[Q] Dell Venue Pro; Update failed, recover not successfull

Search This thread

dcpromo

Mar 11, 2010
Hello there,

my "new" Venue Pro arrived yesterday and i just started to test it.
It had a very old firmware, not even mango ... so i startet updates by zune.

After the third update (for wlan problems, i think it was the "latest" wp7 update) i get an error .... so i restartet the phone an tried again, no success.
I read a lot, not even the microsot update tool could help. So i startet the recover in zune over settings, updates.

The update startet and now i always get an error by 61%. I read a lot again, i even tried to backup it from another comuter (copied image %appdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft Phone Update) but the same problem.

So, my "new" phone doesent start any more ... it just loads to the bootloader ...

I tried to get any offiziel firmware to flash the device to "standard" but i seams hat MS dont want this.

I knew a little bit about flashing WM6 devices (HSPL & custom fw) but with WP7 devices i dont really understand what to do in this situation.

I hope you can help me! Can i download the dell firmeware someware to recover the phone? maybe someone have a "personal recover firmware" for me?

Thx

dcpromo

Mar 11, 2010
So, i downloaded VenuePro_flash_GLEOS2A_US_TMO_SIGNED_SWV0105_LP0030_RV001_RETAIL.ffu and thought, everthing is getting fine.

But i had no idea how i can install this!

I´m reading hours and hours, tried to use UpdateWP.exe (crash on 2 computers, where NO MS Support tools are installed), Windows_Phone_7_Backupv1.9, MangoB2-ZuneClient, Zune 4.7 .... no success.

Could sombody please tell me, how i can install this on Windows 7 x64? I dont know what to do ...

dcpromo

Mar 11, 2010
I get this message when i try to updatewp it;

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer fo
r 'wm7update.Program' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Coul
d not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate, Version=7.0.0
.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ddd0da4d3e678217' or one of its dependencies
. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly referen
ce. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutr
al, PublicKeyToken=ddd0da4d3e678217'
at wm7update.Program..cctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
gging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
ion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at wm7update.Program.Main(String[] args)

See also here: http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/85864/516966.aspx

As i said before, there is no (more) Microsoft Update Software on my computer and on the second there never was it.

Mybe i could handle it with the "MangoB2 Updater" .... but i cant download this anywhere.

I really have no luck :-(

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Do not panic yet. You have different versionsof zune or updatewp /missing files
Deinstall everything related to zune.DONT TOUCH EVERYTHING RELATED TO MS SUPPORT TOOLS, IF ITS INSTALLED IT DOESNT INFLUE ON PROCESS!!!
Install Net framework 3.5, 4;
Install Zune(take it from zune.net);
Install wp7 updatetool from zip attached here here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415 with proper x64 file.
Follow those steps after connecting device in download mode:
Extract command prompt to C:\program files\zune\
go to directory to “C:\program files\zune\ and run Command prompt. Type in : “UpdateWp /list” and your phone should show up there.
If your phone is listed (it should be) and your download is done and extracted, copy the VenuePro_flash_GLEOS2A_US_TMO_SIGNED_SWV0105_LP003 0_RV001_RETAIL.ffu file over to the” C:\program files\zune\” directory.
Type in: “updatewp /ffu VenuePro_flash_GLEOS2A_US_TMO_SIGNED_SWV0105_LP003 0_RV001_RETAIL.ffu” enter, update should start.

Attachments

• cmd.zip
    117.6 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

dcpromo

Mar 11, 2010
YES IT WORKS!

Great, now i can start my dell venue pro again and even updating is functional.

But why can´t i change the display language? :eek: I tought i´m able to change the display language in this roms? In all WP7 phones (in germany) i could change the language at the first start (and after a reset).

:eek::eek::eek:
*argh!*

On this site i found language packs, but that is a little bit ... argh?!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

Last edited: