{Tablet Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.1 - Android 4.2.2 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
HOWTO

Install instructions:
first time
- power off the phone:
- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
- fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
- fastboot reboot
- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
- flash rom zip
- flash gapps zip
- wipe
- reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
http://unrestrict.li/FXP

Last edited:

butcher211

Jan 7, 2011
Berlin, Germany
Hmm, im thinking of buying this device now... this CM was released after sony's aosp release on github or before?
@FXP: how much costs a bottle of your favourite beer in USD ? :)

Kali-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2010
Roma
Hmm, im thinking of buying this device now... this CM was released after sony's aosp release on github or before?
@FXP: how much costs a bottle of your favourite beer in USD ? :)

we released rom after aosp source, but there is no direct relation

It doesn't work (no boot logo showed up). Also tried vol up + power (release after blue flash and 3' blue flashes + vol up) also nothing.

press volume when led is purple

sploony

Apr 28, 2006
we released rom after aosp source, but there is no direct relation

press volume when led is purple

Hi I got the same issue. Boot.img has been flashed, but I can't get any bootlogo, or even screen activity. Might be my most expensive brick bought ... ever :(

I'm still able to boot into flashmode and Fastboot mode. Unfortunately I cant flash a proper, original ROM using the flashtool.

I really hope I overlooked something really stupid, could someone point me to to a solution? :)

Thanks in advance!

Kali-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2010
Roma
i doubt it's a brick
is your tab wifi or 3G ?
flashtool 0.9.10.2 beta to flash all Z series

sploony if it's a wifi one come to #freexperia channel on freenode

Hi I got the same issue. Boot.img has been flashed, but I can't get any bootlogo, or even screen activity. Might be my most expensive brick bought ... ever :(

I'm still able to boot into flashmode and Fastboot mode. Unfortunately I cant flash a proper, original ROM using the flashtool.

I really hope I overlooked something really stupid, could someone point me to to a solution? :)

Thanks in advance!

Dude, I was having same problem. Mine is a wifi only. It's not bricked, just download system dump suitable for your device (wifi or lte) and flash it with flashtool. HTH.

sploony

Apr 28, 2006
i doubt it's a brick
is your tab wifi or 3G ?
flashtool 0.9.10.2 beta to flash all Z series

sploony if it's a wifi one come to #freexperia channel on freenode

Thanks for your fast reply! I got the wifi version (32GB). I'm downloading the AOKP version, hoping that helps. Gonna take me about 10 min, but I'll be joining freenode in the mean while.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Dude, I was having same problem. Mine is a wifi only. It's not bricked, just download system dump suitable for your device (wifi or lte) and flash it with flashtool. HTH.

OK, gonna give the system dump a try first. Downloading that one, is a lot faster anyway :)

I was really looking forward on trying the CM10.1, or any 4.2.2 Android version. Just because I'm sharing this tablet with my wife (any waterproof == wife proof in my case), it was really usefull to setup multiple accounts on 4.2.2

offtopic: On my S3 I got multiboot, so I can boot in CM or any other ROM, no matter what kernel. That would be even better, if it exist for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z.

sploony

Apr 28, 2006
I use this FW xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2245774
Mine SGP311 (WIFI 16GB), yours must be SGP321 or SGP312 (don't know which one for wifi 32gb). I don't know if it'll work with your device.

Mine is a SGP312. Not sure if the SGP311 will work. Does anyone have the original firmware for the SGP312? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    But will it work with 4.3 :eek: ?

Maybe they will, maybe not. Too early to tell, but I'm guessing it's more likely that 4.2 GSS blobs will work with 4.3 than 4.1 GSS blobs - Qcom made a bunch of changes midway through 4.2 that resulted in most 4.2 GPU blobs stomping on 4.1/4.0 modems on MSM devices, and the GSS on APQs is pretty much sitting where the modem does on MSMs as far as the SMD channels go.
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    My gut feeling says we will be able to make GPS work after we get better stuff in terms of newer stock build.

Regarding speed of fix, remember the pollux windy doesn't have a modem and thus cannot use cell triangulation to get a quick location to help with faster GPS fixing. I hesitate to say AGPS as I can't remember if that's the correct term for cell triangulation to feed faster fixes.

I took my tablet for some extended use and honestly I actually find it brilliant - I have a nexus 10 and find the tablet Z can outlast or match the nexus in use.

I also did a test and left the nexus 10 in sleep for 8 days (and counting... Now on 10). No reboots there on the nexus (some people had them, that's unrelated), and only 1% battery used to idle.

I reckon with a little tweaking we can get qualcomm devices down to similarly low power consumption.
    I've never had any problems on stock with slow GPS.

And if your goal is to run CM - I'd avoid the next Note 10.1. Only two CM maintainers got the last Note 10.1, and of them, one has mostly retired, and the other is currently trying to fix GPS on the wifi Z. ;)
    Basic upbringing is already done. The only thing needed is to eliminate all the phone related stuff (baseband and mobilenetwork stuff in settings). I coudn't get it to work with the overlay.

It may be that some of that needs to be moved out of fusion3-common and into the device-specific repos. Will take a look tonight or tomorrow, basing the approach on smdk4412-common