How to get into recovery from g2 apps rom v5?

Search This thread

colddecked

Jan 18, 2012
Posting here since I can not post on the development board yet.

F240L here, coverted it to e988 using the g2 apps rom v5 and i'm pretty happy with it but had some questions.

1. How do I get into recovery? Should I use the recovery app in the utility apps folder? Or is it safer to get into recovery when booting up?
2. Can I update to v5.5 from v5? Or do I have to go back to stock and then go to v5.5? Im guessing going back to my backup before flashing the rom would work, but it would be nicer if I could skip that step.

Any answers would be appreciated, thanks!

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
You can boot into recovery with whatever apps in utility folder, freegee offers a reboot function too. I don't think there is such a thing as it is safer to boot into recovery from powered off, I forgot the key combination for booting into recovery from powered off . You don't have to go back to stock to "upgrade" to v5.5. You probably won't see much improvement , also there's been report of instability of the v5.5 build.

Reactions: colddecked

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
Posting here since I can not post on the development board yet.

F240L here, coverted it to e988 using the g2 apps rom v5 and i'm pretty happy with it but had some questions.

1. How do I get into recovery? Should I use the recovery app in the utility apps folder? Or is it safer to get into recovery when booting up?
2. Can I update to v5.5 from v5? Or do I have to go back to stock and then go to v5.5? Im guessing going back to my backup before flashing the rom would work, but it would be nicer if I could skip that step.

Any answers would be appreciated, thanks!

Suffice to say it would be safe for you as well to know how to boot to recovery manually, especially when in bootloop situations. On my part I'm able to boot to recovery by 1.) pressing and holding both Vol. Up button and Power button, up until LG Logo appears then 2.) Once the LG screen disappears, i just constantly press Vol. down button twice then Power button afterwards. If the LG Logo re-appears i just keep on doing step 2.

As for g2 apps v5.5 rom, i just flashed it today,i'll try to be your notify you of any glitches i may encounter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can boot into recovery with whatever apps in utility folder, freegee offers a reboot function too. I don't think there is such a thing as it is safer to boot into recovery from powered off, I forgot the key combination for booting into recovery from powered off . You don't have to go back to stock to "upgrade" to v5.5. You probably won't see much improvement , also there's been report of instability of the v5.5 build.
    For boot into cwm: volume up, home and power off/on button

Sent from my LG-E986 using xda app-developers app