[4.2.2][Official]PACman Milestone

Search This thread

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
PACman for Atrix HD

Pacman.png

PACman is a combination of Paranoid Android, AOKP, and CyanogenMod that aims to bring the best features from all roms into one.

Install Instructions (New Installs)
  • Download Rom & Gapps (links below)
  • Reboot into Recovery - hold up when booting or select Reboot>Recovery from the power menu (feature varies by rom)
  • Wipe Data & Factory Reset
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash Gapps
  • Reboot and Enjoy.

Upgrade Instructions
  • Download the Rom
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash Gapps
  • Wipe Cache
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot.

Download Locations
Copy.com Download

Gapps -- Use Latest 4.2
Official Gapps
Midnight Gapps
Unofficial Gapps

Gapps Issue
Lately Google has been updating core parts of Gapps and pushing them through Play. When using Official Gapps with newer roms they may not be or get installed and that can cause random errors, most notably is the Now Hotword Bug. I recommend using the Unofficial Gapps or Midnight Gapps as they are a lot more up to date than Official and have the updates already included. I use Midnight Gapps myself. They're blacked out holo themed which is what I like. Use either Unofficial or Midnight and make sure to click the respected makers' thanks button.

PACman Changelog
  • First Official Atrix HD Release
  • Added HALO [Sniper & gs2usr]
  • Updated PA to 3.6
  • Removed MDPI/HDPI PA Preferences Hack
  • Updated to CM-10.1-RC5
  • TRDS 2.0
PAC 4.2 Milestone
  • Finalize Code in 4.2
  • Stability fixes
  • Tiles Colors
  • Settings Rearrange
  • Add ROM-Share [mithun46]
  • Update Halo
  • Halo Size
  • Listview Animations
  • Update PA to 3.68
  • Update AOKP to Milestone 2
  • Update CM 10.1
  • Add SE-Linux
  • Enable Lockscreen shortcuts in Rom Control
  • A lot more that you will find when exploring PACman

Full PACman Changelog

BUGS
  • Any Razrqcom CM10.1 bugs
  • Any PACman bugs
  • Some PAC settings conflict with others (Nav Bar anyone??)
  • HDR Camera (device issue)
  • Radio signal doesn't register using LTE/4G (device issue)
  • Settings/Phone/About doesn't show the complete information (device issue)

Credits & Thanks
The PACman Team -- without them there wouldn't be this great rom to use and make for us.
The Razrqcom Dev Team -- without them we wouldn't have a kernel to use with PACman nor would we have any custom roms.
Dan Rosenberg -- He unlocked our bootloaders and gave us root. We wouldn't have crap if it weren't for him.
Faux123 -- because I'm using a lot of his kernel mods\patches. (not anymore, but probably will again)
Mattlgroff -- Awesome guy and is working hard on our recovery, both CWM and TWRP
The Midnight Gapps Team -- Not sure if that's the official team name, but thanks for the awesome inverted & Transparent gapps

attachment.php

Attachments

• Paranoid-Fix.zip
    395.7 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

tvd0405

Oct 24, 2011
PACMAN for Atrix HD

Download Here

I'll make a better, proper page tomorrow. I'm tired and don't feel like it right now.

Install Instructions
Same as CM10.1...Same Gapps as CM10.1 -- Don't use B-Boy's Inverted 4.2.2 Gapps, causes fc's.

Features:
Built with latest PACMAN & RAZRQCOM Dev Team Souces
Kernel 3.0.76
Overclocked to 1.6 Ghz

BUGS:
GPS....worked on my first boot, first flash; hasn't worked since :(
Centipede
Camera HDR -- looks like crap
All Razrqcom CM10.1 bugs
Spider
All PACMAN bugs
Camcorder
Wasp
Probably more :p

//Ya'll don't mess around -- 3 downloads and the damn OP isn't even done :silly:
Hope ya weren't an eager beaver -- it only finished uploading 3 mins ago

The link is not working

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Reactions: activecs

adelsalem

Dec 5, 2009
Downloaded and installed the only problems I got is the GPS now I am going to test the charge on it and battery use

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

Reactions: skeevydude

adelsalem

Dec 5, 2009
The charge time was great fast and no problems no glitches and the lag do not exist so far

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
The charge time was great fast and no problems no glitches and the lag do not exist so far

Glad to hear is running good for someone that's not me.

I've forgot to add in the permissions for paranoid's properties.conf...fix is attached in the OP. Just flash it.

Next update to be major..currently compiling. If it finishes, we'll have Faux Sound Control, CPU Voltage Control, GPU Overclock, CPU Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz, Underclock to 192mhz*, and other misc fixes and tweaks.

Ended up having to hardcode O3 optimizations and linaro toolchain directly in the kernel makefile. For whatever reason, even though it was set that way in my board config the kernel would use O2 and arm-4.4.3 toolchain. O3 might hurt or help, we'll see.

*not in current compile, not hard to add in...had to stop cherry-picking and do some builds to make sure everything is going to work.

pianoman102

Apr 16, 2011
Nashville
Glad to hear is running good for someone that's not me.

I've forgot to add in the permissions for paranoid's properties.conf...fix is attached in the OP. Just flash it.

Next update to be major..currently compiling. If it finishes, we'll have Faux Sound Control, CPU Voltage Control, GPU Overclock, CPU Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz, Underclock to 192mhz*, and other misc fixes and tweaks.

Ended up having to hardcode O3 optimizations and linaro toolchain directly in the kernel makefile. For whatever reason, even though it was set that way in my board config the kernel would use O2 and arm-4.4.3 toolchain. O3 might hurt or help, we'll see.

*not in current compile, not hard to add in...had to stop cherry-picking and do some builds to make sure everything is going to work.

Hey man, this sounds awesome! JW, do we have any idea of why the GPS isn't working? And this rom is the one based off of the pacman by echofive correct? And do we need to flash the superuser.zip?

Last edited:

adelsalem

Dec 5, 2009
I flashed the zip FM nice love the setting by the way boot time is great and data is working perfect dam that GPS lol

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Hey man, this sounds awesome! JW, do we have any idea of why the GPS isn't working? And this rom is the one based off of the pacman by echofive correct? And do we need to flash the superuser.zip?

No idea on the gps. If I knew I'd tell everyone.
Not based on Echofive's...I build directly from source.
No need to flash a superuser zip.

Build with the above kernel changes done...gonna test after breakfast. If good I'll recompile with the latest sources and release that; if bad I'll revert the O3 kernel back to O2 and try again.

Reactions: ai6908

adelsalem

Dec 5, 2009
Skeevy you the man thank you made my happy flasher

tember1214

Oct 21, 2011
Portsmouth NH
Flashed this ROM this morning and was running great. Then Asop keyboard force closed and market wouldn't open and force closes with a few other things. Not sure what happened. Must have been something with gapps . Gonna re dowlnoad gapps and reflash everything later . Hopefully it works out

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

adelsalem

Dec 5, 2009
Flashed this ROM this morning and was running great. Then Asop keyboard force closed and market wouldn't open and force closes with a few other things. Not sure what happened. Must have been something with gapps . Gonna re dowlnoad gapps and reflash everything later . Hopefully it works out

Market and keyboard are running with no problems must be wrong gapps or the flash was not good

helldogg75

Oct 29, 2011
Lost data for some reason and cannot get it back.

Wormboymx

Dec 22, 2011
Mexico
Redmi 9
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

Sometimes in another phone (infuse 4g) this bug occurs when in the initial configuration I put another language. For example Spanish. The solution on that rom (infuse 4g). I installation again and in the initial configuration I put English in the languages , then maybe, you can enter to the system and perhaps you can use the system, to change the language, reboot in English and then you can change the language in the system settings (I don't know if this works on this rom)

Enviado desde mi Motorola Atrix HD usando Tapatalk 2

tember1214

Oct 21, 2011
Portsmouth NH
Re downloaded and flashed again everything seems to be working great!! Must have been a bad download. Loving the ROM

Reactions: skeevydude

adelsalem

Dec 5, 2009
Battery life is good and holding so far had one small issue I recorded video and when I tapped the gallery it froze and force stop had to report for the gallery to work other wise the ROM is smooth sailing

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Mine keeps force rebooting then because of a previous issue which I don't know how to fix it goes to the fastboot screen and says flash failure. So I power down and restart with the volume keys depressed and do normal power up. Then it gets stuck at the m so I have to force a reset then do normal power up then it boots works for a bit then freezes and reboots.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

EcHoFiiVe

Jan 29, 2012
Mundelein. IL
Lol just saying if you dirty flash, you're gonna have a bad time. Everything's fine, finally working data on this with 4G too. Smooth sailing over here. HDR works fine. That wasp bug is really bothering me though, I'm getting a feeling that it won't get fixed till October. For me, battery sucks. Like I said, inconsistent bugs. Also, if anyone doesn't wanna flash the fix, fix is system/etc/paranoid /properties.conf rw-rw-rw or 0666

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PACman for Atrix HD

Pacman.png

PACman is a combination of Paranoid Android, AOKP, and CyanogenMod that aims to bring the best features from all roms into one.

Install Instructions (New Installs)
    • Download Rom & Gapps (links below)
    • Reboot into Recovery - hold up when booting or select Reboot>Recovery from the power menu (feature varies by rom)
    • Wipe Data & Factory Reset
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash Gapps
    • Reboot and Enjoy.

Upgrade Instructions
    • Download the Rom
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash Gapps
    • Wipe Cache
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot.

Download Locations
    Copy.com Download

Gapps -- Use Latest 4.2
    Official Gapps
    Midnight Gapps
    Unofficial Gapps

Gapps Issue
    Lately Google has been updating core parts of Gapps and pushing them through Play. When using Official Gapps with newer roms they may not be or get installed and that can cause random errors, most notably is the Now Hotword Bug. I recommend using the Unofficial Gapps or Midnight Gapps as they are a lot more up to date than Official and have the updates already included. I use Midnight Gapps myself. They're blacked out holo themed which is what I like. Use either Unofficial or Midnight and make sure to click the respected makers' thanks button.

PACman Changelog
    • First Official Atrix HD Release
    • Added HALO [Sniper & gs2usr]
    • Updated PA to 3.6
    • Removed MDPI/HDPI PA Preferences Hack
    • Updated to CM-10.1-RC5
    • TRDS 2.0
    PAC 4.2 Milestone
    • Finalize Code in 4.2
    • Stability fixes
    • Tiles Colors
    • Settings Rearrange
    • Add ROM-Share [mithun46]
    • Update Halo
    • Halo Size
    • Listview Animations
    • Update PA to 3.68
    • Update AOKP to Milestone 2
    • Update CM 10.1
    • Add SE-Linux
    • Enable Lockscreen shortcuts in Rom Control
    • A lot more that you will find when exploring PACman

Full PACman Changelog

BUGS
    • Any Razrqcom CM10.1 bugs
    • Any PACman bugs
    • Some PAC settings conflict with others (Nav Bar anyone??)
    • HDR Camera (device issue)
    • Radio signal doesn't register using LTE/4G (device issue)
    • Settings/Phone/About doesn't show the complete information (device issue)

Credits & Thanks
    The PACman Team -- without them there wouldn't be this great rom to use and make for us.
    The Razrqcom Dev Team -- without them we wouldn't have a kernel to use with PACman nor would we have any custom roms.
    Dan Rosenberg -- He unlocked our bootloaders and gave us root. We wouldn't have crap if it weren't for him.
    Faux123 -- because I'm using a lot of his kernel mods\patches. (not anymore, but probably will again)
    Mattlgroff -- Awesome guy and is working hard on our recovery, both CWM and TWRP
    The Midnight Gapps Team -- Not sure if that's the official team name, but thanks for the awesome inverted & Transparent gapps

attachment.php
    Sorry for the delay, but life happens. New ROM built, testing now and uploading tonight. Reverted all GCC and linaro crap and using unmodified razrqcom cm10.1 kernel. Now its as close to our cm as it can. Can't tell ya what's new cause I haven't checked, but it does run better. Still no GPS, HDR, and DSP Manager likes to stop working at random, but everything else seems to work just fine.
    New rom up, working gps (at least for me, needs testers)

Direct Link

Just wipe cache and dalvik if coming from an earlier PAC

EDIT:

15 downloads and not one of you can confirm GPS?
    Looking forward to it!

Didn't work :crying:

Here's what I do know -- apparently if we use Vanquish rom ports the gps will work for us, using the same sources the gps doesn't work for us. I've looked over the Vanquish and Qinara make files and they're not that different from ours and nothing that should affect the gps...Its just weird. Maybe I should make PAC for the Vanquish and port it for us:confused:
    Uncheck a box in system, halo, then it goes to middle then you can get rid dam that thing. Halo thing sux not practical sand annoying.
    Also I want my phone to last no need to over clock to 1.89ghz crazyman. ROM suffers from too many additions and lost key features like gps

Oh my god, can you please just stop complaining? Don't like it? Switch ROMs or dealwithit. Some people like it, others don't. Whatever, don't have to complain about the ROM 10,000 times. And why don't you underclock it? Suffers from too many additions? Cyanogenmod is in the other thread friend. And if you think Halo sucks anyways then switch back to the older build that had GPS working. Maybe be a bit more grateful? Or ask about things/for things in a nice way? Thank you, have a nice day. :)