[Guide] Spice mi 435 root and CWM

Search This thread

max_nair

Mar 10, 2013
435.jpg

do at your own risk i'll not take responsibilty for any damage
Spice mi-435 root and CWM
dear friends after lot of searching and testing, i have found a working CWM for mi-435

MI 435 rooting using Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry
- Make sure that USB debugging is on your device. To enable go to Settings - Development - USB debugging
- Extract the Rooting Kit on your PC and connect your phone. Don't turn on USB Storage
- In the Rooting kit folder you have extracted Click the Runme.bat file
- A command prompt will start now.
- Now you will just have to follow onscreen instructions.
- after that Your device will reboot.
- then you will be able to se supersu or superuser on your app drawer of phone.

Spice mi 435 CWM intructions
- first of all download the cwm435.img from below and put it in the root of your sdcard(i.e at /sdcard/)
- then install terminator emulator from here - terminal emulator
- after that using any root explorer app from here - Root explorer
- go to /system and find the file recovery-from.boot.p
- rename it to recovery-from.boot.p.bak
- after completing above step start terminal emulator type su hit enter.
- write the following code.
dd if=/sdcard/cwm435.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
hit enter.
- switch off your phone press the powerkey[on right] and volume down key together.
when you hear a vibration leave the power key and press only volume down key.
or
-you can use Quick boot from market for geeting in to recovery - Quick boot
that's it you can know see the CWM v.6 recovery.

downloadbuttonld.png

root tool kit download:

go here:Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry

Spice mi 435 CWM download:
CWM435.img
or
CWM435.img

original recovery
In case you dont like cwm you can use this file to switch back. use the same dd method above in quote instead of cwm435.img use recovery.img
recovery.img

- credit goes to Bin4ry for his tool kit and method.
- AGILFM for CWM file.
- me for testing.

Last edited:

Askganesha

Jan 16, 2011
Which rom is this

Hi please can you let me know which working rom are you using.

Regards

Abhishek
435.jpg

dear friends after lot of searching and testing, i have found a working CWM for mi-435

- Make sure that USB debugging is on your device. To enable go to Settings - Development - USB debugging
- Extract the Rooting Kit on your PC and connect your phone. Don't turn on USB Storage

- first of all download the cwm435.img from below and put it in the root of your sdcard(i.e at /sdcard/)
hit enter.
- switch off your phone press the powerkey[on right] and volume down key together.
or

downloadbuttonld.png

root tool kit download:

CWM435.img
or
CWM435.img

original recovery
In case you dont like cwm you can use this file to switch back. use the same dd method above in quote instead of cwm435.img use recovery.img
recovery.img

- AGILFM for CWM file.
- me for testing.

Reactions: mdfaisal825

mi-425

Jun 25, 2012
Please somebody tell me how is the battery backup of mi-435 in heavy usage.......

Sent from my Spice Mi-425 using xda app-developers app

mi-425

Jun 25, 2012
After full charge how much time it runs.....my phone runs for complete 24 hours and after that turns off.:banghead:

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I want to purchase this phone...Please somebody tell me about its backup and does this phone have a direct sim video call facility .Or we need any social app to video call.

Last edited:

max_nair

Mar 10, 2013
After full charge how much time it runs.....my phone runs for complete 24 hours and after that turns off.:banghead:

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I want to purchase this phone...Please somebody tell me about its backup and does this phone have a direct sim video call facility .Or we need any social app to video call.

bro battery backup of this phone is some what decent for normal use but for heavy users it sucks afterall it only has 1500mah battery..
you can create backup using CWM and does not have direct sim video call...

Reactions: mi-425

archie2912

Jul 13, 2013
Issues with TeamBURST mark 3 rom

Hi,

I installed the Mark 3 version of the ROM and have a problem that the upper half of the screen has the y-axis co-ordinates flipped.
That makes using the phone almost useless. I am trying to replace boot.img with original boot.img that was posted on the forums (do not have any backup of my phone's original stuff) lets see.
I do see they say Mark 4 supports 435 but the link to mark 4 was nowhere to be found
I found this link: d-h.stSLASHpFf but the file seems corrupted as Zipe utilities can't unzip it, I also tried to use their latest build but when I choose that .zip in recovery it fails. Only Mark 3 worked (and that too with the horrible screen issue).

Let me know if anyone has any inputs. Thanks for the post. (My 1st day of XDA today...)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Hi,

I installed the Mark 3 version of the ROM and have a problem that the upper half of the screen has the y-axis co-ordinates flipped.
That makes using the phone almost useless. I am trying to replace boot.img with original boot.img that was posted on the forums (do not have any backup of my phone's original stuff) lets see.
I do see they say Mark 4 supports 435 but the link to mark 4 was nowhere to be found
I found this link: d-h.stSLASHpFf but the file seems corrupted as Zipe utilities can't unzip it, I also tried to use their latest build but when I choose that .zip in recovery it fails. Only Mark 3 worked (and that too with the horrible screen issue).

Let me know if anyone has any inputs. Thanks for the post. (My 1st day of XDA today...)

Well that was a really important step which the Dev forums I guess assume for noobs to know.
Anyways, have to be grateful for everyone for these posts. Phone working like a charm.

And thanks max_nair for your post on TeamBURST with the boot.img file. Without that I would have been gone for all money (although small because the 435 is so cheap and now awesome)

Sirajmktplm

Jul 13, 2013
Unbrick

Sir pls help me for flashing stock rom on spice mi 435. Or upload stock bootanimation and stock fonts of spice mi 435 on meadiafire and give the download link

max_nair

Mar 10, 2013
Sir pls help me for flashing stock rom on spice mi 435. Or upload stock bootanimation and stock fonts of spice mi 435 on meadiafire and give the download link
Sirajmktplm bro sorry for late reply but why dont you try teamburst rom its stable than our official stock rom... and they have also added support for our phone.. i'm currently using TB mk 5.. its super ausome...
anywayz here is your
bootanimation.zip
and
fonts.zip

Last edited:

Sirajmktplm

Jul 13, 2013
Sirajmktplm bro sorry for late reply but why dont you try teamburst rom its stable than our official stock rom... and they have also added support for our phone.. i'm currently using TB mk 5.. its super ausome...
anywayz here is your
bootanimation.zip
and
fonts.zip

I am not able to flash both the files you givdn as my phone is having stock recovery only. And my phone is soft bricked also.
So help me to flash any Cwm recovery or to flash the stock rom

max_nair

Mar 10, 2013
I am not able to flash both the files you givdn as my phone is having stock recovery only. And my phone is soft bricked also.
So help me to flash any Cwm recovery or to flash the stock rom
bro i'm also a rookie like you and those files are not flashable zips.. ask any developer about your problem he may able to help you...

Sirajmktplm

Jul 13, 2013
thanks

anywayz here is your
bootanimation.zip
and
fonts.zip
Thanks man
I have succesfully flashed teambrust mk5 rom. It helped me unbricking my doftbricked mi 435. Thanks alot

Reactions: max_nair

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    435.jpg

dd if=/sdcard/cwm435.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
    hit enter.
    or

downloadbuttonld.png

root tool kit download:

CWM435.img
    or
    CWM435.img

original recovery
    recovery.img

- AGILFM for CWM file.
    - me for testing.
    Which rom is this

Hi please can you let me know which working rom are you using.

Regards

Abhishek
    435.jpg

hit enter.
    or

downloadbuttonld.png

root tool kit download:

CWM435.img
    or
    CWM435.img

original recovery
    recovery.img

- AGILFM for CWM file.
    - me for testing.
    cwm backup of stock rom

@max_nair can u pls send me the cwm backup of your rom..
    @Askganesha i'm using stock rom only.
    @rohit27590 sorry to say bro but i'm a 2g user nd my net sucks.. its not possible for me to upload Backup..
    Please somebody tell me how is the battery backup of mi-435 in heavy usage.......