Is it possible to downgrade from jellybean back to ics

Search This thread

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Hi guys , need some information, I was just wondering is it possible that I could downgrade back to ics after putting jellybean on my phone?
Your help is appreciated.
All the best
Chris.
Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

dmbardal

Yes it is.
How did you upgrade?
If you upgraded via FlashTool you can just as easily downgrade using the same method, just by using an ICS .TFT instead of the JB one.

Any reason why you want to downgrade?
Make sure you do a complete wipe to make the ROM to be good and dandy, and the battery will get better after a few days.

Last edited:

dzadzev

May 24, 2011
Macedonia
Sure you can, you just need to flash ics ROM with flashtool (you dont need to have unlocked bootloader)

But I dont see the reason to downgrade ;)

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Thanks for the replies, I want to go back to ICS due to the major battery drain that I am getting, I have read a few threads now on here and also esato and jellybean battery seems to be very hit and miss.
I live how fast the phone has become but can't live with a poor battery. Got any ideas before I go back to ICS?

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Yes wait a few days, the first few days I'd flashing a Rom are always battery heavy

Sent from my LT30p xda premium app.
How do I customise the signature on xda premium app?
ok well , i have just read that formatting to extenal and internal memory helps , so i have just done that .
as you say its a big upgrade firmware wise so going to give it a couple of days and then look at what the diffrence is again .

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Ok so reporting back on my T's jellybean upgrade, seems that it's starting to level out a lot now, as I said in my last post did the memory thing and formatted both And the phone has responded very very well.
Seems to get a whole days usage now and maybe a bit more. I always charge anyways over night so nothing to worry about. How's yours?

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
i had the same dilema as you to downgrade to 4.0.4...
I noticed today that the phone drains 4 to 8 % battery in standby mode over the night.. i havent noticed something like this in 4.0.4 .
I think the battery management was better.

Anyway i will follow your suggestion to wait a few days to level the situation .

I updated with mac bridge . What is the best method if i decide to downgrade ?
I need a clean install method .Format everything and clean install the rom i decide to install.

Also does the repair option in pc companion or bridge does a clean install;
Thank you :eek:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I noticed today that the phone drains 4 to 8 % battery in standby mode over the night.. i havent noticed something like this in 4.0.4 .

Anyway i will follow your suggestion to wait a few days to level the situation .

I need a clean install method .Format everything and clean install the rom i decide to install.
Flash a stock ICS ftf in flashtool

Yes.

Reactions: profchaos1981

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
thank you so much for your quick reply!

so if i got it right the repair option performs a clean install to the existing rom ..In my case it will reinstall JB 4.1.2

If i choose the flash tool i will choose the rom i want .. So do i get it right?
And if so where can i download the original 4.0.4 rom ? thank you again for your help!

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
so if i got it right the repair option performs a clean install to the existing rom ..In my case it will reinstall JB 4.1.2
No, it will install the latest version for you phone/region. It may be ICS or it may be JB, depending if it has been released for you.
If i choose the flash tool i will choose the rom i want .. So do i get it right?
yes
And if so where can i download the original 4.0.4 rom ? thank you again for your help!
Look in the All in one thread. Its the first thread in the Q&A section and has all available ftf files in post 3.

Reactions: profchaos1981

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Yep use the original generic UK tft there on the forum mate there is a whole list of them, use flashtool and you'll have no problems.
In addition to that I downgraded my via flashtool and used pc companion to upgrade to jellybean if that helps also at the same time formatted the memory external and internal and once the upgrade was done wiped all data and set up, I've gone a full 20 Hours now and have 40% left which seems like it's done the trick.
Good luck mate.

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360522358584.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360522358584.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 164

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
no luck with repair option.... It restores 4.1.2 and not the factory rom ..which in my case was 4.0.4 or 4.0.1..

So i will download the generic uk 4.0.4 rom and flash it with flash tool ..and thats it ? no other actions required ?

i chose this one [STOCK FIRMWARE] [ROM]LT30p Stock UK GENERIC 4.04 7.0.A.1.303 by batman_112
I also going to use flashtool 0.9.10.1 for mac.
Is it better if i use the official sony flash tool EMA ?

Last edited:

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC
In my opinion the Jelly bean update is more of a downgrade then any thing it's very buggy and has a dated looking ui and the new features have been used before on other manufacturers phones like Motorola the lock screen is gay as **** and the camera is now a 12 megapixel instead of a 13 and the keyboard seems to be the same with no new JB features.

Reactions: Alex Slane

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Yeah mate that's exactly it, using that firmware and flashtool you should have no problems at all.
I'm going to carry on playing with jellybean for a couple more days and then reevaluate which firmware I would prefer to be on.
Hope that all goes well for you anyways.

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
In my opinion the Jelly bean update is more of a downgrade then any thing it's very buggy and has a dated looking ui and the new features have been used before on other manufacturers phones like Motorola the lock screen is gay as **** and the camera is now a 12 megapixel instead of a 13 and the keyboard seems to be the same with no new JB features.

I know exactly what you mean mate.
Going to see how jb fairs and then maybe revert back to ICS.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
no luck with repair option.... It restores 4.1.2 and not the factory rom ..which in my case was 4.0.4 or 4.0.1..

So i will download the generic uk 4.0.4 rom and flash it with flash tool ..and thats it ? no other actions required ?

i chose this one [STOCK FIRMWARE] [ROM]LT30p Stock UK GENERIC 4.04 7.0.A.1.303 by batman_112
I also going to use flashtool 0.9.10.1 for mac.
Is it better if i use the official sony flash tool EMA ?

If pccompanion restores 4.1.2 that is now the factory Rom. It's the latest official Rom for your phone provided by Sony.
If you really want the Rom you had before the official upgrade you have now, then use any file explorer and open the build.prop file that is found in the system folder.
Find the line that starts ro.version.customisation. And then had 8 numbers after it, tell me what those numbers are and I can point you in the right direction

Anyway, you can't use Emma to flash that, you must use flash tool

Sent from my LT30p xda premium app.
How do I customise the signature on xda premium app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jb needs update asap... Just visit Sony forums. Tons of complains and bugs with jb . The Walkman bug is very common!!!!
    Who are we kidding???
    In my experience when I used jb battery dropped from 100% to 90 in less than an hour by doing Nothing!!
    With ics battery drops really slow.
    I know camera improved in jb bu I can live with that..
    I can't live with the unexplained battery drain though.. It's very annoying.

Flash a stock ICS ftf in flashtool

Yes.
    No, it will install the latest version for you phone/region. It may be ICS or it may be JB, depending if it has been released for you.
    yes
    Look in the All in one thread. Its the first thread in the Q&A section and has all available ftf files in post 3.
    Sorry a better screen for you.

Could I up grade it to 4.4 with custom rom if so how would I do this

Flash JB 4.1 ftf,
    Root using Doomlords Rooting Toolkit,
    Backup TA (very important)
    Unlock Bootloader
    Fastboot OmniROM kernel
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash Omni zip.
    Enjoy! :D

If there are any questions concerning these steps, just ask Google for help bro. :)

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.