[CUSTOM] Modded-CyanogenMod ROM discussion thread

Search This thread

agent205

Sep 22, 2011
House
I made this thread to make it clear and separate between the 'official' CM and 'custom' CM ROMs to avoid confusion as the build-bot has already 'alive' from it's deep sleep :D

the 'official' CM discussion thread goes here

I'll put the Kangs here so everyone will know where to find it (if you couldn't find the Dev/Cook :D )

The Custom CM ROMs :
- Dharmabm's Kang (no update since 8/12/2011 for now )
- Redy's Kang and Changelogs
- LiGux (Coopoui)-LG P970-V3.2-Beta4 (chinese rom) Direct Download *lang:english available
- Cyclon's Kang
- Temasek's Kang [download]
- psycho36 cm7 kang - [dowload]
- boype's modded CM 7
i'll find another Kangs which build by the Members here later :D

*Temasek latest kang won't compatible with nova kernel, and will end up in a bootloop if you combine 'em

[note] - reinbeau's approved this :D

Last edited:

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Mine is not modded but KANG of CM7. So basically I'm a KANGer as I just compiles from CM Source and doesn't fix things nor codes.

A KANG usually contains the latest commit merges & highly possibly cherry pickings. A cherry pick in simple terms is "review-in-progress" commits.
KANGer [kahng-ger] noun : A person with enough skill to compile CyanogenMod from source, but generally does not have coding experience to provide fixes or support.

A person who mods, probably u can call them coders or dev. That is more like redy2006 as he attempts to fix stuffs inside CM ROM. A person in this category deserves higher respect.

Cheers :D

Last edited:

agent205

Sep 22, 2011
House
Mine is not modded but KANG of CM7. So basically I'm a KANGer as I just compiles from CM Source and doesn't fix things nor codes.

A KANG usually contains the latest commit merges & highly possibly cherry pickings. A cherry pick in simple terms is "review-in-progress" commits.

A person who mods, probably u can call them coders or dev. That is more like redy2006 as he attempts to fix stuffs inside CM ROM. A person in this category deserves higher respect.

Cheers :D

the cherry-pick could be called 'simple mod' as it doesn't exist in the original CM build ;)

but as i said, i made this thread to avoid a confusion
i feel a bit confused when reading the CM discussion :D

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
the cherry-pick could be called 'simple mod' as it doesn't exist in the original CM build ;)

but as i said, i made this thread to avoid a confusion
i feel a bit confused when reading the CM discussion :D

I don't agree.

A commit goes thru the process of review then approval. When a commit gets approved then it will merged into the CM ROM. Thus picking cherries is like testing out yet-to-approved items. These items/commits are NOT coded by me or what u considered modded. Hence the term still stands....

KANG ROMs are NOT modded CM ROMs. It is CM + baked with some additional goodies which may or may not be included into CM.

Oh btw... I'm purely on a discussion mode....not argumentative mode :p

Cheers :)

antonio1475

May 29, 2010

I love your discussion guys (I really do) but I completely agree with the purpose of this thread and I believe it would be much better if you guys Temasek, redy2006 and all the guys that are posting their Kangs and mods and whatever, you post them here or even new threads, because the Cyanogenmod Discussion Thread is hard to follow already.

Maybe you guys should be contacted by PM just to tell you so you all can move to this/new thread, if you agree (which I think is the best, maybe other doesn't).

:)

agent205

Sep 22, 2011
House
I don't agree.

A commit goes thru the process of review then approval. When a commit gets approved then it will merged into the CM ROM. Thus picking cherries is like testing out yet-to-approved items. These items/commits are NOT coded by me or what u considered modded. Hence the term still stands....

KANG ROMs are NOT modded CM ROMs. It is CM + baked with some additional goodies which may or may not be included into CM.

Oh btw... I'm purely on a discussion mode....not argumentative mode :p

owh,i don't know for sure about cherry-pick but all i know is that, there's an additional tweak from someone else and another one use it in his/her build
thanks for the info btw :D

but still,i think it's better if the discussion divided into two, so you can focus on your build (you,redy or someone else who had build our ROM :D ,thanks again)

I love your discussion guys (I really do) but I completely agree with the purpose of this thread and I believe it would be much better if you guys Temasek, redy2006 and all the guys that are posting their Kangs and mods and whatever, you post them here or even new threads, because the Cyanogenmod Discussion Thread is hard to follow already.

Maybe you guys should be contacted by PM just to tell you so you all can move to this/new thread, if you agree (which I think is the best, maybe other doesn't).

:)

yes,that's what i think since the build-bot's running again :D

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Sure I do agree if u guys wish to have it separate.

The following info for KANGers, including redy2006. I am all for sharing info :D

I think I've successfully ported CM's fix for Github Sync issues meant for ICS over to GB.

Just a simple copy over of the manifests.xml changes by CM to local_manifest.xml. Its even better than my own earlier workarounds.

1. Add the following into your local_manifest.xml in ~/android/system/.repo
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<remote  name="github-https"
           fetch="https://github.com/"
           review="review.cyanogenmod.com" />

<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt" />

<project path="prebuilt" name="CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt"     remote="github-https" />

</manifest>

2. Your repo sync will sync correctly using git and when it syncing the above, it will change to https instead of git.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huexxx

Huexxx

Jul 21, 2009
Madrid
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Yeah, good solution!!!

I'm going to use local_manifest.xml too in order to remove de unneeded devices to my sync to reduce syncing time... I'll post it here too...

Regards!

redy2006

May 20, 2008
Indonesia
asound.conf

I think I've found out the "low sound" at recording, but can't confirm it myself for sure.. So I want other person could test and confirm it also..

Change it through Root Explorer, /system/etc/asound.conf, or make those files and copy it via adb push (but don't forget to set permission 0644).

-- original code --

Code:
pcm.AndroidIn {
	type hooks
	slave.pcm default
	hooks.0 {
		type ctl_elems
		hook_args [
			{
				name 'Analog Left Capture Route Main mic'
				value 'on'
				lock false
				preserve true
				optional false
			}
			{
				name 'Analog Right Capture Route Sub mic'
				value 'on'
				lock false
				preserve true
				optional false
			}
                        {
				name 'Analog Left Capture Route Headset mic'
				value 'off'
				lock false
				preserve true
				optional false
			}
		]
	}
}

change it to

Code:
pcm.AndroidIn {
	type hooks
	slave.pcm default
	hooks.0 {
		type ctl_elems
		hook_args [
			{
				name '[B]Analog Left Main Mic Capture Switch[/B]'
				value 'on'
				lock false
				preserve true
				optional false
			}
			{
				name '[B]Analog Right Sub Mic Capture Switch[/B]'
				value 'on'
				lock false
				preserve true
				optional false
			}
                        {
				name '[B]Analog Left Headset Mic Capture Switch[/B]'
				value 'off'
				lock false
				preserve true
				optional false
			}
		]
	}
}

Also applied to the pcm.AndroidIn_Headset below it, but pay attention to the value "on"/"off", not the same.
Don't forget to reboot.

Please, correct me if I am wrong :)

---

PS: IF it doesn't work, perhaps I've already had changes in alsa_omap3.cpp for INPUT devices... But as far I remember, it should still at default source code. I'll keep in touch for my progress with this audio stuff, Sorry :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dxdiag32 and axpira

redy2006

May 20, 2008
Indonesia
Sorry but once changes are done, I've rebooted and tried but same bad result...

I'm on your last KANG.

Keep it up man!!!

Thanks for trying.. I guess it's related with input and ALSAMixer. The most confusing parts is about FM Radio. The recording working loudly, but FM audio failed. Actually you can also trying to change itself, by terminal or adb shell. ALSAMixer controls the mixing and switch between input & output.

First try alsa_amixer --help to get the parameter, then you can look out mixer or setting mixer. Our devices still use/read the config asound.conf, so it's related.

Last edited:

redy2006

May 20, 2008
Indonesia
My progress:

If media sound level (speaker) correct, headset had broken level (including FM Radio). But the other way, if FM Radio headset/speaker are correct, media volume (speaker/headset) had broken level.. :confused::(:confused:

lesp4ul

You guys can always make your own thread in dev section to make it dedicated. So users can follow and read the changelogs and anything from OP instead of navigate through pages. Also you now are freely to make extreme mod, not just kang if you want to.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
You guys can always make your own thread in dev section to make it dedicated. So users can follow and read the changelogs and anything from OP instead of navigate through pages. Also you now are freely to make extreme mod, not just kang if you want to.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

I've already a thread for CM7 KANG in p990 and I'm KANGing for 3 devices. I'm lazy so I just stay with 1 thread. For OB & N1 device, I just make a small post on updates and move on. :p

temasek's KANG updated P20-13

OB users can bookmark this url and keep themselves updated.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1421425

Top Liked Posts