htc one recovery bootloop help needed!

Search This thread

jam2it30

Feb 21, 2010
I installed insert coin 4.4 and now I have a completely bootloop. No os installed. Recovery shows for one second then goes away back into bootloop. Any help is appreciated. I have reflashed multiple recoveries and as far as my knowledge takes me I know if I can't get into recovery much more knowledge is needed. Thank you so much xda for any help.

sunman277

Oct 16, 2012
I installed insert coin 4.4 and now I have a completely bootloop. No os installed. Recovery shows for one second then goes away back into bootloop. Any help is appreciated. I have reflashed multiple recoveries and as far as my knowledge takes me I know if I can't get into recovery much more knowledge is needed. Thank you so much xda for any help.

This happened to me when I tried to update ARHD rom from a 4.3 base to a 4.4 base. If you can still get your phone into boot loader, put it into fast boot and connect it to your computer. Then I went into terminal and flashed CWM. Then you clear the cache. After that, I was able to restore from one of my backups. I hope this helped

P.S.
If you try installing a 4.4 rom again make sure you are using the latest TWRP

Last edited:

jam2it30

Feb 21, 2010
This happened to me when I tried to update ARHD rom from a 4.3 base to a 4.4 base. If you can still get your phone into boot loader, put it int. fast boot and connect it to your computer. Then I went into terminal and flashed CWM. Then you clear the cache. After that, I was able to restore from one of my backups. I hope this helped

P.S.
If you try installing a 4.4 rom again make sure you are using the latest TWRP

Thank you. I know fastboot is set up by toolkit. Guess I'm going to have to install adb manually and try to figure out how to wipe cache. hopefully will get it fixed up.... Thanks.
I know I can get my phone into bootloader... So there's hope!
PS. I'ts really as simple as deleting cache through fastboot?!

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

jam2it30

Feb 21, 2010

thanks for the help, but I just realized I cannot get ADB to recognize my device. It only recognized my device through one of the toolkit's drivers I installed. The toolkit unfortunately does not have a option to fastboot wipe cache. I do not have my computer I originally rooted my htc one on. I think its time to call HTC warrenty; I have spent countless hours with multiple guides setting up ADB with windows 8 and toolkits that don't have the option fastboot wipe. I even tried minimal ADB all you have to do is install but nothing will recognize my phone. Thanks for attempted help

PS i have tried multiple computers with windows 8 I have never been able to set up ADB successfully on win8

Last edited: