is it safe to update my rooted s3 currently running 4.1.2

Search This thread

ody12

Jan 19, 2014
Ok so is it safe to update a rooted phone or can it get bricked? I have a tmobile s3 currently running 4.1.2 and I want to update it but I want to know if its safe

Thanks in advance

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
If you're rooted and want a stock rooted 4.3 install, I highly recommend root66 thread. Stock installs are best done from scratch because modified system/app can stop the update or cause issues.

If you have a custom stock ROM you can just flash 4.3 ROMs from recovery. (TWRP, CWM)

I'd stick with the current boot loader you have if possible in case you want to downgrade later on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
In addition to what Last Sidekick said, I suggest you should read up on the effects and issues of 4.3 update. Particularly Knox and Warranty bit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're rooted and want a stock rooted 4.3 install, I highly recommend root66 thread. Stock installs are best done from scratch because modified system/app can stop the update or cause issues.

If you have a custom stock ROM you can just flash 4.3 ROMs from recovery. (TWRP, CWM)

I'd stick with the current boot loader you have if possible in case you want to downgrade later on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk