[OTA][May 17][TMO] 1.57.531.7

Search This thread

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Here is the OTA for the T-Mobile M8.feel free to rehost if needed. Pulled straight from a live phone.

Flash through stock recovery on an unrooted LOCKED phone. I say locked because some OTAs fail when they cannot access the few apps that were located in the /Data partition that gets wiped after an unlock.

I am not responsible for anything that could (but probably won't) happen to your phone after flashing this

https://mega.co.nz/#!nRlGSZzD!txRPJjAmB8B_B0B43FjaRbopfYprzZntjOuDxMO9CGA

Unedited unaltered non-rooted goodness... Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: gamingforfact

blesstheattack

Jan 28, 2011
Alabama
From what I've gathered just battery enhancements,WiFi enhancements, and extreme battery saver mode.

Sent from my InFamous HTC One_M8

BlueCrystal

Mar 24, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I just attempted to flash the rom on a rooted, busyboxed, S-OFF'd phone, and I can guarantee it doesn't install. Guess i'll be reverting and then installing.

:effort:

jcaicedo82

Oct 25, 2010
Download stock recovery img ad flash it using the htc m8 toolkit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah...I flash HTC stock recovery. Then it update everything fine, but you need to reflash custom recovery and re rooted again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Optimal Carnage

Nov 5, 2010
Cleveland, OH

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I was able to flash the stock recovery with no problems but halfway through installing the ota it fails and I get the red exclamation error and I have to force reboot. I'm s-off, unlocked bootloader and rooted...any idea what I'm doing wrong by chance?

You've got something altered. Apps missing out of system or something

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Optimal Carnage

Nov 5, 2010
Cleveland, OH

That's what I would have said any other time but so far I haven't removed anything or had a need to debloat. Phone is still 100% stock with the exception of unlocked, rooted, and s-ff. I even installed the apps that are removed when unlocking. Its strange to me for sure...I guess I will have to wait for a rooted, flashable update to be posted :/

Jhoopes517

Oct 10, 2010
Mobile, AL
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6

I keep getting the same issue as the guy above. I flashed the RUU from Behold_This this morning and then when I went in to recovery it wouldn't let me do anything so I flashed Philz CWM and then tried flashing to have it fail.

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Relock

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I keep getting the same issue as the guy above. I flashed the RUU from Behold_This this morning and then when I went in to recovery it wouldn't let me do anything so I flashed Philz CWM and then tried flashing to have it fail.

It's not an ruu. You can't have a custom recovery. You must be 100% stock

Jhoopes517

Oct 10, 2010
Mobile, AL
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6
I just patched all of the original files on my dev box, would you like me to post an updated stock (odexed) image that you can flash from recovery?

That would be excellent, Fenny. Thank you.

I think a lot of us would like that. I want to go back to the stock feel of things, I only rooted cause of battery issues but they've seemed to have solved themselves and I am much happier with the performance of the device

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fenny

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2007
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Google Pixel 6 Pro
That would be excellent, Fenny. Thank you.

I think a lot of us would like that. I want to go back to the stock feel of things, I only rooted cause of battery issues but they've seemed to have solved themselves and I am much happier with the performance of the device

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The image I have is currently pre-rooted. Do you want me to remove the root files, or just post it as-is?

Reactions: verysick

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I just patched all of the original files on my dev box, would you like me to post an updated stock (odexed) image that you can flash from recovery?

Are you speaking about the stock Rom before the ota or a stock Rom with the 1.57 ota? Or a stock odexed do that we can accept the ota. If it is to accept the ota it would be best for it Not to be rooted. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, the kernel should be, but there are certain partitions that the device normally refuses to update from recovery.

I suppose you can DD some partitions or attempts to utilize the write_raw_image function, so in that respect you COULD put them in your rom zip for s-off users, but some partitions are inaccessible for s-on. for example the touch panel drivers cannot be flashed by recovery and some others.

Generally speaking it's not recommended to package firmware with your roms, but I'm certainly not going to tell you what to do with your own releases I can simply tell you there's a reason why the accessible partitions are not included by every developer in the HTC community.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Seems to me the easiest way would be to include the boot .img in the custom firmware so that can be upgraded along with radio etc and then the Rom you are creating can be flashed through custom recovery and we will have the entire package minus stock recovery from the its. Thanks. This is awesome.

I won't do that and here's why, if you are running a rom like ViperOne, for example, and want to update your firmware but you update the boot.img as well, Viper will no longer boot. Then you will come to my thread and tell me how I broke your phone.
    I have decided that current recoveries are too buggy. I'm not going to release recovery compatible FIRMWARE packages. But just fyi the process is this: maybe_install_firmware_update writes the zip file directly to the cache partition, then writes the firmware update command directly to BLM (Boot Loader Messages), then reboots the device. The device picks up this firmware update command in the bootloader, and performs a normal fastboot style install of the firmware. My concern is that TWRP is acting oddly, and the zip could get chunked while writing it to the cache partition. (And I do mean that it writes the image directly to the partition.)

Good info there. Also, not sure if you saw my post above, but to reiterate, firmware.zip can be flashed without a PC via the bootloader (provided its named correctly) as long as you have an SDCard.
    Ok. So we need the kernel separate from the boot.img? I think. Lol. Is the tmz in the firmware for the touch panel / touch sensitivity? I remember upgrading firmware before and then all the sudden twrp wouldn't recognize touch so we had to downgrade.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Ok so is it not possible to downgrade firmware? If that's the case I don't know what to say.

TZ stands for trusted zone. The touch panel firmware was not updated and so was not included in the OTA zip.

If you're s off, AND SOFF ONLY, you CAN downgrade firmware. You really seem to not understand this very much and I highly recommend you do some reading. You could easily damaged your very expensive device not understanding and I'm not a teacher. Firmware is not software and is not to be treated as such. There is not a rom out there that will truly hard brick your device but you better believe firmware can. Make sure you are an educated and responsible user.
    I'm no dev whatsoever. But aren't the kernel possible to flash while flashing a Rom through custom recovery?

Yes of course...you always flash the boot image that matches your rom, that's Android 101. If you reread my post you'll see that I said some partitions are locked down, not all.
    I noticed that the original OTA hooks into a function that does the same thing as fastboot. I believe that I can get it to work from a custom recovery as well, but again, we'll see. :D

[emoji106]. I hope you can get it done, I do, but it would be a first on a sense based rom. That doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means it hasn't been yet. That being said, in my years of experience some partitions are locked down and you will not be able to write to them through recovery. AOSP is different and CM, as they often use temporary firmware.