I think I bricked my Omnia ):

Search This thread

heavywater

Apr 17, 2010
Hey guys,

When I bought my Omnia 2 with WM 6.1 on it, it worked great but when I went and installed the stupid PC studio software that came with the phone I tryed to update and now my phone has either a thing saying

"DOWNLOAD MODE!
Do not turn off.
It takes about 10 minuites."

or it will have a symbol of a phone connecting to a "!" next to a computer symbol.

I can no longer use this phone if anyone can help me it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
hahaha to funny bricked means it no longer turns on meaning you don't even get the download mode. its just like a useless brick. But anyways to the problem at hand, there is only one way to brick the omnia and that is if you flash the eboot which you have not done since it still works and turns on.

Unplug from USB cable and turn it of and/or take out the battery. Put the battery back in and plug it into your PC and try to update it with PC studio and see if it works it should not have an issue. Repeat the steps if it fails but this time start PC studio first and then plug in the omnia and see if that works.

If all else fails you need to get OCTANS and download the official firmware for your region or a custom firmware if you want. I'm assuming you have a I8000 which OCTANS is used to flash don't know if that is the case with other omnia 2 as well. Visit this site and look for OCTANS and all the firmware you need. Since you are flashing anyways i would recommend you flash JD3 ROMS so you have the latest. Either go official ROM or go Lite i myself am using tw2 lite ROM.

heavywater

Apr 17, 2010
I went to that site and nothing on there says anything about "OCTANS" so could you possibly give me a link of some sort to what I need.

I've tried running PC Studio on XP and Vista with no luck on getting the computer to even see the phone anymore so I've just about given up on the whole thing.

krazy_about_technology

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I went to that site and nothing on there says anything about "OCTANS" so could you possibly give me a link of some sort to what I need.

I've tried running PC Studio on XP and Vista with no luck on getting the computer to even see the phone anymore so I've just about given up on the whole thing.

Here is the Octans Downloader's latest version. Just run it (If you are using Windows Vista or 7, set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2), select the appropriate parts in various slots, click Detect Device and then turn off and plug your phone into usb cable. It will detect the phone, then just press Start and wait for the process to complete.

In addition to these steps, you might also need to update activesync drivers and install Samsung CDMA Modem drivers if you are using Windows 7 or Vista. For more details, see this thread :

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-pro-b7610-modaco-com/299070/tut-flashing-rom-using-octans/

I hope you get back your phone soon!

Good luck and Cheers! :)

Attachments

• OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.exe.zip
    332.9 KB · Views: 447

roisagi

Jun 14, 2006
same problem - cannot flash: the phone is stuck with an image of a mobile device, a pc, and a (!) sign in between.

unable to hard reset, unabe to flash - octan does not detect the phone...

any chance to save my phone?

nposix

Jun 1, 2006
Singapore
1. get the ROMs from modaco site.
2. Start Octans and follow the ROM update guide in modao.
3. Click detect in Octans.
4. Power off phone (remove battery and insert back in ur case).
5. connect phone to PC/laptop (do not use any usb hub).
6. u shd see the download button becomes ungrey. click it to flash.

roisagi

Jun 14, 2006
i read modaco.

the device is stuck: when i turn it on, the screen shows only one image:
an image of a mobiel device, a pc, and in between a (!) sign.

cannot hard reset device, cannot do anything.

am using vista, and followed all protocol from modaco (first time was able to flash - thats how the device got bricked).

octans (or the pc) does not detect the device when i connect it to the - that is the problem...

heavywater

Apr 17, 2010
OK I now have installed the CDMA drivers and i'm running OCTANS in XP SP2 mode what OS should I download to use with the phone and how big will it be?

Thanks so much for the help guys. :D

heavywater

Apr 17, 2010
And btw is there any versions that will keep the samsung virtual keypad and things like that (not the damn cube though)?

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
like i menchioned get a lite ROM I use tw2 ROM's Garys are good to. I like tw2 ROM because they are totally stipped ROMS except for samsung dialer and SMS and he gives cabs of all the apps so people can restore what they use. Garys is also very nice lite ROM with the basic apps that mainly everyone uses. Its your choice really what you want you can install the JD3 stock ROM as well, but why? when these lite ROM's giuve you more RAM.

As for drivers you may need to search on the site i don't have the links because there are new updated drivers for windows 7 which should work on vista too. When using octans make sure to hit detect and then plug in the phone (phone must be off) then click start. You only need to flash the PDA unless other parts messed up during the update, you won't know till you flash.

Driver installation:
1.) Turn off Phone
2.) Plug into PC
3.) Let it install the default drivers
4.) Go into device manager
5.) Go under the phone menu
6.) Update drivers and follow the steps and when asked which location point to the driver you just downloaded.

Last edited:

The-Rock

Jan 1, 2009
flash i8000

PROBLEM-HEPL pls..

cannot flash: the phone is stuck with an image of a mobile device, a pc, and a (!) sign in between!

unable to hard reset, unabe to flash - octan does detect the phone, but flash phone image and error (the end)

octan write: [Setup:0] PDA Device removed.
[Setup] Windows XP
[Setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)
OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&ed04620&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}
[Down] CSC Image.
[Down] MoviNAND Image.
[Down] Phone Image.
[CSC:0] Download start 0x0

[CSC:0] ----------------- Information of Multi CSC Image ------------------
[CSC:0] Verision:[I8000ATOIJ8]
[CSC:0] SalesCode:[ATO]
[CSC:0] Priority:[0x1]
[PDA:0] LANG_ID:[7][0405]
[Phone:0] Download to 0x0
[Phone:0] StartOffset: 0
[Phone:0] EndOffset: 16777216
[MOVINAND:0] Download start 0x0 and all!! :-(

I have win 7 32bit..driver install from modaco..octans (setting XP service pack3), restart..but cannot flash..HELP please? Soory, my bad english...