[UTIL] CurrentWidget [Update] sp3dev kernel support!

Search This thread

Matzemink

Nov 15, 2008
Bavaria :)
Here is a simple but VERY useful tool!
A widget which shows the actual current.

2cq1ksz.png

Goodbye to such sayings like "My battery lasts 4-7 hours" or "about 10% per hour" ;)

The value refreshes every 30 seconds at most!
Set the update intervall to 1 min and leave your phone for 10 minutes in standby to check the standby current.
Note: Unplug the charger!
Note 2: It seems that you need a working battery driver!

I think we can use this thread for reporting the currents of the different builds (settings, kernels, WM ROMs etc.) to find the best battery saving build/combination.
So please report your best (standby) values here!! :)
(with Build, Kernel, WM Rom, maybe Radio ROM)

Download:

All devices:
Search in the market for "CurrentWidget" or download the CurrentWidget_v0.16.apk from below (and place it in /andboot/androidapps folder on your storage card).

Xperia X1 aka HTC Kovsky:
  • Linux MSM/Tremere's Kernel:
    With xdandroid build download CurrentWidget_v0.16.apk
    With CM6 and other builds download CurrentWidget_all.apk
  • sp3dev's Kernel:
    Take the market version or download CurrentWidget_x1.apk and place it in /andboot/androidapps folder on your storage card

Thanks to the developer Ran Manor!!
http://code.google.com/p/currentwidget/
There is also a donate version in the market

Attachments

• CurrentWidget_v0.16.apk
    33 KB · Views: 489
  • CurrentWidget_all.apk
    39.8 KB · Views: 433
  • CurrentWidget_x1.apk
    40.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Matzemink

Nov 15, 2008
Updated: 07.11.2010

Build: XDAndroid FRX01
Kernel: sp3dev's new kernel
WM ROM: Laurenti's 40MB ROM

Standby: 15mA - 30mA

Last edited:

matejdro

Jul 9, 2009
This widget wrote into logs that standby is using 8mA:eek:

I really doubt that this is correct. Anyone have simmilar issue? I have Neopeek CM6 with latest XDANDROID build.

denyboy

Sep 7, 2009
Sarajevo
Goodbye to such sayings like "My battery lasts 4-7 hours" or "about 10% per hour" ;)

This data is 100% correct becouse its true data.

If phone dies after 6 hours its 100% correct data.

% per hour is also correct and valid data becouse its measured in WM.

Who can guarantee that data from this application is true. It gets data via android...the same background as battery life and status which is incorrect.

Matzemink

Nov 15, 2008
This data is 100% correct becouse its true data.

If phone dies after 6 hours its 100% correct data.

% per hour is also correct and valid data becouse its measured in WM.
No it's not. Only the current is 100% correct.
You wanna say "4-7 hours" is correct?
You also can't say "the phone dies after 6 hours EXACTLY".. 6 hours standby? Light use? Heavy use? What means "light use" ?

Who can guarantee that data from this application is true. It gets data via android...the same background as battery life and status which is incorrect.
It's the same reading like in Tremere's "current.sh".
You wanna call Tremere's work into question? :D

Pete Rask

Dec 10, 2009
Hi

Build: 03-10-2010 Special Edition-CyanogenMod6.0 Sony Xperia X1
Kernel: XDAndroid-kernel dated 28-08-2010
WM ROM: Shady313 Make Your Own Series [23134 Release 1][29/08/10]

I'm running Neopeeks 03-10-2010 "Special Edition-CyanogenMod6.0 Sony Xperia X1". Followed all of the steps in Neo's setup exactly.

Have turned off absolutely everything in Android but I still get readings ranging between 650mAh in standby up to approx 820mAh according to my own readings and confirmed by the log.

Suggestions/ideas anyone in how to decrease the current?

denyboy

Sep 7, 2009
Sarajevo
No it's not. Only the current is 100% correct.
You wanna say "4-7 hours" is correct?
You also can't say "the phone dies after 6 hours EXACTLY".. 6 hours standby? Light use? Heavy use? What means "light use" ?
I always put all android ports under same enviroment and same configuration. And i test it for one hour without any use. So its reliable data for comparision.

And is there anything more reliable than the fact that with one port your phone works on stanby without any use for 4 hours, other for 6 hours, and other for 2 hours. This is 100% correct data.

Your phone can feed you with information that consumption is low and state is ex. 50% but who cares when in reality your battery is empty and your phone shuts down.

It's the same reading like in Tremere's "current.sh".
You wanna call Tremere's work into question? :D
As far as i know battery status and state is incorrect and not reliable in android ports for X1. What makes this data from this Widget reliable when it comes from same background as battery status and state.

Im not beeing offensive and im not an expert. Im just trying to see things logicly.

Matzemink

Nov 15, 2008
Have turned off absolutely everything in Android but I still get readings ranging between 650mAh in standby up to approx 820mAh according to my own readings and confirmed by the log.

Suggestions/ideas anyone in how to decrease the current?

It seems that you need a working batttery driver for correct readings..
so use Tremere's kernel 27/9..
Or did you still leave your charger plugged in?

Matzemink

Nov 15, 2008
Updated first post with a version for other android builds than xdandroid (i.e. CM6).
(Remember to use Tremere's kernel!)
Please report whether it works.

Frakatchoo

Dec 9, 2009
Paris
It's a nice tool ! Just a question... I don't have more place for widget, and don't want widget like this. So i search for the same tool but as an application (not a widget) with notification icon (Like "Battery Indicator"). Ran Manor please read me ;)

elburna

Jun 24, 2009
It's a nice tool ! Just a question... I don't have more place for widget, and don't want widget like this. So i search for the same tool but as an application (not a widget) with notification icon (Like "Battery Indicator"). Ran Manor please read me ;)

Yeah would love that too. I am used to BattClock from my old WM-Days. The actual current was always displayed in the NotificationBar and suprisingly it didnt use any battery although it was updated quite frequently... Any chances to implement this in Android?

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
299-399 while in use and 31 in standby.

CDMA HTC hero running CM6 nightly 103

Last edited: