[PORT][3.22.x EBI1/32A]Cyanogenmod 5.0.8/6.1.0 DS EBI1/32A Port [December 8]

Search This thread

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
Sorry guys. It has been crazy this past week. I will redo the post with the CM5 stuff :)

Thanks for the feedback

ruphert

Feb 23, 2010
On 32A with 5.0.7.test1 there is only 192MB RAM visibile, can you unlock full 288MB with your port?

cicciokio

Jun 25, 2009
I'm successfully trying this experimental ROM on my Sapphire 32A, that seems much more stable than others Eclair ROMs out there
I can't understand why, asking the device via terminal for free memory (e.g. with SetCPU), it tells me total memory is 192 MB instead of 288 MB

Gazorninplat

Sep 8, 2009
Edmonton
Hi, I have a Rogers Magic, old radio, AmonRA Saphhire recovery 1.6.2H, and just went to CM 5.0.7 with Bcrook's port.

Anybody having trouble with Nandroid after the update? Mine keeps quitting part way through (nandroid+ext backup). I finally got it to "finish", or appear to be finish after I wiped the dalvik cache and fixed uid mismatches, but it made a nandroid backup that was equal in size to the empty space on my SD card. Basically it made a 2.7GB backup that filled the card. I imagine it didn't actually finish the backup, but had an internal error and just kept writing to the card till it was full.

Maybe this has something to do with the new APP2SD or the 192vs288 memory reporting?

Everything in CM5.0.7 works perfect. Just odd that it would affect recovery somehow?
Edit/Delete Message

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
EDIT:

32A phones only report 192MB when you type 'free'. This is normal. The rest of the RAM is reserved for other stuff like GPU, camera, framebuffer, radio, adsp, etc.

Last edited:

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
I have the same issue. people at the original g1 thread suggest we do a bart backup instead of nandroid. i will try it later
Hi, I have a Rogers Magic, old radio, AmonRA Saphhire recovery 1.6.2H, and just went to CM 5.0.7 with Bcrook's port.

Anybody having trouble with Nandroid after the update? Mine keeps quitting part way through (nandroid+ext backup). I finally got it to "finish", or appear to be finish after I wiped the dalvik cache and fixed uid mismatches, but it made a nandroid backup that was equal in size to the empty space on my SD card. Basically it made a 2.7GB backup that filled the card. I imagine it didn't actually finish the backup, but had an internal error and just kept writing to the card till it was full.

Maybe this has something to do with the new APP2SD or the 192vs288 memory reporting?

Everything in CM5.0.7 works perfect. Just odd that it would affect recovery somehow?

Edit/Delete Message

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
Re: [PORT][3.22.x EBI1/32A]Cyanogenmod 4.2.15.1/5.0.7DS EBI1/32A Port [May 1]

I think koush is working on some enhancements to Clockworkmod for the d/s devices. You might want to try that recovery to see if the issue is resolved. Also, keep in mind that the apps2sd method changed so who knows what broke.

seivad17

May 3, 2006
Help, I have a problem :-( after updating to 5.0.7, On boot I get a Google Partner Setup Force Close. If I try to open Gmail it force closes, Market and Talk open to a white screen for a sec and then disappear, and Calendar doesn't do anything. Other non-google-account programs work fine. Also, in setting-Accounts and Sync there is no Google account listed and no option to add one. I've researched and others do have the same issue but no workable solutions.

Another strange thing is on every boot just before the lock screen shows up, the phone rings once. Does anyone else have this problem?

Steps I have taken to try to solve:
-Re-downloaded all three files from the http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...ream/Sapphire page.
-wipe Delvik-Cache
-Re-Flash all three files in order (update-cm, gapps, bc-5.0.7)
-ran Fix package uid mismatches from recovery and ran fix_permissions from terminal (both are same thing I think but did both anyways)
-Tried to do settings->applications->manage applications; menu->filter->all; scroll to 'Google Apps', tap clear data, but there was no "Google Apps" program even after filter-All.
-rebooted multiple times still no joy.

I am using Apps2sd. I would prefer not to have to wipe. Anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited:

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
Help, I have a problem :-( after updating to 5.0.7, On boot I get a Google Partner Setup Force Close. If I try to open Gmail it force closes, Market and Talk open to a white screen for a sec and then disappear, and Calendar doesn't do anything. Other non-google-account programs work fine. Also, in setting-Accounts and Sync there is no Google account listed and no option to add one. I've researched and others do have the same issue but no workable solutions.

Another strange thing is on every boot just before the lock screen shows up, the phone rings once. Does anyone else have this problem?

-Re-downloaded all three files from the http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...ream/Sapphire page.
-wipe Delvik-Cache
-ran Fix package uid mismatches from recovery and ran fix_permissions from terminal (both are same thing I think but did both anyways)
-Tried to do settings->applications->manage applications; menu->filter->all; scroll to 'Google Apps', tap clear data, but there was no "Google Apps" program even after filter-All.

I am using Apps2sd. I would prefer not to have to wipe. Anybody have any suggestions?

There's a new kernel that bcrook made:

http://tinyurl.com/266f62r

Maybe it will help.

MLIGN

Sep 7, 2009
Houston
New Port? test2? Tried the link Cyanogen posted on his forum but just downloads the ROM..

Thanks

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
Sorry for the craziness with the ports tonight. I was not paying attention I guess.
http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/bc-5.0.7-t2-ebi1_R2-signed.zip

All new ports will be based on Koush's Universal update.zip. This lets you flash just a kernel and matching libs to a phone without the need for a ramdisk. Basically, it takes the ramdisk currently installed and repacks with it the new kernel.

What this means is that the port packages provided from now on will port ANY ROM from 32B --> 32A/EBI1. No need to unpack boot.imgs and edit :)

beav_35

Aug 6, 2009
Winnipeg

-wipe Delvik-Cache

I was getting force closes on some apps right after flashing too. I just wiped everything, reflashed and its fine now. Download titanium backup from the market to backup your apps.

New Port? test2? Tried the link Cyanogen posted on his forum but just downloads the ROM..

Thanks

http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bc-6.1.0-ebi1-signed.zip is not a ROM it is a port file. You need to flash the ROM then the port file. There is a link in the OP. Also, there is no need to rename it to update.zip anymore.