HTC One S and One X review now online

Search This thread

mremolt

Dec 29, 2010
No problem, really great article by the way!
I'm afraid, I have to spend quite a bit of money the next weeks.

cgmorris89

Apr 10, 2011
Manchester
asoapbox.proboards.com
Those who enjoy reading in depth reviews may be interested in our O2 HTC One X and O2 HTC One S review which has now been published on-line here.

Enjoy!

Just giving this a read now and noticed that it says:

"At the lower right of the back housing on the X are five copper connection ports, similar to those found on the hTC Desire, I'm hoping that these will be used to dock to both car and home cradles, but that is yet to be confirmed."

But, just to let you know, the HTC Desire doesn't have the 5 connection pins :D

Tekguru

Nov 2, 2003
Manchester UK
www.4winmobile.com
Glad you are enjoying it guys, and yes the One X is big, but not unusable!

Ref the copper ports and the Desire S, that should have read the HTC Rhyme and has now been corrected.

In a rush to publish and I missed that one so my thanks! There may be a few more points to correct yet as it was produced in record time! So apologies in advance and thanks for the spot! :)

Reactions: cgmorris89

sarge78

Nov 15, 2010
The X serves to follow the forefront of technology and uses a Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset with Quad Core 14.5Ghz CPU with a LP Enforce GPU, whereas the S uses the slightly older Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon chipset, Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU and Adreno 225 GPU

Hehe, does the One X come with a 1.8 Gigawatt battery too?

Oh and err technically the S4 Snapdragon is at the forefront of technology (new CPU architecture, expensive 28nm TSMC process etc) and Tegra 3 is just a heavily marketed beefed up old design (cortex A9 CPUs, cheap 40nm TSMC process, penny pinched features etc)

Marketing eh, more numbers always wins.

GalaxyS2R

Nov 9, 2011
london, England
i got the one s today for my girlfriend and i must say it is better than my xperia s by a country mile and i think the xperia s is brilliant. Also I played with the one x today it isnt too big atall and my word it is a brilliant phone.

if htc make phones similar to these two phones I will no doubt be getting a htc on upgrade next year.

shadow.8

Apr 17, 2010
Salt Lake City
Great review, I really enjoyed reading it.

How do you feel about the storage size in the One S? Do you think taking a lot of photos will fill the phone quickly? Honestly, that seems like the only real downside for me but I think I can learn to live with it.

Thanks again!

Tekguru

Nov 2, 2003
Manchester UK
www.4winmobile.com
Glad you enjoyed it. No real limitation as far as I've seen so far and I have taken a fair few shots with it! The camera of course says how many more shots can be taken and I think from memory it can handle a couple of thousand!

BTW if you guys would be kind enough to post queries in the thread of the review it'd be appreciated as I'm off on holiday for a few days and will be monitoring the thread only.

GalaxyS2R

Nov 9, 2011
london, England
Indeed, a heck of a phone and I'm sure your girlfriend is enjoying it!

The X is more of a fanatics phone I think myself with the extra features.

But I love them both!

The One X is much better obviously lol and when i have a spare £480 i will no doubt be buying one and when my upgrade is due next may, if the top of the range htc product is anything like these two now I will no doubt be getting a htc.

a few reasons she got the one s over the x

1)she finds the one X a bit too big for her

2)you only get the beats headsets in the uk via vodafone (so i have been told anyway and its the first 10,000 customers for each for the one x white, one x grey and one s grey, so first 30,000 customers). I know many say the beats audio is just a gimmick or the headsets are just a gimmick but actually they are fantastic imo i was using them on my sxs last night and they boost the sound straight away and dont get me started on what they sound like on the one x and one s, its just mind blowing.
for those of you who know about the power amp music player in play store(market) download it to your one s or one x and unlike the sensation xe/xl where power amp didnt work and you just had beats audio on or off as eqaulizers on the one series you have other presets aswell and power amp works with the beats audio preset and omfg you think the standard music player sounds good with beats audio try using power amp with beats audio it is the best music i have ever heard imo and i am a audiophile and i need to get a one x.
3) the one s is 5 pound cheaper a month 36 vs 41 (the contract is in my name and im payng the bills lol)

4) she likes the grey metal design of the one s

5) she would no way use 26gb of memory, so the 12gb on the one s is more than enough for her.

I really do concede though I wish I waited the extra month and put the extra 50 pound on and bought the one x over the xperia s not saying the xperia s is rubbish or anything as such just simply the htcs are better. the only things i see thats better on the sxs is the screen clarity due to having 342ppi and the notification led is both clearer to see and does more things and has more colours than just orange and green.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2012
Nice review mate. It genuinely helped me decide to go for the One S, because viewing your size comparison pictures I couldn't get on with the One X with daily use.

Just called T-Mobile and got it for £150, £10.70 a month tariff, 100 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Very happy with that. :)

Tekguru

Nov 2, 2003
Manchester UK
www.4winmobile.com
Glad the review has proved useful guys. Just updated it with respect to:

• Adding in the various camera modes which were accidentally cut from the original review prior to publishing
  • Additional One X photographs taken while in a wet and soggy weekend in Wales at various locations. Examples of various modes including Automatic, Panoramic, HDR and Close Up are shown
  • Example HD video taken in the rain of sheep in a field (best I could do with the weather we had)
Look forward to any further comments. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad you are enjoying it guys, and yes the One X is big, but not unusable!

Ref the copper ports and the Desire S, that should have read the HTC Rhyme and has now been corrected.

In a rush to publish and I missed that one so my thanks! There may be a few more points to correct yet as it was produced in record time! So apologies in advance and thanks for the spot! :)