can't flash kernel with odin

Search This thread

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
hi, i've got CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9) on my galaxy 3, i initially used odin, then found i had the 0kb free space issue, but then used CWM to flash from a zip file and it's now working fine.
i'd like to put the MTD version on it, and i'm trying to follow the instructions here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2309390, but i can't get odin to flash the 1Ghz overclock mtd kernel.
the version of odin that i initially flashed the rom with has no problem establishing a connection with my phone, but says the .tar file is an invalid image when i try to load it in the PDA section.
i've tried a couple of other versions of odin, and they all accept it as a valid image, but none of them get past the point where it says setup connection.

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
alternatively, a link to a version of the same kernel that i can use CWM recovery to flash would be ideal, i've got to grips with CWM and find it easy to work with, but i'm struggling somewhat with odin.

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
i've realised my problem all along was that my copy of the mtd update was corrupt. i have re-downloaded it and all is going smoothly so far.

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
Finally ! Have fun with the ROM.
thanks, i'm very happy with it now that the battery isn't draining really quickly like it was with the non-mtd version. i'd been going about it the right way all along, lol, it just never occurred to me that i had a corrupt file. was only when i double clicked on it to look at the contents of the zip that i realised it was corrupt. i was beginning to worry that the world of android modding was hopelessly impenetrable.