my phone no problem and it is working flawlessly :D You only need to download the Kies Air app to your phone. No special drivers, apps, or software is needed for your computer. If anyone has any questions on how to do this, you can PM me or just post on here.
Doesn't help much when he is only able to go to download mode, or sick at Samsung screen. I was having a similar issue. Odin was not recognizing my device but heimdall 1 click worked like a charm. Give that a shot, let me know how that works out for you.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
HI all,

So yes I have already tried to google, and look through other posts but cant find anything that is my particular situation, heres what happened, Infuse was running on ZEUS 6.1 perfectly, I decided to install ROM][2.3.6]SGH-I997 UCLB3[Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, Zipaligned, I followed all the instructions, installed ROM, disabled VooDoo lagfix and then the stock kernal, after that the phone just didnt come back to life, the result is currently on the SAMSUNG logo, I can go into recovery just download mode but my USB is not detected either, when I install the drivers it doesnt do anything, tried KIES and other drivers from SAMSUNG, also removed USB ports, restarted, and tried other pc's and laptops and same USB error, even tried on linux, no luck, can anyone please help, I love this phone and the ROM, I have no idea why I attempted to do this but need help.

Thanks all[/FONT]

Have you tried a different computer

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

e0mandaniel

Dec 8, 2010
im having exact same problem...
i got it connected to my friends laptop and i flashed infusion kernel 1.0 through odin.. it failed..

and now i can't even get to download mode.. it only shows pc!computer image/..

Whizzpopper

Apr 4, 2012
Iowa
I have had this problem a lot too. I believe that the problem is with the cable from Samsung. It's crap. Just by chance I noticed that my friend's Kindle cable had the same usb plug. I tried that and it hasn't disconnected once.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
im having exact same problem...
i got it connected to my friends laptop and i flashed infusion kernel 1.0 through odin.. it failed..and now i can't even get to download mode.. it only shows pc!computer image/..

That is stil a download mode...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1618045

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
yea but the pc stopped recognizing the phone.. odin doesnt either. i get messages like "usb device not recognized" when i try to connect it to pc

Maybe uninstall any and old drivers then reinstall them...windows can be a pain...if that is what your using....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2