[ROOT][[2.2+][15.1.0] OPG Pro is not only battery saver.

Search This thread

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
OnePowerGuard Pro Introduction

OPG Pro is not only battery saver on rooted Android smartphones/tablets. It is an optimized combination and not a single solution.

Geek, Play, Attempt or Improving……
Two-year effort to build
13,280 hours of test duration, 1,252 user's posts, 767 gmail conversations
Not simply to play, but it is simple to use
Make a battery app of difference

Features
  1. Extends stand-by time and battery life and optimizes charging parameters
  2. Easily find the consumption processes by Battery Doctor
  3. Optimizes system kernel and CPU usage to improve device performance
  4. Six (6) customized power-saving modes to suit different scenarios
  5. Proactively guards from power-killer apps and safely shuts down useless power-consuming programs
  6. Fast ON/OFF settings for 100% system customization
  7. Intelligently switches to/from WiFi/Cell data to preserve battery life
  8. Professional tips on power optimization

Overview
This first part of the OnePowerGuard Pro manual will give you an overview of how it works, the mode profiles, and other commonly used features.
  1. Why I developed OnePowerGuard Pro?
  2. How OnePowerGuard Pro works?
  3. How to work OnePowerGuard Pro?
  4. The Comparison Table
    2013_11_28_opgpro_table.png
  5. New Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs

Guide
  1. Start Guide
  2. Battery Doctor Guide
  3. Safe Clean Guide
  4. Defence Stats Guide
  5. CPU Status Guide
  6. Apps Stats Guide
  7. Upgrade Guide If you forgot to backup your key, just send an email to fonter.yang@gmail.com[/B]
    [*] Settings Guide
    [*] Switch Settings Guide
    [*] Battery Level History Guide
    [*] Widget Guide

Test
  1. How to test OnePowerGuard Pro?

Entropy
  1. Android Entropy of OPG Pro

Knowledge
  1. CPU and CPU Frequency Introduction
  2. CPU Governor Introduction
  3. I/O Schedulers Introduction
  4. Wakelocks Introduction
  5. Some Wakelokes Handle
  6. Saving Tips

Solve your issues
  1. How to use Battery Doctor to find your battery issues?

FAQ
  1. OnePowerGuard Pro FAQ

Review
  1. End Users Review

- Help: http://onexuan.com/blog/help/
- Gallery: http://www.onexuan.com/gallery/index.html
- Slideshow: http://www.onexuan.com/batteryslideshow/index.html
- Free Version and Old Post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1947559

phonesen.png

Important
OnePowerGuard Pro is actually a script app, but our thinking is easy to run script by users who don't know how to run a script. Now Here is script open source!

Thank you for your support and payment.

Note: How to use Battery Doctor on Android 4.4 KitKat
Android 4.4_r1 removed the possibility for apps to request for the BATTERY_INFO permission, This is the commit https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/3714141d287c965ea3451831dd5167f63f8db87b%5E%21/
The reason (issue mentioned) for the commit is unknown.
This permission and the access to batterystats - formerly known as batteryinfo - service is vital for use cases (and apps) dealing with analysing awake and wakeup causes (battery drainers) as this services gives access to partial wakelocks and alarms.

I would like to request a rollback of the mentioned commit. See issue 61975

Here is a Solution from XDA forum by Xposed and download Version 6.2.0, Android 4.3 or older is well, you can flash older ROM

Enable BATTERY_STATS for KitKat
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.gsamlabs.xposed.mods.enablebatterystatspermission

Attachments

• BatteryPro_V15.0.3_XDA.apk
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,731
  • BatteryPro_V15.0.4_XDA.apk
    3.7 MB · Views: 983
  • BatteryPro_V15.1.0_XDA.apk
    3.7 MB · Views: 5,232
Last edited:

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
I have installed the latest version and as soon as I activated One power guard my phone was rendered useless. The phone instantly rebooted and reboots as soon as I try to do anything. I can't even uninstall the app because as soon as I touch the screen I get a reboot again. I really wanted this to work as it's plain to see the developer has put a great deal of time and hard work into developing this. It may be that I am getting these issues because I am using it on a pretty dated device (Galaxy S i9000) I hope that these issues can be sorted and it proves to live up to it's promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hiraethic

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
Works fine for me, a lot better than Green Power which I used before. No issues so far.

CM 10.2 based ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE

Wishlist:
- plugin for Locale or Tasker to support automatic change of profiles based on certain conditions
- more in-app information about settings ( http://www.twofortyfouram.com/developer)
- better localization
- allow for I/O-settings, Ril, vm, ... - not just saying that it does something, but tell what exactly does it do. Maybe in settings screen, not the toast message

Last edited:

Iceman

Apr 15, 2013
Georgetown[乔治市]
OnePowerGuard Pro Set SDCard R/W (Read/Write)

Hi
Everybody. Please give me a feedback!

Hi,

I just install you apps and just become are advance user as well:D, i have a questions here, how to Set SDCard R/W (Read/Write) in every mode. how to optimize sd card(read/white) ?? what conditions is the best for every mode. please explain and give me the guideline. Thanks.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: onexuan

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
I have installed the latest version and as soon as I activated One power guard my phone was rendered useless. The phone instantly rebooted and reboots as soon as I try to do anything. I can't even uninstall the app because as soon as I touch the screen I get a reboot again. I really wanted this to work as it's plain to see the developer has put a great deal of time and hard work into developing this. It may be that I am getting these issues because I am using it on a pretty dated device (Galaxy S i9000) I hope that these issues can be sorted and it proves to live up to it's promise.

Hi
Could you tell me your OPG version, what ROM you using and the kernel version? be sure to install OPG V3.7.0 or later OPG V3.7.0

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
Hi,

I just install you apps and just become are advance user as well:D, i have a questions here, how to Set SDCard R/W (Read/Write) in every mode. how to optimize sd card(read/white) ?? what conditions is the best for every mode. please explain and give me the guideline. Thanks.:D

First Thank you for your support!
I think 3072K is the best in most of the ROM, Here is an app that it can test sdcard speed https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ales.veluscek.sdtools

I usually set to 3072K.

In General, It is easy to consume battery if The speed rate is set smaller.

Reactions: afzi12

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
Works fine for me, a lot better than Green Power which I used before. No issues so far.

CM 10.2 based ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE

Wishlist:
- plugin for Locale or Tasker to support automatic change of profiles based on certain conditions
- more in-app information about settings ( http://www.twofortyfouram.com/developer)
- better localization
- allow for I/O-settings, Ril, vm, ... - not just saying that it does something, but tell what exactly does it do. Maybe in settings screen, not the toast message

1. Do you mean to make a plugin that Tasker can change profiles of OPG? if so. I think this is a good idea.
  2. Some in-app information is writed by blog, Because a lot of information.
  3. Yes. it is very important. This needs some help from enthusiastic users.
  4. OK. I will open some settings source.

Census Taker

Jun 7, 2008
Chinnor
I've been using this from the beginning and have always found it a great help. For me, one of the best things about it is that you don't have to be an expect to use it and can learn as you go along. Good to see a pro version out now. I have a question and a suggestion

Firstly, my license file is backed up but when I upgrade my device, is it easily transferable or is it device specific?

My suggestion; I should like to be able to set the app to change profiles at set times automatically, without having to use an external app; is this something you would consider?

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
Do you mean to make a plugin that Tasker can change profiles of OPG? if so. I think this is a good idea.
Great to read that! I appreciate!
<localization> Yes. it is very important. This needs some help from enthusiastic users.
Maybe you could post the relevant files here? possibly someone may grab it and try and improve the strings

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
I've been using this from the beginning and have always found it a great help. For me, one of the best things about it is that you don't have to be an expect to use it and can learn as you go along. Good to see a pro version out now. I have a question and a suggestion

Firstly, my license file is backed up but when I upgrade my device, is it easily transferable or is it device specific?

My suggestion; I should like to be able to set the app to change profiles at set times automatically, without having to use an external app; is this something you would consider?

1. the license file can be used when you upgrade your device, but they can't be used by other devices. the license files can not be shared.
2. I see. OPG Pro will support as quickly as possible, I was going to release this feature on the 5.0.0 version, but Spend a lot of time in the development of other functions.

dwaipayanray95

Jul 24, 2012
Pune
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 8T
Ive been using your app long enough...
I have Xperia Sola....your app makes the system lag slightly on stock rom
but when it comes to cm and aosp....man I have to say your app is mindblowing...

Yes people if you want to boost your battery stand by time.....this is the app!!

5 STARS :)

Chillout

Jul 15, 2008
It appears the app is not saving the settings on stock Xperia Z1 .257 rom... I hope this can be fixed?

But... still loving the app and decided to support it :)
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2086469

Hi onexuan,

Bought your app to support your development!

However immediately found some bugs in it v5.0.3:

1. if I set "nothing" in floating window, it will still show on desktop

2. Optimize SDCard in each configuration always minus a few Kb upon saved, eg. in Daily Mode, I saved it at 2072 K (not sure why I can't scroll to 2048, very unfriendly scroll method....) and then saved. The next time I go into Daily Mode, I will find the value to be 2030 K and saved again, the next time I get 2000 K and so on.

3. Why it's always "Not Configured" in other modes (not the one I applied), since I already configured and saved the config. I prefer you have it labeled as "Saved" and the current config to be "Applied". Does this make more sense? :)

4. When I exit (by keep pressing back), seems like your app won't exit properly, is the foreground app should be close and the "service" should be running in background instead? Just my 2cent.

5. After I upgraded, The "Upgrade" wording still on the left panel, my suggestion is to remove/hide it from paid user, what do you think? ;)

6. Can it auto detect my governor, as I'm using Devil's kernel which does not have say Powersave Gorvernor then I do not know which one I use, can I simply use the default governor of Devil's kernel? Does it have same effect (Powersave, Daily Mode, etc) if not using the recommended Governor?

FYI I'm using it on my Note 2 (N7100) with Supreme ROM v4.0 (JB 4.3 TouchWiz based, deodexed)

Hope my info helps! Thanks in advance! :good:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zkaar

Oct 13, 2012
Looks like after the second click I do, anywhere on this app, after setting a mode, the app crashes and freezes the phone, making it reboot.

I9505, FoxHound 3.4, Android 4.3, KT Kernel.
Yes, root was granted.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts