[OFFICIAL][ROM][CWM] NS4G IMM76D 4.0.4 | Rooted | Zipalign | ETC

Search This thread

shellguy

Sep 23, 2007
Results:
I took Swamp Goblin's NS4G_IMM76D_ODEX.zip file, renamed it "update.zip", and installed it as an update in CWM. The only thing I cleared was Dalvik cache.

It appears to have installed perfectly, preserving all settings and making for a very easy installation!

Was this all you did? I have been having issues flashing this rom. It reboots to what I assume is bootloader and stops, I am used to my Evo and flashing those roms. Can anyone assist. I also hit up the DEV too, but waiting to hear back.

Will

evildomain

Nov 8, 2006
Can I flashed this to my phone. My nexus is flashed to boost mobile.

Yeah, I originally used the TAR files on Korey's thread and everything worked great on Boost. No problems flashing the new radio. I then flashed the files from this thread and still doing good on Boost. Just remember you have to change the MMS settings in the Dialer Menu after installing new firmware and ROM's.

jwhistler

Aug 23, 2010
TCL 10 5G
Moto G Stylus 5G
Was this all you did? I have been having issues flashing this rom. It reboots to what I assume is bootloader and stops, I am used to my Evo and flashing those roms. Can anyone assist. I also hit up the DEV too, but waiting to hear back.

Will

Yes: I renamed Swamp Goblin's NS4g IMM76D Odexed to "update.zip" and loaded it onto the root directory of the SD storage. I then used CWM recovery to wipe Dalvik cache, then installed the update.zip file using the "apply update from sdcard" option on the main screen of CWM Recovery.

I don't know if simply flashing this ROM would have the same effect, but doing it in the way I describe preserved all programs and settings. It was a seamless upgrade.

I read about someone else doing this in one of the other forums and thought I'd give it a try.

calisoldier83

Dec 7, 2007
I thought ICS included LED notification for Nexus S? At least on oICSv43 there was a LED notification. It's not standard?

jwhistler

Aug 23, 2010
TCL 10 5G
Moto G Stylus 5G
I thought ICS included LED notification for Nexus S? At least on oICSv43 there was a LED notification. It's not standard?

I believe this requires a custom kernel, such as the Matr1x kernel.

I ran Matr1x for a while but noticed when I used GPS the battery really heated up. I'm going to run stock kernel for a while and see if it still happens.

I kind of miss some of the nice tweaks you get from running a custom kernel, but I sure am enjoying the buttery smooth and stable performance I'm getting on this stock ROM!

Reactions: calisoldier83

kiwiBeans

Sep 15, 2010
Has anyone noticed any unresponsiveness of the touchscreen? I'm coming from a completely clean install from scratch and, aside from the auto-brightness bug (always being at the dimmest setting), the only thing I repeatedly notice is that some screen taps do not seem to register.

At first I thought because I'm not familiar with ICS I could be tapping in areas that don't register any action (kind of like sometimes there's a checkbox and you have to tap the actual checkbox while sometimes you can tap anywhere on that line/option)... but then I turned on the developer option to see visual feedback of each tap. I'll tap on something, and nothing happens even though there's a visual confirmation that I touched the screen, and I'll tap it again in the same place and it's the second time something will happen. Sometimes it takes another tap on top of that. Very strange behavior and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

intheb0x

Dec 8, 2007
Racine WI
OnePlus 8
first try this:

Originally Posted by LancerEVA06
People with GPS issues, dial *#*#GPSCLRX#*#* enter your MSL. You should get a lock instantly.

i sometimes have problems with gps after flashing a new ROM, just remember that you must wipe all data, wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache, maybe even battery stats before flashing a new rom and GPS should work...my gps on this rom is working perfectly well, just like it did on Gingerbread. this is contrast to the many ICS roms ive been using over the last few months, they always seemed to have slow GPS lock but would eventually get a lock after a 30 seconds-1 min...but with this new official leaked rom i get a lock in about 5 seconds...

+ 1 THIS!!
For the longest time I've been having crappy gps with it constantly loosing signal or just never finding my current location.
After doing the steps above it works like a brand new phone all over again!

Finds my location almost instantly and no reboots needed to try to find my current location.

Also using gps status app from the market aka play store it finds like 9 sats in under 3 minutes.
When before I was lucky to find one.
Many thanks!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ics 4.0.4

calisoldier83

Dec 7, 2007
Has anyone noticed any unresponsiveness of the touchscreen? I'm coming from a completely clean install from scratch and, aside from the auto-brightness bug (always being at the dimmest setting), the only thing I repeatedly notice is that some screen taps do not seem to register.

At first I thought because I'm not familiar with ICS I could be tapping in areas that don't register any action (kind of like sometimes there's a checkbox and you have to tap the actual checkbox while sometimes you can tap anywhere on that line/option)... but then I turned on the developer option to see visual feedback of each tap. I'll tap on something, and nothing happens even though there's a visual confirmation that I touched the screen, and I'll tap it again in the same place and it's the second time something will happen. Sometimes it takes another tap on top of that. Very strange behavior and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm experiencing that my scrolling gets stuck when browsing through webpages, not as smooth as GB. Haven't had too much accuracy issues though.

robtrevino

Feb 2, 2008
Anyone getting double upload of images on facebook?
When you take a pic and hit the FB icon, it uploads twice.

I've tried re-installing the app, but no luck.

gulrezm

Jul 30, 2009
+ 1 THIS!!
For the longest time I've been having crappy gps with it constantly loosing signal or just never finding my current location.
After doing the steps above it works like a brand new phone all over again!

Finds my location almost instantly and no reboots needed to try to find my current location.

Also using gps status app from the market aka play store it finds like 9 sats in under 3 minutes.
When before I was lucky to find one.
Many thanks!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ics 4.0.4

no prob! glad it works for u, i hate when gps doesn't work...

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
I was also having issues with the touchscreen not responding.. I would sometimes unlock it and nothing would register. Flashing a new kernel ( I recommend matr1x cfs ) seemed to fix this issue, never had a problem after that :)

Reactions: ghostzyden

kiwiBeans

Sep 15, 2010
first try this:

Originally Posted by LancerEVA06
People with GPS issues, dial *#*#GPSCLRX#*#* enter your MSL. You should get a lock instantly.

So, do you only do this once? I'm hoping you don't have to do this all the time... I'm not currently having GPS problems but if this is some sort of reset to get it in tip top shape I'll definitely try it. I think I have the MSL # from the activation instructions (from doing it online at Sprint.com).

I was also having issues with the touchscreen not responding.. I would sometimes unlock it and nothing would register. Flashing a new kernel ( I recommend matr1x cfs ) seemed to fix this issue, never had a problem after that :)

Are you having the same problem as me? The screen isn't totally unresponsive - it's just that in the normal course of usage when I get to a new screen or whatever the first click registers (I can see the visual feedback) but the click doesn't make the phone do anything - like open a link or option or next menu choice. I usually have to click it a second time. I don't know if I'm just too fast for the phone or what. On my Epic Touch (stock ROM) I have never really experienced this whereas now on this phone with ICS I do. :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-= OFFICIAL IMM76D NS4G =-

This is stock IMM76D for the NS4G, leaked by Korey_Nicholson. All credit to him, this is his leak, I just rooted and made it flashable. Go thank him in his thread. His thread containing this rom in ODIN form, along with updated radio and bootloaders is here.

This rom is pre-rooted, zipaligned, and busybox installed. No other modifications. There is a Odex and Deodexed version, you choose which one you would like.

By flashing with this method, you will NOT lose custom recovery, and you will NOT lose root. Updated radio and bootloader will have to be flashed seperate.

-= Installing Instructions =-

-Download your choice of rom below and place on the root of your sd card
    -Boot into clockwork mod recovery
    -Wipe data/factory reset
    -Wipe anything else you feel necessary
    -Flash the rom
    -(You may also flash updated radio, download below)
    -After done installing, reboot
    -PROFIT

NS4G IMM76D Deodexed

NS4G IMM76D Odexed

NS4G LC1 Radio

-= SG Mod =-

I like things to be super smooth, so I put together this little "mod".

What it does:

-enables full gpu rendering
    -enables android tile rendering
    -increased wifi scan rate (save battery)
    -increased vm heap (48 > 64)
    -display tweaks for improved graphics (higher fps, decrease lag, increase quality)
    -higher fps when scrolling in menus

Just flash the Rom above, flash this mod, profit. It improves performance, so why not?

IMM76D Performance Mod

IMM76D Performance Mod Disabler
    So.. no idea what this could break, but i flashed the Mandaman2k V6 mods to get pull down toggles and it works. I have not gotten any FC, or seen any other issues with it but it DOES work. Use at your own risk, but i am loving it!

http://dev-host.org/gyoinshbmnoh/Mandaman2k_v6_flashable-mods.zip
    dont want another kernel....i like the stock feel

Then you have to wait. It's only been out 10 hours. That's not a stock feature and this is a STOCK build. You said you were a n00b? You sure are needy. Patience my friend.

†††
    Green flicker or flash is a hardware and kernel issue. Trinity kernels have cured this with the latest batch. Either turn up your brightness till it goes away, turn off your auto brightness, go back to stock colors, or my suggestion, flash one of Trinity's latest batch. Solved, solved, and solved. :D

†††
    and still no face unlock

Really? The weakest feature of ICS, that's what you were looking for?

†††