Help with getting kit Kat LB roms working on my C6606

Search This thread

stinkbud

Jul 7, 2008
I have had trouble getting any of the roms here going on my phone. Coming from a long line of evos and galaxy's I am no stranger to rooting and modifying. What the hell, at least I am rooted and Happy with the nova launcher, almost good as a Rom.

Now I see kit kat is out for locked bootloader phones. Is there anyone that doesn't mind running down how to upgrade a c6606 phone without any surprises?

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
As far as exact process I would be interested in that too.

As for availability, either grab the ftf fir your region or wait for a rooted flashable Rom.

As far as the rest goes, t mo has been pushing app updates so we may get something.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

deyanimay

Dec 11, 2007
I'm also curious, if I follow the directions in either of those threads will T-mobile LTE still work? That's the only problem I could see occurring since the c6603 and c6606 are almost identical aside from the radio bands. If anyone has already tried it please let us know, thanks.

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
It should work. I just flashed 4.4 earlier today on my c6606. Works fine. No longer says 4G but instead says H+. If anything you can keep the TMo baseband when you flash the kernel.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
It should work. I just flashed 4.4 earlier today on my c6606. Works fine. No longer says 4G but instead says H+. If anything you can keep the TMo baseband when you flash the kernel.

Go to settings>more>network mode select lte option.
it will display the relevant logo where you have 4g coverage
think you have wcdma option enabled

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
I did that as soon as I flashed the ROM. I have LTE set as preferred. I get either R for roaming, 2G, 3G or H+.

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
Correct, the signal here is kinda funny. I get 4G but not 4G LTE here.

deyanimay

Dec 11, 2007
I ended up installing the update coming from the latest T-mobile firmware and excluding the baseband when flashing the tft file. Everything seems to be fine for me, I still get LTE speed only now the icon shows up as "4g" rather than "LTE" but that's fine. Out of curiosity does anyone here use the T-mobile Isis app and if so do you know how I can get it to recognize the phone as the T-mobile variant thus allowing me to use the app? I've tried replacing all instances of "c6603" with "c6606" in the build.prop to make it match the what was there in the original firmware, but I've had no luck.