A Farewell and Goodbye

Search This thread

slade87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
Dear Community,

I decided to not continue developing for the x-mini pro for now.
Which basically means I will not release any new ROMs and will not provide any more support regarding the old ones.
The decision has been hard but I just can't put up with it anymore. There is a group of people who are very ungrateful and even send cuss at me to release updates or giving support and so on. I am not a slave and I am doing all of this besides my work, university and life. I am doing this in my freetime and I don't need to put up with this.
This doesn' mean everybody in the forums is like that the most people appreciate the work and thank me so let me return the thank you and thank you guys for your support.
Another reason for me leaving is the fact that my work is being used and modified, which is perfectly fine but using the same and calling it faster or better or tweaked or whatever else and later turns out nothing is changed and no credits annoys me.
Besides that I have been working on basically all the core functionality of RomManager and I feel like the project was taken from me while I had my exams and this makes me sad. However this is the only project I will keep working on as it is MY Baby.

As for all the people who supported me, I want to thank you for the great time I had.
As for my Donators I will provide you with links whenever (I don't know when or if) I make a new version for my personal use. Whatever you do with the link is your free decision. So all Donators thank you very much for your support!! I honestly appreciate it!

If I feel like working on ROM's again I'll let you know but for now I need a break from this.

norrie2204

Dec 10, 2010
Renton...Glasgow
for me your roms have been a pleasure and ive appreciated everything you have done,,i hope your happy in whatever life brings and wish you all the success in the world,take care

pumakkiotto

Mar 13, 2007
www.cashdisplay.tk
Dear Community,

Which basically means I will not release any new ROMs and will not provide any more support regarding the old ones.
The decision has been hard but I just can't put up with it anymore. There is a group of people who are very ungrateful and even send cuss at me to release updates or giving support and so on. I am not a slave and I am doing all of this besides my work, university and life. I am doing this in my freetime and I don't need to put up with this.
This doesn' mean everybody in the forums is like that the most people appreciate the work and thank me so let me return the thank you and thank you guys for your support.
Another reason for me leaving is the fact that my work is being used and modified, which is perfectly fine but using the same and calling it faster or better or tweaked or whatever else and later turns out nothing is changed and no credits annoys me.
Besides that I have been working on basically all the core functionality of RomManager and I feel like the project was taken from me while I had my exams and this makes me sad. However this is the only project I will keep working on as it is MY Baby.

As for all the people who supported me, I want to thank you for the great time I had.
As for my Donators I will provide you with links whenever (I don't know when or if) I make a new version for my personal use. Whatever you do with the link is your free decision. So all Donators thank you very much for your support!! I honestly appreciate it!

If I feel like working on ROM's again I'll let you know but for now I need a break from this.

you're one of the best of this community. I understand how you feel. I hope you change your idea as soon as possible,

Regards

Ravencz

Sep 22, 2010
Prague
It's sad to see developers leave such a small community but I totally understand your reasons. Good bye and good luck in your future projects ;)

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín

Ok bro no prob with that, if that annoys you, ill just stop working on it, but have this clear, my idea was improving it all i can, helping you, not stealing your idea, seems like it's a sin, so good luck and good bye.
Im gonna commit last changes, and then delete sources, you can delete my svn account
If that made feel you sad, think on all the time I put on rom manager, and now i feel like i lost my fkn time on some that wasn't even mine, and you say was taken from you?
I won't never get my time back again
At least i learned some android programming, and thank you for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: wspiders

MrGentlemen

Apr 6, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
It is sad that you stop you project6 that we all loved, but I understand that.
Life must go on and that is more important than this.

I have really love your work and will wait and hope that you continue whit it.

I wish you all luck.
Danke.

galvic

Apr 11, 2011
Dharamsala
No man! Why! Plz no! Your the greatest developer! Mini pro development forum without you is you bull****! Your roms are the best! CM6 by slade is the best rom i've used! If people copy your project, edit them and upload u shudnt give a ****! Coz whats original will always be original! Plz man no dont leave, ur the best and most helpful dev! Dont leave :'( :'( :'(

galvic

Apr 11, 2011
Dharamsala
Ok bro no prob with that, if that annoys you, ill just stop working on it, but have this clear, my idea was improving it all i can, helping you, not stealing your idea, seems like it's a sin, so good luck and good bye. Im gonna commit last changes, and then delete sources, you can delete my svn account If that made feel you sad, think on all the time I put on rom manager, and now i feel like i lost my fkn time on some that wasn't even mine, and you say was taken from you? I won't never get my time back again At least i learned some android programming, and thank you for that.

This also includes froyocomb n cyanocomb

Last edited:

Carpe-Dimi

Jul 13, 2011
I'm quite new to the posting part of these forums, but I've been running your roms for a while now and really liked em a lot, so would like to say thanks for all the effort you've put in :)

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín

Cyanocomb it's not based on cyano or slade's cm6 it's directly based on nAa work, anyway, i give credits to slade for anything from him on my roms, also my rom's have a Real improvement, it's not just text without sense, and froyocomb has been discontinued,can you read before talk?. I don't really know if slade it's talking about my roms, but i dont take him work, and no credits, on all my roms he was part of credits. Also for avoid all this, ill directly use nAa sources, like i did on CyaNoComb.
Also watch the way you write, sometimes people can get it offensive or annoy
thanks.

Last edited:

DanielFran

Aug 6, 2009
Thanks Slade for all great work you made!

Life continue, and I hope other devs will continue making mini pro roms...

obsidian_eclipse

May 25, 2011
Slade... thankyou for all your hard work. Those who keep plaguing you for updates aren't worth their salt. I started as a novice and managed perfectly fine with your ROMs, every update was a pleasure worth waiting for.

Good luck with your exams and your future!

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

mika-nl

Jan 2, 2011
/Home/mika
Thx Slade for all the nice times,
You learn me how a theme is working and how you can change it, you give me the spirit to do it !
Again Thx for the great roms what i can use for daily .
I hope your exams results are perfect because that is a important base for life.

Good luck and happy life !

Mika

( when you see a fault in my english fix it for your self)

Alexander1988

Jan 2, 2011
Bucharest
LG G4
OnePlus 7T Pro
Oh **** ! There goes another one. I can't for the love of everything that's holy understand why some people can't follow a handful of basic, common sense i might add, rules. The worst part is that everyone must now pay for a bunch of idiots who couldn't keep their mouths shut.

Really nice work Slade, u made a difference. Good luck in school and if u have a change of heart u know where to find us. All the best to you mate !

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

Last edited:

X10_minipro

Jan 21, 2011
Norrköping
Thanks for all the good roms n everything.
Hope you have a great life n I hope to see you again.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my U20i running FroyoComb, Made by Slade using Tapatalk

TimmyHate

Jun 9, 2011
Slade: All the best with whatever you do. You have some serious skills at this, and I hope one day you can find your way back to our humble device.

**** the haters. They're not even worth your time.

Enjoy your vaction/retirement/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

All the best.

konaes

Jan 24, 2011
Thank you for all the hard work slade, and good luck in whatever you decide to do next! It makes me genuinley sad that you're leaving, but as I browse around in these fora, I do understand that you feel unappreciated...
Remember though, that some of us read alot more than we write in here, and therefore go quite unnoticed, as opposed to the fellas that post before they think. But we exist and appreciate your work alot! Take care mate.

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear Community,

Holysh*t I'm not gonna let you retire, man.

Just enjoy your vacation and come back after that! I will have some gifts for you at that time ;)

Cyanocomb it's not based on cyano or slade's cm6 it's directly based on nAa work, anyway, i give credits to slade for anything from him on my roms, also my rom's have a Real improvement, it's not just text without sense, and froyocomb has been discontinued,can you read before talk?. I don't really know if slade it's talking about my roms, but i dont take him work, and no credits, on all my roms he was part of credits. Also for avoid all this, ill directly use nAa sources, like i did on CyaNoComb.
    Also watch the way you write, sometimes people can get it offensive or annoy
    thanks.
    Lots of love from Brazil, Slade. All my friends use your ROM for their mini pro, but very few post here, so I'll speak for them.

Your work here was much apreciated and you gave our little device an extra breath with your ROM.

I hope you decide to ignore the ignorants and reconsider the harsh decision of leaving your another baby. Take your time. We will be here for you.

Sent from my X10 Mini Pro w/ Slade's MiniCM6 6.01
    slade always remember you are the ****ing best mate!

ofcourse like dx said i hope that you will be back for the community!

but make your own decision

till that time enjoy your vacation

and always remember we all love you mate!