[ROM] CyanogenMod 9.1.0d (Android 4.0.4) [20130107]

Search This thread

Lucasm93

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks, working here with no problems so far.
I noticed when seeing running apps that configurations was using 40mb of RAM.
And, can anyone confirm that there is no option in the People app to only show your contacts that have a phone number?

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
Reactions: naeem123

cool bean

Jun 26, 2006
Thanks Mrvek

Is everything working in this rom? Aside from some reported SMS loss, seen on all ICS rom anyways?

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
Thanks Mrvek

Is everything working in this rom? Aside from some reported SMS loss, seen on all ICS rom anyways?

Pretty much, yes. I have not tested every single feature but calls, messaging, wifi, 3g, stock browser, dolphin (mini), opera (mini), rootexplorer, tcmd, terminal, togle2g... are working quite well.

Btw., if you haven't flashed it yet then you might want to wait a bit more. kabaldan has updated his sources, a lot of changes, one beeing update to 4.0.4_r1.2 IMM76I (was 4.0.4_r1.1, IMM76D). Thus, i'm about to try it if I built it correctly and make sure if it'll boot.

Will upload if all is OK. If not will report as well.

GieltjE

Jul 2, 2008
My phone is developing some 2g/3g/hsdpa problems, 2g is gone 50% of the day and 3g/hsdpa drops every few minutes. Not sure wether it is software or hardware related yet, are there any known issues with these builds?

- Edit - No toggle2g and it fails in the middle of downloads, chats etc.

Last edited:

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
Sometimes I can't get or re-establish (when screen turns on after inactivity) data. I'm trying to see if toggle2g has something to with it. If you enabled t2g you can try to disable it and if it'll help. I still can't say for sure if that helps here.

But it does not fail on me in the middle of browsing/downloading.

Last edited:

naeem123

Nov 23, 2010
Thankyou

Not to be pushy or anything but would there be a time frame for the next update?

Your work is amazing, keep it up

Lucasm93

Feb 28, 2011
Yeah I had the data problems, the H symbol would show up but the phone couldn't send or recive data.
I had this problem with Wifi also. The only way to make it work in both cases was to disable and enable the connection again. Seems the same problem we had in the first releases, but back then we had to enter airplane mode.
Camera worked better than CM7 stock IMO.
Last night I was able to listen to music while using Facebook, Twitter and Path shortly after each other. Only had some freezing when I tried to see the amount of RAM that was free.
CM7 is better, but this is an impressive work kabaldan. I'm sorry that it hasn't been highlited by XDA yet.
I belive that the battery drains faster than CM7. Also, yesterday there were some huge drops, like 20/30% drops in a few seconds. Could be my stock battery though.
When I connected to the charger, it also jumped some steps and went from 9% to 30% in a couple of seconds.

Thank you kabaldan, and thanks to Mrvek too for uploading the latest builds.

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
Not to be pushy or anything but would there be a time frame for the next update?

Your work is amazing, keep it up

It would have been uploaded but my ISP is testing my patience again. If all goes well it should be up not sooner than 3:00am (cet, gmt +2) when I get home. That's the best I can do.

Please do not forget that I am merely uploading kabaldan's work. He has done all of the important work.

Last edited:

adistf

Jun 9, 2011
Craiova
www.facebook.com
It would have been uploaded but my ISP is testing my patience again. If all goes well it should be up not sooner than 3:00am (cet, gmt +2) when I get home. That's the best I can do.

Please do not forget that I am merely uploading kabaldan's work. He has done all of the important work.

i'm waiting :X thanks for sharing,and of course kabaldan for developing

keunhuvac

Nov 2, 2010
Just flashed latest Mvrek'build and i can't received any call, the other handset showed number busy message, but there was no problem with making call.

Swype from my LT26i

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
New build - unofficial (06.05.2012.)

New unoffical.

Some changes:
Code:
Update Google sources to 4.0.4_r1.2 (IMM76I)
Ad-hoc network support
Allow customization of SoftAp
Camera: filter supported focus mode
Camera: hungarian translations
Make flash indicator visible
Camera: Timer Snapshot
DSPManager: Update Ukrainian translation
Mms: Fix delete template warning message
Mms (emoji support): Fix for Unicode 6.1 emojis: Preference toggle fix and better dialog for insertion, Fix the 'Emoji support' setting toggle which used to disable only Emoji encoding, but not decoding
Settings: Fix font size mismatch in RingerVolumePreference
Settings: Use Holo theme for ActivityPicker Dialog
Settings: Updated Ukrainian translation
Settings: updated pt-PT (eu Portuguese) translation. Fixed blanks and minor language fix
Settings: improve Spanish translation
Settings: Fix font size in Profiles dialogs to match design
Settings: RadioInfo: Update the network type listing
Settings:Japanese : update translation, add new translated string entries
Settings: Slide lock delay settings
Remove useless accents from Hungarian keyboard & switch back to qwerty
Add Russian to the supported spellchecker languages
Various fixes...

Tested and working (basic stuff (phone, msg, net...) at least)

Caches wipe shall suffice (at least it did for me)

MD5: 705aa6d18a0883f5cb5c30823e638ce1
File size: 116,496,294 bytes
Download

Attachments

• update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-umts_sholes-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip.md5sum.zip
    323 bytes · Views: 86

adome5

Oct 22, 2011
thank you a lot,the next version of kabdlan offical will be based on 4.04?
and i get a missed call and missed sms-i dont have see them anytime so i dont know to when send log and to where that kabdlan can fix it,what need to do?
and i dont understand about the MD5: 705aa6d18a0883f5cb5c30823e638ce1 zip file,what i need to do?

Last edited:

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
4.04 build

New unoffical.

Some changes:
Code:
Update Google sources to 4.0.4_r1.2 (IMM76I)
Ad-hoc network support
Allow customization of SoftAp
Camera: filter supported focus mode
Camera: hungarian translations
Make flash indicator visible
Camera: Timer Snapshot
DSPManager: Update Ukrainian translation
Mms: Fix delete template warning message
Mms (emoji support): Fix for Unicode 6.1 emojis: Preference toggle fix and better dialog for insertion, Fix the 'Emoji support' setting toggle which used to disable only Emoji encoding, but not decoding
Settings: Fix font size mismatch in RingerVolumePreference
Settings: Use Holo theme for ActivityPicker Dialog
Settings: Updated Ukrainian translation
Settings: updated pt-PT (eu Portuguese) translation. Fixed blanks and minor language fix
Settings: improve Spanish translation
Settings: RadioInfo: Update the network type listing
Settings:Japanese : update translation, add new translated string entries
Settings: Slide lock delay settings
Remove useless accents from Hungarian keyboard & switch back to qwerty
Add Russian to the supported spellchecker languages
Various fixes...

Tested and working (basic stuff (phone, msg, net...) at least)

Caches wipe shall suffice (at least it did for me)

MD5: 705aa6d18a0883f5cb5c30823e638ce1
File size: 116,496,294 bytes
Download
Thanks a lot dear mrvek and ofcourse dear kabaldan for your great works.I have already downloaded your this latest updated ROM.But couldnot install it in my Milestone since it's digitizer became faulty.Once it got replaced I am going to install it.BTW is this based on kabaldan's latest 4.0.4_r.1.2 IMM761 as you said in your post dated 6th May2012(4.16PM)?
pnsdhrn

Last edited:

osahitzelgsngar

Aug 7, 2010
Thanks a lot dear mrvek and ofcourse dear kabaldan for your great works.I have already downloaded your this latest updated ROM.But couldnot install it in my Milestone since it's digitizer became faulty.Once it got replaced I am going to install it.BTW is this based on kabaldan's latest 4.0.4_r.1.2 IMM761 as you said in your post dated 6th May2012(4.16PM)?
pnsdhrn

as mentioned in changelog^^

new build working fine! btw is there already an option to change keyboard layout? i cant find

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it simply means that we (and other locked devices as well ;) ) finally have a proper graphics driver needed by ics.

So we have fully working hwui for any app, Chrome works (though it's too RAM hungry for Milestone to be anyones favorite browser, I guess).

For Milestone it also means one important thing: one nasty bug of the old driver is gone. It plagued Gingerbread as well as ICS - it happened on orientation change.
    Under ICS it caused parts of the screen to become black when rotating the phone while running recent Opera Mini (due to hw reset of sgx unit during the change).
    Under Gingerbread, it caused crashes in sgx libs on rotation, for which I used workarounds directly in app source (Gallery3D) or in the framework (GoogleMaps).
    So I'll try to use the new drivers also in CM7 in the future.

It also means that I upload a new build soon, because I postponed any releases until I'll be able to get the new drivers to work despite the locked kernel.
    I'm really happy that I succeeded :D .
    Main credits:
    Obviously, it's the CyanogenMod team and all CM contributors in the first place.
    Besides that and my own humble work, CM for Milestone would not be where it is now without the essential works of Skrilax_CZ (2nd-init, OpenRecovery, custom kernel, 2ndboot fixes and more), Czechop (hack to the kernel usb initialization code that allows to keep BP working after 2ndboot to custom kernel), f_pasha (gkisystem semaphore patch), Tiago Sousa (author of the original overclock kernel module) and contributions from others that I forgot to list here ;) .
    Also worth mentioning is a lot of notable work done by the Defy developers: Epsylon, Quarx and Maniac103
    The original 2ndboot code is by Dmitriy Taychenachev and Eugen Maksimov.

Please note that Milestone is not officially supported by CyanogenMod.

Source: https://github.com/nadlabak
    Home page: http://android.doshaska.net/cm9
    Build from source: http://android.doshaska.net/cm9build

Download:
    CM9.1.0d: http://d-h.st/7eH
    gapps 20121225: http://d-h.st/xd0
    OpenRecovery 2ndbootOR: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone/downloads/detail?name=OpenRecovery_2ndbootOR_v1_1.zip

Because of limited space in system, gapps are installed to /data/vendor. But if ext partition is present on sdcard, they are moved to /sd-ext.
    Therefore ext partition is highly recommended for CM9, otherwise the space for apps in /data will be too limited.
    You can find instructions on how to resize fat and create ext3 partition directly in OpenRecovery in this very fine guide by pontomedon:
    Full guide from stock Motorola Android to CyanogenMod 7 for Milestone

CM9 for Milestone is using 2ndboot to run custom kernel despite the bootloader kernel lock.

Android 4.x requires at least 340MB RAM available to kernel and userspace
    As we have only 225MB, don't expect any miracles - the hardware constrains count.

HW acceleration increases application's RAM demands. You can use the included HWA Settings app to disable it per app.

Known issues:
    You tell me ;) .

9.1.0d (4.0.4) 07.01.2013
    - fix: keep keyboard backlight off while keyboard is hidden
    - fix crash on launch of certain apps (e.g. Aldiko) - use workaround for occasional mysteriously zeroed bitmap scale parameter
    - Apollo music player fixes - jellybean backports; reworked image fetching and caching (by iwo)

9.1.0c (4.0.4) 30.12.2012
    - call recording: fix recording for calls with asterisk in the phone number
    - fix the per app HW acceleration disable code to work according to application package name as specified by HWA Settings app (the original implementation [which pre-dated HWA app usage] used process name, not package name)
    - re-implement the 'Disable Dock Observer' option - for users of phone cases with magnetic closures (to prevent the screen turning on in reaction to a magnet appearing near the phone)

9.1.0b (4.0.4) 26.12.2012
    - fix VoiceSearch, VoiceTyping and Talk (voice) - please use the updated gapps package http://d-h.st/xd0
    - fix adb toggle
    - fix possible crash when recording videos and re-enable limited preview frame rate for better Camera app responsiveness
    - fix backup of system files (mostly gapps) during ROM updates
    - add built-in call recording option; no beeps every 10s during call recording any more
    - updated CMFileManager
    - wifi: disable 802.11n support by default (HT_Enable in tiwlan.ini) to prevent stale data connections when using certain N routers
    - kernel: reverted doubling of the DAC fifo size to 16384 (to prevent audio drop-outs) as it caused broken audio playback in certain games

in case you're wondering why the new build is not uploaded to github as before, see https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads

9.1.0a (4.0.4) 11.12.2012
    - fix relaunch of some activities on keyboard slide out/in (e.g. YouTube playback, Root Explorer...)
    - CMFileManager included (backport from JB)
    - fix unwanted lcd-backlight activation by camera button while the screen is off (was related to the light sensor workaround that allows to use camera button to provoke sending of light sensor data without waiting for ALS interrupt)
    - better handling of Basband Processor panic (by maniac103) - instead of immediate reboot like in stock firmware, user is notified and can choose to postpone the reboot (e.g. when he's got some work to finish first). Note about the reason of reboot is displayed after restart.
    - workarounds for some motorola RIL issues that cause occasional data connectivity problems (by maniac103)
    - optional swap activation on boot via /system/etc/init.d/12swap
    -- requires swap partition present as third partition on sdcard
    -- swap size (in kB) is determined by persist.sys.swapsize property
    -- no persist.sys.swapsize property defined or set to 0 means no swap activation

example how to set persist.sys.swapsize property in terminal:
    su
    setprop persist.sys.swapsize 16384

9.1.0 (4.0.4) 05.12.2012
    notable recent fixes and features:
    - support for connecting to adhoc wifi
    - fixed wifi networking when using UPnP/DLNA apps
    - note that this build is done from the branch with removed theme engine,
    as the theme support seems to be too heavy, hurting performance of our device

update-cm-9-20120307-SNAPSHOT-umts_sholes-signed.zip
    - video recording (not exactly smooth yet, but working nevertheless)
    - added missing sysctl to prevent RAM fragmentation (cause of gmaps freezes)
    - etc.

03.03.2012:
    - camera is working (only taking pictures, not video recording; panorama mode is not working)
    - switched back to Calendar and LatinIME built from source (use the updated gapps-ics-4.0.3-20120302)
    - bootanimation is enabled by default, it can be disabled under performance settings
    - baseband selection is under device>advanced settings
    - usb and native wifi tethering is not working yet (but should be fixed soon, probably in the next build)

14.01.2012:
    notes:
    - until the open source solution will be ready, Google builds of Calendar and CalendarProvider are installed via gapps to provide Google Calendar sync. Google build of LatinIME is included to provide access to downloadable dictionaries.
    - most of the gapps are installed to /data/vendor. if you are updating from earlier CM9 build, use "rm -r /system/*" in recovery console before installation to make sure you don't run out of space in /system because of previously installed gapps
    - bootanimation is disabled (debug.sf.nobootanimation=1 in build.prop), because the default bootanim takes more than 80MB of RAM while running, which may cause issues - from very long boot time to bootloops.
    To let you know what's going on:
    CM10 (Jelly Bean) boots fine here. A lot has been already done and achieved, though there's also a lot of minor issues that will need more work.
    What's important - there doesn't seem to be any show stopper at this point.

CM9/ICS is more or less dead from the moment of JB release, therefore I fully focus on bringing CM10 to omap3 / Milestone now.

(Indeed, CM7 for Milestone will also get a significant update, hopefully sometime soon, when JB frenzy will cease a bit).
    thanks for your explainations. i didnt know that we did not have full hw acceleration on our cm9 but its good to know. but may this new driver also fix the video encoding issue? if we would have full hw acceleration and could watch videos without any lags, that really would be awesome.

Accelerated video encoding already works fine.
    It's the hw accelerated video decoding, and that is still a problem (on every omap3 device running ics). But I dare to say that it's really the last hard bit remaining to be solved.

Anyway, the ICS for Milestone has reached a point I wouldn't dream about at all in the beginning.
    Just to let you know: I plan to upload new build + new gapps package in a few days, stay tuned.
    And... thanks to those providing the intermediate builds for other users. I'm rather busy, so I appreciate your help.