[Q] Screen mirroring or DNLA or something else

Search This thread
E

Emiinn

Hi guys

Is it possible to browse a stream from my telephone played with MXplayer to a random tv. Could be samsung TV or thru DNLA?
I noticed when I'm in MXplayer I can't browse DNLA with devices around..

How can I play a stream via MXplayer on a recent tv without using HDMI?

I would be so thankful

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
You could connect to a samsung tv via "screen mirroring" (also called miracast, can be used with any miracast TV)

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

Reactions: madridfran
E

Emiinn

If I understand you correctly. I just have to buy a miracast and I can play it on every hdmi TV wireless? What about delays? Are there any delays?

You could connect to a samsung tv via "screen mirroring" (also called miracast, can be used with any miracast TV)

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Not a pro but:

Every hdmi tv with a dongle, yes.
Its like if u access your dvd player via hdmi, you can use your dvd remote then. The dongle will take your screen and put it onto the tv via hdmi, no matter what generation hdmi. And your tv has no need for wlan. It will have a 2-3 sec delay (bad for games) but will work perfectly for watching movies.
Ah yeah and it takes your screen so it doesnt give a sh1t what app you open.

Dlna: sharing media files in network

Miracast: stream your screen to a tv or any other miracast capable device

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

Reactions: Emiinn
E

Emiinn

Maybe in my case it's better to get a Mhl adapter.. To get no delays and play a full screen stream via MX player don't you think?

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Maybe in my case it's better to get a Mhl adapter.. To get no delays and play a full screen stream via MX player don't you think?

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

Mhl shdnt give u delay, but will be a nasty cable :(

I just tried screen mirroring once with an official samsung tv, was grrat watching american dad with mx player, but i coulnd play games due to the delay.

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

ryanrazer

Dec 12, 2011
Koper
www.droidviews.com
Mhl shdnt give u delay, but will be a nasty cable :(

I just tried screen mirroring once with an official samsung tv, was grrat watching american dad with mx player, but i coulnd play games due to the delay.

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

Any wireless option will have a slight delay. Those wifi adapters that are plugged to TV via HDMI cable... it's going to be a delay... Even with Samsung original. Same if you have WiFi TV in that case you don't need adapter but still, a delay.

Best option i think (at least for gaming where delay is not an option) is MHL cable... I'll buy one, it's 7$ or so... i think it is worth it.

E

Emiinn

I've read that those Mhl adapters are not compatible on every TV and needs a external power supply is that true?

Isn't it possible to plug and play

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
True.

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

E

Emiinn

Thx, guess I'll browse till I find the best Mhl adapter around to use since I connect it to multiple tvs.. Everywhere. This going to be a tough one..

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

ama3654

May 26, 2006
London
HTC U11
Thx, guess I'll browse till I find the best Mhl adapter around to use since I connect it to multiple tvs.. Everywhere. This going to be a tough one..

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

I recommend you only get this MHL adaptor for best picture at 1080p 60hz, i bought several third party ones which are nasty with delays and only output 1080p 30hz, and with the original you don't need to plug in power source, ypu can play hi-res 3d games fluidly and movies are superb quality.

http://store.samsung.com/uk/accessory/smartphones/adapter/p/ET-H10FAUWEGWW

E

Emiinn

I found this on a website: http://be.mobilefun.com/38702-samsung-galaxy-s4-galaxy-note-3-mhl-hdtv-adapter---et-h10fauwegww.htm
It's much cheaper than the link you send. Is it the same? If so, I'm going to buy it €30's is not that much for a thing like this. 1080P @ 60hz is nice

[QOUTE][/U]http://cdn3.xda-developers.com/images/editor/separator.gifUOTE=ama3654;49501667]I recommend you only get this MHL adaptor for best picture at 1080p 60hz, i bought several third party ones which are nasty with delays and only output 1080p 30hz, and with the original you don't need to plug in power source, ypu can play hi-res 3d games fluidly and movies are superb quality.

http://store.samsung.com/uk/accessory/smartphones/adapter/p/ET-H10FAUWEGWW[/QUOTE]

E

Emiinn

Can someone confirm this mhl adapter works on the note 3: ET-H10FAUWEGWW
1080p 60fps?

E

Emiinn

Would be great if anyone can confirm this since I have now the chance to cancel it

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

Ry2mkk

Sep 8, 2012
Urrrrrrgh. WIRES :cowboy:

Take it with you wanting to stick to a wired connection you are looking at playing games ?

If not Mira-cast is an awesome little party trick !

I use mine with my LG smart TV its brilliant !! There is maybe a slight delay for gaming but tbh thats why i bought a PS....however HD movies seem to work fine as it adjusts for the sync to work !

I also use mine as a jukebox at times pretty nifty.

Goodluck with either the cable or dongle you decide to go with, let us all know how you get on :good::laugh:

E

Emiinn

Thx, I'll let you guys know
My main usage is for streaming football matches from my Mxplayer.
And I bought a cable since HDMI is almost everywhere now to use (to use at friends or family). We'll see how it goes

Urrrrrrgh. WIRES :cowboy:

Take it with you wanting to stick to a wired connection you are looking at playing games ?

If not Mira-cast is an awesome little party trick !

I use mine with my LG smart TV its brilliant !! There is maybe a slight delay for gaming but tbh thats why i bought a PS....however HD movies seem to work fine as it adjusts for the sync to work !

I also use mine as a jukebox at times pretty nifty.

Goodluck with either the cable or dongle you decide to go with, let us all know how you get on :good::laugh:

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
    Not a pro but:

Every hdmi tv with a dongle, yes.
    Its like if u access your dvd player via hdmi, you can use your dvd remote then. The dongle will take your screen and put it onto the tv via hdmi, no matter what generation hdmi. And your tv has no need for wlan. It will have a 2-3 sec delay (bad for games) but will work perfectly for watching movies.
    Ah yeah and it takes your screen so it doesnt give a sh1t what app you open.

Dlna: sharing media files in network

Miracast: stream your screen to a tv or any other miracast capable device

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0