[Q] Downgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.3.3

Search This thread

theposeidon

Feb 2, 2012
Hi Everyone!.. New to XDA and it's really helpful.
However, I am unable to find the answer to my query...

I have a HTC Wildfire S. Great phone don't get me wrong. I updated the software to 2.3.5 and I've hated it ever since :( Everyone moans about the "lock screen" but I don't have a problem with that. It's the fact it's slower and I am unable to root it.

Hence my question.. can you downgrade a WFS to 2.3.3 from 2.3.5?

All help would be appreciated :)

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
you can do it , but also you can root it ! since you have an unlocked bootloader or s-off you can get permanent root using superoneclick , and flash custom recoveries and others !

salmantm7

Apr 10, 2012
downgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.3.3

hello i wanna know the procedure to downgrade my htc wildfire s.I also wanna know that will downgrading help in removing the "RELOCK" status of my phone to "LOCKED" for warranty purpose
. PLease help me I want my warranty

gryzly123

May 30, 2012
Guess what? It's old thread bump time! :)

My father wants to take my old Wildfire S (GSM) as I don't need it anymore ('updated' to Nexus 4). However I had CM7 on it and he disliked it for being different than Sense he knew from his Desire Z. I installed custom Sense 3.5 but he didn't fancy it either.

I can go back to stock 2.3.5 Android as I have it in my CWM backup folder in PC, but I know it will work similar to what I have now, that's why I need a tutorial how to go back to stock 2.3.3. :confused:

TL;DR - I must flash stock 2.3.3 on GSM Marvel.

Thanks in advance ;)

Alaadragonfire

Apr 15, 2012
Amman
Google Pixel 4a
Guess what? It's old thread bump time! :)

My father wants to take my old Wildfire S (GSM) as I don't need it anymore ('updated' to Nexus 4). However I had CM7 on it and he disliked it for being different than Sense he knew from his Desire Z. I installed custom Sense 3.5 but he didn't fancy it either.

I can go back to stock 2.3.5 Android as I have it in my CWM backup folder in PC, but I know it will work similar to what I have now, that's why I need a tutorial how to go back to stock 2.3.3. :confused:

TL;DR - I must flash stock 2.3.3 on GSM Marvel.

Thanks in advance ;)

Here you go follow the steps ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23435449

from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app

Reactions: gryzly123

Top Liked Posts