Folder File structure for dual boot

Search This thread

fattmann

Mar 5, 2010
Looking for input on the best way to set up file folders to be utilized on both WebOS and Android partitions. I tend to go into probably Way too much detail, skip to the bottom for the tl:dr.

I first noticed that the TouchPad doesn't handle folders very well when I tried organizing many files for school. I had each class in a different folder hierarchy based on course. But when I go to access them, they show up as a huge long list of .pdfs instead of my nice organized fashion. Similar thing happened with my music. I shrugged my shoulders cause my file naming convention was good enough that I had no issues.

Then I installed CM7 Alpha 3.0 (recently flashed 3.5, same situation). Got the Android partition all setup the way I wanted, and further organized my folder structure to match. Rocked Android for a few weeks, and got nostalgic, so I booted back to WebOS. I immediately noticed that my TouchPad claimed I had no music, while not a lot, there's around 5gigs floating on it. Told myself I would look into it, spaced it off. That was until I noticed I couldn't access any recently downloaded and organized .pdfs that were done on the Android boot. What gives?

I've always found it frustrating that the native file selection system in WebOS doesn't give you file path options, but it is what it is. I know there is a file system browser on Preware, honestly I think it's cumbersome, but may have to rely on that I suppose. I have major OCD as far as how folders are organized, and really don't want to just dump everything on the root. But again, if I have to, I shall.

TL: DR Ultimately I'm trying to get info on how the WebOS partition sees files, and how the folder heirarchy works. I have files in some folders that are recognized, and some that are not. Is it naming convention, or just location? My file issues are primarily .pdfs and music files, but concerned with any productivity file extensions for the sake of school (primary use of device.)

16Gb TouchPad WebOS 3.0.4, F4 Phantom kernel, great number of patches, Dual boot CM7 3.50

mountaindewmi

May 17, 2010
Miami, FL
Did you (or anyone else) ever find any information on this issue? I find it frustrating having to go through Internalz Pro and go through each folder to do anything. My music will not show up through the stock player (which would be great on webOS because the android sound goes bad when the screen is off).

fattmann

Mar 5, 2010
I have not. Haven't played with my TouchPad much recently, mainly cause every ROM I flash wifi breaks.. lol.

If I ever do get a solid solution, I will try to post up.

darkassain

Oct 30, 2008
im betting this a indexer issue if want try to force it to index, look for "Media Indexer Refresh" in preware, that should find any stray media supported by webos

Reactions: mountaindewmi

mountaindewmi

May 17, 2010
Miami, FL
Yeah, it's definitely an indexer issue. A lot of people used to say to connect it via USB and then do a hard unmount (where it says "ouch...") and let the indexer run but that doesn't work.
Thank you for that suggestion though, it is exactly what I needed. I always thought there should be some command or some patch that would force it to re-index but never found it. I ran it one time and my pics and music show up. Awesome!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im betting this a indexer issue if want try to force it to index, look for "Media Indexer Refresh" in preware, that should find any stray media supported by webos