[APP] Modus Operandi v.0.5.2 for Android 2.x

Search This thread

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
hi xda!

My new android application, Modus Operandi, is online :D.

With Modus Operandi you can create Situation based on Condition and Action.

For example if you are at home, Modus Operandi can enable wifi for you automatically.
Or, if your battery charge is too lower you can reduce screen brightness.

Every 10 minutes and any time you open the main dashboard, Modus Operandi check all the enabled Situation and if any Condition inside will be verified, all actions will be executed.

It's free.
It's modular (core + plugins).

actually there are this plugin:

• Wifi Action Plugin
  • Battery Condition Plugin
  • Screen Brightness Action Plugin
  • Time Condition Plugin
  • Geolocalization Condition Plugin (Now with configurable GPS or Network, radius and actionbar search)
  • Airplane Mode Action Plugin
  • GPS - Thanks Andrea Baccega (admin @androidiani.com)
  • Bluetooth - Thanks Andrea Baccega (admin @androidiani.com)
  • Mobile Data Connection
  • Audio Manager
  • Days of Week Conditional Plugin (New!)

Another plugin are in developing.

As soon as possible, I'll release documentation for the community.

In attach you can find eclipse template for plugin developers.

Enjoy!

Italian How-to (ASAP an english version @xda, stay tuned ;))

img.php

Support Modus Operandi with AD Remover:

img.php

TODO List:

* Manual Profile Settings
* Special 'Security' Situations
* Notification for manual profile choice
* Plugins Online Directory
* Widget for switch manual profile/automatic situations
* More and more plugins ;)

ChangeLog:

v.0.5.2
* Fixed a notification bug

v.0.5.1
* Added notification when MO do a Situation check
* Added Changelog Dialog

v.0.5
* now you can configure how often Modus Operandi performe a Situation check

v.0.4.3.1
* added feature for AD Remover

v.0.4.3
* italian localization
* some optimizations ;)

v.0.4.2
* fixed FC when configure a Situation

v.0.4.1
* minor bug fixed.

v.0.4
* added feature that allow a conditional plugin to call Modus Operandi Core to check situations.
* enable Modus Operandi Service by default (only) the first time you start Modus Operandi.

v.0.3.1
* fixed FC on Situation conf in a very few case.

v.0.3
* fixed layout problem with plugin list
* updated admob library
* removed "To Do Activities" check.

v.0.2
* Fixed layout problem with ldpi device

v.0.1
* First Release

Some screenshot:

PQAAAO-wiDH7WSt-SWRv34F_SaEYQjys2ii9j4V-SWs2w4T_auOCuK1tz4wrK88OP5I9LoeSpMGE9zylq2w46wtRjAUAzfqVabrqmNcwUAR0u3ZvyKvydbCPtopO.png

PQAAAHOkNHd_Q5K8JTrnHCgUbl_teGhCcG9TOcafIxfVM7ExdxUHX2UgIcN4RHdSPwlsTpcJ1JTGbo6BDtlAc3f1B_wAzfqVaUsm93Y9DJGv93ouEM3wIwMtCaJP.png

PQAAACPJONPxbEOvt2kC6bsOgONYqxg1MXglNpJJSXS9K7jX9C6SxzfE0TGoH4JFREOr4NpJhF6p1Mp3Fz724O2V9bwAzfqVaeDUxWEQj_94yzL2_XkaWLnjUsDl.png

Some plugin screenshot:

PQAAAIn_IAeWin0SmXgtLmnwN1ggi0f4ojU49A6r2E4Yg4buopYJ3YUL_1dkEz9_Y9t_Lm4_Jz3uJnI-F88bjh_stLoAzfqVaXi33kDQ3Me2mIiPmEIGZ8bZ-GfD.png

PQAAAJtQH2Ifcb7_gklxb9_cwooupKiH64bgBfmMNIhhBlIN22Dg2zryxvBV7wc0pO9Y1DayacawZjLR3AaCn-rGzosAzfqVaQpDiFXsfgx6sjSoEBrBt142MBwd.png

Last edited:
I

ilendemli

Looks Nice, Sounds very good. must test it out.

€: Can you create another App, that changes the Proxysettings? I will need your help.

Last edited:

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
Updated to v.0.3

I've added plugin eclipse template for developers.
If you need some help for plugin developing, send me a private message.
Thanks for your support ;)!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
I like where this is going. Could give Tasker a run for its money if you can get some good developer support for plugins.

Only complaint: I like the simplicity of the UI, but it could use a little elegance in the design of the buttons, tabs, etc.

Aztriltus

May 5, 2010
Does this have cell tower thing to locate position? Cause in this case, it saves more battery. Or is the geolocation using the same amount of battery?

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
Geolocalization plugin only use network based position, not gps: this save battery life, but your positon is not puntual. Only in a radius of 1.5km.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Reactions: Aztriltus

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
Geolocalization plugin only use network based position, not gps: this save battery life, but your positon is not puntual. Only in a radius of 1.5km.

Perhaps you could include a GPS option, for those of us who aren't worried about battery life?

Aztriltus

May 5, 2010
Thanks for the tip! I don't mind the big radius if it saves battery. I'll be waiting for the mobile data and audio plugin before I could really start using this app. Btw what's your goal for creating this app? Just curious here. Hopefully you could implement switch to 2G network. It'll be a bonus!

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
what's your goal for creating this app? Just curious here. Hopefully you could implement switch to 2G network. It'll be a bonus!

Because I need it and I don't want do buy Locale for $9.90 or Tasker for $6.44.

So I've developed Modus Operandi and released it and template for developers that want to code plugins for it and absolutly for free.

JDMaker1

Dec 9, 2009
Yes, I can.
But if you use GPS, when MO check this condition... its important that GPS is always on ;).

I'll do that in a second step.

Thanks

You could have it so when you're in a certain area (based on cell towers) it turns the GPS on, and then it can track when you get to a more specific area for other actions.

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
With this app, can I do something like enable auto rotate when I open picture gallery or Google Maps or certain apps and disable auto rotate when they are closed?
It looks like there is no auto rotate setting now but will this be possible in the future?

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
With this app, can I do something like enable auto rotate when I open picture gallery or Google Maps or certain apps and disable auto rotate when they are closed?
It looks like there is no auto rotate setting now but will this be possible in the future?

for this setting, I need to do two plugin:

1) Condition: that return that is validate when start an app

and

2) Action: that enable/disable autorotate.

But more important... Modus Operandi must have a feature that now it's in develop: a conditional plugin (must) can call Modus Operandi when it's validate. Or Modus Operandi need to listen about app starting.

For do that a feature in MO core is needed and a plugin that do more work that now.

But, this is the way that MO need to be competitive.

So I will code this feature in the near future ;)!

Bnto

Nov 23, 2010
Monterrey
great app it could be great if control the sound for incoming calls, i had have an app that never worked, its app have a profiles that incoming at certain hour and end at other. but modus operandi could be best if include sound and vibrate controls

imagine if you set the church or movie thearer point for vibrating incoming calls and when you abandon that places the status changes to normal profile... its grate

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
great app it could be great if control the sound for incoming calls, i had have an app that never worked, its app have a profiles that incoming at certain hour and end at other. but modus operandi could be best if include sound and vibrate controls

imagine if you set the church or movie thearer point for vibrating incoming calls and when you abandon that places the status changes to normal profile... its grate

Now you can!

Modus Operandi Audio Action Plugin is out on the Android Market!

Enjoy!

EDIT: some screenshot

PQAAAHW7GgyOQl_R83esCyOAgPTS05ECuuC9bLASSDvpTJNN9EvZcWtdrGmt9I27hMWKPhe0IP3G9Sw6RmvDz4jWWZgAzfqVaV8-3o6iddnZSAvf2i1WdmDVZrqT.png

PQAAAB1c6OQME3O25OMpI8YOiDpe4FezVRHvDn16lzrLC0Gmt_bABfv_iIn6nkm_zy5IM8yK4ei_fzV49rfPS8wlh1cAzfqVacMZWnPwuo4dPJWL8EL9nlBEzv-B.png

Last edited:

eiddor

Sep 19, 2010
A GPS Action would be handy, too! I turn Wifi on and GPS off and vice versa depending on location.

azatoth

Dec 1, 2006
Misinto (MB)
At this time, location plugin work only on cell based service, no gps ;-).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi xda!

My new android application, Modus Operandi, is online :D.

With Modus Operandi you can create Situation based on Condition and Action.

For example if you are at home, Modus Operandi can enable wifi for you automatically.
    Or, if your battery charge is too lower you can reduce screen brightness.

Every 10 minutes and any time you open the main dashboard, Modus Operandi check all the enabled Situation and if any Condition inside will be verified, all actions will be executed.

It's free.
    It's modular (core + plugins).

actually there are this plugin:

• Wifi Action Plugin
    • Battery Condition Plugin
    • Screen Brightness Action Plugin
    • Time Condition Plugin
    • Geolocalization Condition Plugin (Now with configurable GPS or Network, radius and actionbar search)
    • Airplane Mode Action Plugin
    • GPS - Thanks Andrea Baccega (admin @androidiani.com)
    • Bluetooth - Thanks Andrea Baccega (admin @androidiani.com)
    • Mobile Data Connection
    • Audio Manager
    • Days of Week Conditional Plugin (New!)

Another plugin are in developing.

As soon as possible, I'll release documentation for the community.

In attach you can find eclipse template for plugin developers.

Enjoy!

Italian How-to (ASAP an english version @xda, stay tuned ;))

img.php

Support Modus Operandi with AD Remover:

img.php

TODO List:

* Manual Profile Settings
    * Special 'Security' Situations
    * Notification for manual profile choice
    * Plugins Online Directory
    * Widget for switch manual profile/automatic situations
    * More and more plugins ;)

ChangeLog:

v.0.5.2
    * Fixed a notification bug

v.0.5.1
    * Added notification when MO do a Situation check
    * Added Changelog Dialog

v.0.5
    * now you can configure how often Modus Operandi performe a Situation check

v.0.4.3.1
    * added feature for AD Remover

v.0.4.3
    * italian localization
    * some optimizations ;)

v.0.4.2
    * fixed FC when configure a Situation

v.0.4.1
    * minor bug fixed.

v.0.4
    * added feature that allow a conditional plugin to call Modus Operandi Core to check situations.
    * enable Modus Operandi Service by default (only) the first time you start Modus Operandi.

v.0.3.1
    * fixed FC on Situation conf in a very few case.

v.0.3
    * fixed layout problem with plugin list
    * updated admob library
    * removed "To Do Activities" check.

v.0.2
    * Fixed layout problem with ldpi device

v.0.1
    * First Release

Some screenshot:

PQAAAO-wiDH7WSt-SWRv34F_SaEYQjys2ii9j4V-SWs2w4T_auOCuK1tz4wrK88OP5I9LoeSpMGE9zylq2w46wtRjAUAzfqVabrqmNcwUAR0u3ZvyKvydbCPtopO.png

PQAAAHOkNHd_Q5K8JTrnHCgUbl_teGhCcG9TOcafIxfVM7ExdxUHX2UgIcN4RHdSPwlsTpcJ1JTGbo6BDtlAc3f1B_wAzfqVaUsm93Y9DJGv93ouEM3wIwMtCaJP.png

PQAAACPJONPxbEOvt2kC6bsOgONYqxg1MXglNpJJSXS9K7jX9C6SxzfE0TGoH4JFREOr4NpJhF6p1Mp3Fz724O2V9bwAzfqVaeDUxWEQj_94yzL2_XkaWLnjUsDl.png

Some plugin screenshot:

PQAAAIn_IAeWin0SmXgtLmnwN1ggi0f4ojU49A6r2E4Yg4buopYJ3YUL_1dkEz9_Y9t_Lm4_Jz3uJnI-F88bjh_stLoAzfqVaXi33kDQ3Me2mIiPmEIGZ8bZ-GfD.png

PQAAAJtQH2Ifcb7_gklxb9_cwooupKiH64bgBfmMNIhhBlIN22Dg2zryxvBV7wc0pO9Y1DayacawZjLR3AaCn-rGzosAzfqVaQpDiFXsfgx6sjSoEBrBt142MBwd.png
    what's your goal for creating this app? Just curious here. Hopefully you could implement switch to 2G network. It'll be a bonus!

Because I need it and I don't want do buy Locale for $9.90 or Tasker for $6.44.

So I've developed Modus Operandi and released it and template for developers that want to code plugins for it and absolutly for free.

So glad to see a nice app developed by someone from my country :)

Quick question: does the time plugin support different time sets according to the day of the week or is it day-independant?
    In case it doesn't, would you consider writing another plugin for it? :p

Thanks ;)!

Time plugin is day-indipendent, but calendar plugin is in my developing plan ;).
    Any plans regarding a "start app" / "kill app" plugin? :)

"Start app" is in plan, but "kill app" not.

the life cycle of android application is an android scheduler job.
    I can start an application but killer an app is not in my plan.
    Perhaps I think that "task killer app" is useless, so I will not implement this plugin.

But the community can ;)