How can I register my fire tv without "original PIN", I bought it from a retailer

Search This thread

blackantt

Sep 1, 2014
How can I register my fire tv without "original PIN", I bought it from a retailer

Hi,

I bought fire tv from a retailer in China. and I can't contact him now. when I want to register or use parental function, It needs the "existing PIN", but I can't contact the retailer again. How can I register my device?
when I reseted to factory, It still needs "existing PIN" !

Attachments

• m0.jpg
    m0.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 409
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
If you hadn't figured it out, factory reset. Easiest way to start fresh. Under the system tab.
Will clear out the info from the earlier owner.
Is it factory or rooted?
If its rooted, you might check that some settings are not disabled. I am not certain, but in addition to the setting to freeze in order to stave off updates(pm disable com.amazon.dcp) there may be another that restricts communication during the registration. I don't know for sure but I think there were some less than preferred methods. Do some research in these forums at xda.
LONG STORY SHORT, BEFORE FACTORY RESET, USE "pm enable com.amazon.dcp"
Good luck.

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
I'll follow up with some clarifications and corrections. It seems that the update does not need to be enabled. Disregard if you choose.
Check the hosts file if you can.
The second hand firetv kinda seems dangerous with the potential brick stories.

blackantt

Sep 1, 2014
when I reseted to factory, it still need "existing PIN" ! what can I do ?

If you hadn't figured it out, factory reset. Easiest way to start fresh. Under the system tab.
Will clear out the info from the earlier owner.
Is it factory or rooted?
If its rooted, you might check that some settings are not disabled. I am not certain, but in addition to the setting to freeze in order to stave off updates(pm disable com.amazon.dcp) there may be another that restricts communication during the registration. I don't know for sure but I think there were some less than preferred methods. Do some research in these forums at xda.
LONG STORY SHORT, BEFORE FACTORY RESET, USE "pm enable com.amazon.dcp"
Good luck.

thanks, when I reseted to factory, it still need "existing PIN" ! what can I do ?

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
thanks, when I reseted to factory, it still need "existing PIN" ! what can I do ?

making duplicate postings is against the rules

your second similar thread: (posted literally after a minute you got no response here)

**Thread Reported**

wait for a response. just don't create a damn new thread so you get attention at the top. Be more f**king patient. It's called a MESSAGE BOARD not IM Chat.

BTW: as stated before in your second spam thread. It's probably stolen. Someone else had to have put a Prime or parental PIN in there before this "retailer" got it. It's pretty much equally said to my knowledge that you got burned....also could explain the Chinese retailers sketchy contact availability.

was there another place that you could have bought it? Also are you sure that's the name of the retailer and NOT the previous owner?
Also I checked on multi-regional amazon sites including .cn, de, .co.uk and I looked at .CN and there is a Fire TV knockoff (which wasn't highly rated at all) BUT nowhere I see where you can buy the fire anywhere else from Amazon but USA. (as most services the fire tv offers are only available like hulu in the US)

so the answer to your questions are

1. yes. using a fire TV outside the united states is unauthorized by Amazon or as what Customer Support called it "illegal"

2. if you don't get in contact with owner who has the account information in that Fire TV. Be retailer or possible previous owner.. You're stuck.

Last edited:

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
Hi,

I bought fire tv from a retailer in China. and I can't contact him now. when I want to register or use parental function, It needs the "existing PIN", but I can't contact the retailer again. How can I register my device?

Have you tried a simple code like 0000 or 1111. If for some reason they created the pin just for testing they might have kept it simple.

your second similar thread: (posted literally after a minute you got no response here)

**Thread Reported**

wait for a response. just don't create a damn new thread so you get attention at the top. Be more f**king patient. It's called a MESSAGE BOARD not IM Chat.

The only thing annoying in this thread is some guy polishing up his forum police badge and taking it for a walk. There are people called moderators, no need for nosey users.

Reactions: fach1708

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
Have you tried a simple code like 0000 or 1111. If for some reason they created the pin just for testing they might have kept it simple.

The only thing annoying in this thread is some guy polishing up his forum police badge and taking it for a walk. There are people called moderators, no need for nosey users.

Okay maybe we should just ... I don't know... remove the report button then!? .. Because any one who is not a moderator has no voice in what happens and is "nosey" ...*makes a whole lotta f**kin sense*

News flash.. That's what the point of the report button. ******* To bring things to their attention that they might have missed or saves them time from doing it themselves.

And further more.. If I want to report a post that breaks the rules (and saves the moderators time looking for them) then I'm going to do it. And frankly I don't really give a damn what you think.

ON TOPIC: try what the original user said "1234" "0000" etc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile appp

Last edited:

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
Okay maybe we should just ... I don't know... remove the report button then!? .. Because any one who is not a moderator has no voice in what happens and is "nosey" ...*makes a whole lotta f**kin sense*

News flash.. That's what the point of the report button. ******* To bring things to their attention that they might have missed or saves them time from doing it themselves.

And further more.. If I want to report a post that breaks the rules (and saves the moderators time looking for them) then I'm going to do it. And frankly I don't really give a damn what you think.

ON TOPIC: try what the original user said "1234" "0000" etc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile appp

Easy Peaches. For someone who doesn't care you certainly flap your virtual lips an awful lot.

48305542.jpg

dpou

Sep 17, 2016
Help...left my Firestick for a guest room and one of my guests changing the pin and reregistered the fire TV stick to their own account. I called Amazon - they have a record of my purchase for this Firestick but they won't reset it so I can use it! Is there a way to restore it?

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
I had this problem with a fire stick i bought from eBay.
My solution will work for you if your on a rootable version.
If you are on a rootable version 5.2.1.0 or below, root your stick with KINGOROOT, then disable parenal controls with adb, I forgot the command I used but you will get the same result using any android program that will freeze apps/services.... Titanium Backup for example.
I will post the command when I find it later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

**Thread Reported**