[Q] Need ROOT & CR for Xperia Z1 C6906 14.1.G.2.257 Americas Claro (branded/Colombia)

Search This thread

Aham Prema

Oct 24, 2012
[Q] Need ROOT & CR for Xperia Z1 C6906 14.1.G.2.257 Americas Claro (branded/Colombia)

Please any tell me how to Root my Xperia Z1 (C6906) 14.1.G.2.257 Americas Claro (branded/Colombia) and if there are any custom roms that i can use with this phone. I am Canadian and speak very little Spanish please so much bloat ware and have tried all the root tools i could find but none work with this phone so far. Great phone but suck I bought it here in Colombia.

Last edited:

k.s.deviate

Dec 3, 2010
Calgary
Please any tell me how to Root my Xperia Z1 (C6906) 14.1.G.257 Americas Claro (branded/Colombia) and if there are any custom roms that i can use with this phone. I am Canadian and speak very little Spanish please so much bloat ware and have tried all the root tools i could find but none work with this phone so far. Great phone but suck I bought it here in Colombia.

Use vroot to root it, then follow @Nut guide in the dev section to upgrade and keep root. Also you can use @Nut rooted stock rom. It's very good and most firmware versions to choose from.

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Use vroot to root it, then follow @Nut guide in the dev section to upgrade and keep root. Also you can use @Nut rooted stock rom. It's very good and most firmware versions to choose from.

NEVER USE OR SUGGEST VROOT.

it send your IMEI number to an IP address in china. If you do feel the need to give this advice you should warn the user that this happens.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Please any tell me how to Root my Xperia Z1 (C6906) 14.1.G.257 Americas Claro (branded/Colombia) and if there are any custom roms that i can use with this phone. I am Canadian and speak very little Spanish please so much bloat ware and have tried all the root tools i could find but none work with this phone so far. Great phone but suck I bought it here in Colombia.

Follow the link in my signature to find a method that will leave you with root.

You should just be able to install dual recovery,

Please can you confirm the FTF version you mean
14.1.G.257?

As there seems to be some numbers missing

DO you mean
14.1.G.2.257?

If so, downgrade to 534 and install dual recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: k.s.deviate

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Wow I was not aware of this. :-S I apologize for giving the bad advice.. Kingo root maybe then?

There is no need to use any of these tools. If you follow the link in my signature you will see a 3 step method to end up on KK with root
There is no need to use any root tool or unlock the bootloader

k.s.deviate

Dec 3, 2010
Calgary
There is no need to use any of these tools. If you follow the link in my signature you will see a 3 step method to end up on KK with root

I always thought you needed to be rooted to install dual recovery.... I stand corrected... Thank you

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I always thought you needed to be rooted to install dual recovery.... I stand corrected... Thank you

On every other FW except 534 you do.

There is a vulnerability in 534 FW where the installer can gain temporary root and install dual recovery. Once you have this, you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain full root, or just flash a pre rooted 757 rom to get a fully rooted KK root.

Aham Prema

Oct 24, 2012
Yes running 14.1.G.2.257

Thanks for all your assistance

I updated to 14.1.G.2.257 but can´t find the stock firmware to downgrade. I did not make a backup because at the time there was nothing available to root this device at least that I could find so gave up on rooting. I seem to remember that the original firmware had 518 on the end and seem unable to comfirm this and there is no Stock FTF listed for Colombia in the "[FTF] C6902 & C6903 & C6906 & C6943 FTF Mega Collection" only C6906 14.1.G.2.257 Claro CO. Are you sure I can use the 534 and if so which one would I download?

Can I use other FTF´s or is there another way to downgrade or get back original firmware?

I would never buy a phone in this Country again, its not just the Phone you have but the country it is from that matters.

I have tried VROOT, 360 ROOT, KINGO, MASTER ROOT and none work with this device running C6906 14.1.G.2.257 Claro CO and unfortunately too late to avoid the issue you mentioned with VROOT.

magus1972

Mar 18, 2008

I have a Bell C6906 that is Carrier-locked. I successfully flashed .534, using Flashtool but I can't seen to get DualRecovery installed. I downloaded "Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.installer" from Nut's site, but when I run the install.bat file, it never detects the device when I connect the cable.

It just says:

Waiting for Device, connect USB cable now...

What mode does the phone need to be in for this step to work? I've tried to connect it while the phone was powered up into normal operation (which maps the phone's SDCard and SDCard1 to drive letters), didn't work. I've also tried connecting the cable while in either Fastboot or Flashmode, and neither of those worked.

Ultimately, I just want to achieve Root so my apps can work again with files on the external SD Card. Can I do that without DualRecovery?

I've unlocked, rooted, and flashed many ROM's on HTC and Samsung devices, and this is my first experience with Sony devices. I understand that the fault might lie with the carrier, Bell, for not allowing unlocking of the device.

Very frustrating, and any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I have a Bell C6906 that is Carrier-locked. I successfully flashed .534, using Flashtool but I can't seen to get DualRecovery installed. I downloaded "Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.installer" from Nut's site, but when I run the install.bat file, it never detects the device when I connect the cable.

It just says:

!

Phone needs to be turned on
Make sure you have usb debugging enabled.

Have the cable attached before you run the install.bat

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

I have tried VROOT, 360 ROOT, KINGO, MASTER ROOT and none work with this device running C6906 14.1.G.2.257 Claro CO and unfortunately too late to avoid the issue you mentioned with VROOT.

There is no root method (except for unlocking the bootloader) that works on 4.3 or 4.4 roms.

DO NOT USE VROOT it send your IMEI number to an IP address in china

Reactions: magus1972

Aham Prema

Oct 24, 2012
Help getting a little boxed in

Ok, can someone help me figure this out. I upgraded to 14.1.G.2.257 on my sony xperia c6906 and I need to downgrade to 14.1.G.1.534 so that I can get partial root and install dual recovery. I need to use the flashtool to do this and first I need to backup the TA Partition to not lose warranty but I can´t do that until I root or unlock the bootloader but if I do this I can not backup the TA partition. Does anyone know a way out of this loop and a solution to this conundrum.

Thank you

Aham Prema

Oct 24, 2012
XDA Stumped?

Am I stuck until there is a root for 4.2 without unlocking the bootloader?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NEVER USE OR SUGGEST VROOT.

it send your IMEI number to an IP address in china. If you do feel the need to give this advice you should warn the user that this happens.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Follow the link in my signature to find a method that will leave you with root.

You should just be able to install dual recovery,

Please can you confirm the FTF version you mean
    14.1.G.257?

As there seems to be some numbers missing

DO you mean
    14.1.G.2.257?

If so, downgrade to 534 and install dual recovery
    Wow I was not aware of this. :-S I apologize for giving the bad advice.. Kingo root maybe then?

On every other FW except 534 you do.

There is a vulnerability in 534 FW where the installer can gain temporary root and install dual recovery. Once you have this, you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain full root, or just flash a pre rooted 757 rom to get a fully rooted KK root.

It just says:

!

Phone needs to be turned on
    Make sure you have usb debugging enabled.

Have the cable attached before you run the install.bat

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

There is no root method (except for unlocking the bootloader) that works on 4.3 or 4.4 roms.

DO NOT USE VROOT it send your IMEI number to an IP address in china