Can't Copy Titanium Backup Files to My PC

Search This thread

Tanker01

Dec 2, 2010
Brittany - France
Hi everybody,

Since I have my GN, I always had this problem, or near... Most of the time after a backup with TitaniumBackup, I just had to reboot before having the possibility to see the folder in Windows via MTP... I hate MTP !
But today, I wanted to upgrade to JB, and do it with a full wipe, factory reset. But I couldn't find my Titanium Backup folder ! I rebooted 5 times, I changed drivers, I tried another PC with Windows XP and all the time I only could see old folders ... Like a ghost of my Internal memory.
I tried all wipes except format and full wipe, I fixed permissions, I tried SCrescan ... Nothing fixed the problem

BUT I FINALLY FIND THE SOLUTION :
  • If you have a custom Kernel, with the app (like Franco + Franco Updater), DISABLE the option "LOGGER OFF" !

I know it sounds stupid, because it was made to avoid the internal memory scan, but I enabled it a long time ago, and I forgot it...
For me after a reboot the problem was fixed ! I only lost 5 hours of my time to backup ...

If it fixed your problem, hit the "Thanks" button ;)

KillerQ

Oct 11, 2007
Hey all,

As the warning splash mentions, simply ENABLE USB DEBUGGING. The caused the Titanium folder to INSTANTLY show up on my computer when it seemed to be missing.

Let me know if this helped,

Thanks,

Matt!

palmcrash

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
Shows up fine for me, but it just won't copy over to the PC (some files do, some don't from the same folder). And yes, USB debugging is enabled. Reboot sometimes helps, often not. I resort to using "Terminal Emulator" to tar/gzip the directory, and copy that over instead.

Reactions: WebEyE

Jubakuba

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Pueblo, Colorado
Shows up fine for me, but it just won't copy over to the PC (some files do, some don't from the same folder). And yes, USB debugging is enabled. Reboot sometimes helps, often not. I resort to using "Terminal Emulator" to tar/gzip the directory, and copy that over instead.

I trust ADB more than any native MTP functionality.

adb pull /SDCARD/ /sdcard/TitaniumBackup
(Not sure of the exact location...or capitalization...but I think that's it)

This will put your TB folder in an "SDCARD" folder in your C:\ drive.

easycheese

Jan 6, 2011
Not quite...

Actually its adb pull /sdcard/titaniumbackup/ /sdcard

ADB pull [remote] [local]

This will pull from the folder titanium backup and put it in a folder c:/sdcard

eiapoce

May 29, 2012
Rome
www.iapoce.com
Royal

I am having the same issues here.

I had to copy everything to the DCIM directory and reconnect the cable to see the backup files. This works... but as I don't like console I used a filemanager and on many files it's going to be a time consuming task.

It's really a royal pain in the ass not to be able to see phone contents from the file explorer in windows. And something that should be addressed as soon as possible (Right after the 3Gb bug of the Nexus 7)

naman919

May 13, 2010
Thanks!

Hi everybody,

Since I have my GN, I always had this problem, or near... Most of the time after a backup with TitaniumBackup, I just had to reboot before having the possibility to see the folder in Windows via MTP... I hate MTP !
But today, I wanted to upgrade to JB, and do it with a full wipe, factory reset. But I couldn't find my Titanium Backup folder ! I rebooted 5 times, I changed drivers, I tried another PC with Windows XP and all the time I only could see old folders ... Like a ghost of my Internal memory.
I tried all wipes except format and full wipe, I fixed permissions, I tried SCrescan ... Nothing fixed the problem

• If you have a custom Kernel, with the app (like Franco + Franco Updater), DISABLE the option "LOGGER OFF" !

I know it sounds stupid, because it was made to avoid the internal memory scan, but I enabled it a long time ago, and I forgot it...
For me after a reboot the problem was fixed ! I only lost 5 hours of my time to backup ...

BINGO! you're the man! Thanks! that was my problem as well.

Flintberg

Feb 14, 2012
Warsaw
I had the same problem with my new Nexus 4, and found a solution that doesn't require a custom kernel - what you need to do is CHANGE TB folder location (via TB) from storage/emulated/0/TBfolder to storage/sdcard0/TBfolder - and now while connected to MTP you can see your backups correctly.

Hope it works for GNex too.

Reactions: vigos and aagha

bodh

Nov 28, 2012
Scranton
Adb can pull folders or files?

I've been looking for a way to backup my 4.2.1 cwm backups to mac. I've tried this command "./adb pull /data/media/clockworkmod/ /Users/x09177310519/Desktop/"...terminal output is "remote object '/data/media/clockworkmod/' does not exist". Ideas?

Mulsiphix

Jul 2, 2013
Question About Nandroid Backup & Kernel

If I make a nandroid backup of SmoothROM with the Franco kernel, is it possible to reinstall SmoothROM, choose a new kernel (Motley), and then go back into Recovery and restore the nandroid backup? Will this result in a SmoothROM install with the Motley kernel or will the backup restore the Franco kernel as well? Using TWRP v2.5.0.0 to create the nandroid backup. Backup was made with all boxes checked (System, Cache, Data, Boot, Recovery). Any help is greatly appreciated!! :fingers-crossed:

skicr8z

Jan 12, 2011
ADB Pull worked for me

I realize that this is an old thread, but I recently came across it when I was having the same problem of not being able to copy files from the "titaniumbackup" folder on my Nexus 4 phone. The ADB pull method worked perfectly for me and was the only solution that I found that actually worked.

adb pull -p /sdcard/titaniumbackup C:/titaniumbackup

That command will put all of the files from your phone in the C:/titaniumbackup folder. The -p switch will show you the progress of the file transfer.

Reactions: all43

Spl4tt

I've got the opposite problem right now. I can copy to my pc, but I can't copy to the new phone.

Even with adb push, it copies only around 75% of all backup files. Even if it says "0 files skipped", it only pushes 439 of 655 files.

Really sucks.

EDIT: I realized that the problem was copying so many files over mtp doesn't work. I rebooted the phone and copied 100 files at once, then another 100 and so on. This did finally work.

Last edited:
Exactly the same under Lollipop

I just had exactly the same thing on Lollipop on a Nexus 7 nakasi/grouper tablet. I installed Titanium Backup, backed up the tablet then plugged it into my PC. I couldn't see the TitaniumBackup folder at all. So I rebooted the tablet & plugged it back in. Now I could see the folder, but it was empty, so I left it plugged in for 1/2 an hour and everything was OK & I could copy my backup files onto my PC. :D

Spl4tt

I just had exactly the same thing on Lollipop on a Nexus 7 nakasi/grouper tablet. I installed Titanium Backup, backed up the tablet then plugged it into my PC. I couldn't see the TitaniumBackup folder at all. So I rebooted the tablet & plugged it back in. Now I could see the folder, but it was empty, so I left it plugged in for 1/2 an hour and everything was OK & I could copy my backup files onto my PC. :D

Yeah, MTP sucks hard hairy balls. Can't understand why google is doing this to us. It's not only slow, but indeed doesn't even work good (As you see on my previous posts.)

I really wish mass storage mode would be back.

wernerml

Sep 22, 2008
Rio Grande - RS
Simple solution: Android Commander a File Explorer that shows the folder 100% normal, you can copy it without bugs! tested, working 100%

FYI: my Moto G 2014 (xt1068) also has this Titanium folder bug.... and also: MANY other File/Folders BUGS (in Windows Explorer).... maybe the Driver provided by Motorola isn't good... don't know... don't care....

-> when I want Simple copy/paste actions (like Documents/Photos/APKs) I use "Windows Explorer"
-> when I want Advanced copy/paste actions (like Titanium backup folder / TWRP Nandroid Backup / System's Root files) I use "Android Commander"

Reactions: mbush78 and Spl4tt

vbaros

Mar 25, 2011
Just create another folder on the /sdcard (e.g. /sdcard/backup/) and copy all the content of the TitaniumBackup folder to it. Then access /backup folder from the pc. All files should be there.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not quite...

Actually its adb pull /sdcard/titaniumbackup/ /sdcard

ADB pull [remote] [local]

This will pull from the folder titanium backup and put it in a folder c:/sdcard
    Hi everybody,

46c081d8-7a48-34b2.jpg

Sync your tibu to dropbox or Google drive. Easily done over wifi.

I agree you can't copy the entire folder but I have no problem copy/paste the individual files inside titanium backup folder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I had this problem on my stock but rooted nexus. I could copy over files and folders just fine except the Titanium folder. I just restarted my phone and it worked.