[Q] Where is the text that's displayed on the full disk encryption unlock screen?

Search This thread

cl0ney

Oct 7, 2007
Hi guys! Thanks in advance for your help.

I think I need a serious Android Guru to help me figure this one out. What I'm looking for is the origin of the text displayed on the "Full Disk Encryption" screen that's shown on bootup of an encrypted device.

In other words, when you boot an encrypted device, it prompts, asking "please enter the password to unlock this device" or something similar... In the ROM I'm using, that text is in Hungarian. I would like, at the very minimum, to convert that back to English. However, I thought it would be extremely cool to replace it with my contact info, in case I lose the device and it gets rebooted.

So does anyone know where that text string is stored on the device? Would it be plausible to be able to edit that text, even through a hex editor?

Thank you guys SO much. I've searched everywhere (and quite exhaustively) and havent found a single solution, or even a hint thereof. My next option is to dump the contents of a ROMs ZIP and do a grep.

cl0ney

Oct 7, 2007
Wow, no one?
(Sorry about the bump. I thought I posted this two days ago.)

Last edited:

cl0ney

Oct 7, 2007
I'm still unable to find any info to help answer this question? Would anyone out there please help me out? I did a dump and I still can't find it. I don't know what else to do?

Thank you SO much!

Last edited:

cl0ney

Oct 7, 2007
Apparently, its a mystery that no one knows. I even asked in the DJL ROM's thread and it was ignored.

If anyone can help, please let me know? Thanks,

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
Hi guys! Thanks in advance for your help.

I think I need a serious Android Guru to help me figure this one out. What I'm looking for is the origin of the text displayed on the "Full Disk Encryption" screen that's shown on bootup of an encrypted device.

In other words, when you boot an encrypted device, it prompts, asking "please enter the password to unlock this device" or something similar... In the ROM I'm using, that text is in Hungarian. I would like, at the very minimum, to convert that back to English. However, I thought it would be extremely cool to replace it with my contact info, in case I lose the device and it gets rebooted.

So does anyone know where that text string is stored on the device? Would it be plausible to be able to edit that text, even through a hex editor?

Thank you guys SO much. I've searched everywhere (and quite exhaustively) and havent found a single solution, or even a hint thereof. My next option is to dump the contents of a ROMs ZIP and do a grep.

I don't think its possible but have you set the contact info on lock screen? Maybe that'll help or you can always turn encryption off and set a screen lock ;)