Getting my Xplay Wednesday Stoked!

Search This thread

leerpsp

May 13, 2011
not saying
I had the xperia play and update from the lg ally and it was a good phone but I called them up befor the 14 days was up and got me a droid 3 for $10 and if I was you do that and they will add the $10 to the bill for you because the few days I had the play I was thinking hell ya then it just started to suck big time and now that I have my droid 3 it makes they xperia play look like the ally lol

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

W

weeo

Not a Troll? Let's look at the facts:

1. You state you used to own one, but in the long list of phones in your sig, there's no mention of the Play.

2. The OP wasn't looking for anyone's opinion, he was just expressing his excitement at getting the Play, and I'm sure, looking for welcoming comments, not criticisms.

3. Your first statement was how you hated the Play but it was ok for him since he was coming from the LG Ally, which you later state you weren't even familiar with.

4. The screen was too low down to the bezel? What the heck does that even mean? This is an illogical statement.

5. As stated previously, you touted the camera as being the only feature you liked, which is probably the least favorable feature. This is yet another strong indication that you, sir, are talking out of your sit-upon.

Add all that up and it equals TROLL.

Whoa dude. I don't mention bad phones in my sig. Don't have space for Huawei and XperiaPlay. Disregard that before the Hardcore lovers come start a forum war. Well I'm sorry, I liked the camera. I like all Sony cameras, and the screen is to close to the navigation keys on the bezel. As a Ex xperia play owner, I did not know you cannot visit the sub section of the forum. Dude, calm down, just Coz I don't like the phone doesn't mean its bad. I just didn't like it. I haven't got influence over it. Calm down bro, have a custard cream.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Zombie Taco

Mar 6, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, ID
If I was to get a different phone I would go for the Rezound, but I doubt Verizon would sell me it for 10 bucks. I think I might root it once I have it for a while.

W

weeo

Not a Troll? Let's look at the facts:

1. You state you used to own one, but in the long list of phones in your sig, there's no mention of the Play.

2. The OP wasn't looking for anyone's opinion, he was just expressing his excitement at getting the Play, and I'm sure, looking for welcoming comments, not criticisms.

3. Your first statement was how you hated the Play but it was ok for him since he was coming from the LG Ally, which you later state you weren't even familiar with.

4. The screen was too low down to the bezel? What the heck does that even mean? This is an illogical statement.

5. As stated previously, you touted the camera as being the only feature you liked, which is probably the least favorable feature. This is yet another strong indication that you, sir, are talking out of your sit-upon.

Add all that up and it equals TROLL.

Takes one to know one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
Do yourself a favor when you have a play, get onlive.

If there is 1 app that makes every phone but the play look stupid its that one.

Zombie Taco

Mar 6, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Anyone with a Verizon play will doubtfully see 4.0. And I'm waiting by the window ready to freak-out when the UPS guy gets here. This is me right now.
146fs495919.gif

Insane PPC

Aug 18, 2008
Granite Falls, NC
haters gonna hate...

but i like my play...dare i say its been my favorite phone yet in my 1.5 decades of phones :)

now get some of those 50 cent games on the market before they are gone!

ricosuavez35

Oct 19, 2011
Montreal
its a great phone

i think its a great phone ,but maybe not for everyone ...i love my PSP(m33) even if my friends preferred the ipod ...so this is a step up for me ,i could not see myself playing emulators on a touch screen
my next phone will be an android-ubuntu phone and i hope the play2 will have that option:D

Last edited:

brsingr

May 12, 2011
Alta Loma
Congrats! I got mine over the weekend and I'm loving it. Playing Zelda Majora's Mask and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow among other great games I loved as a kid is priceless.

You might want to check this sale that is going on for the relaunch of the android market as google play (Dead Space is $0.49 as well!).

EDIT: can't post the link but google it out :p

Have fun with your new XP! :D
what did you use to play Majora's mask? and was it at full or close to full speed?
and have you tried OOT?

im just wondering because i may get the xplay soon.

killardkaiser

Mar 24, 2012
i think it's good

i got mine for 159 euro and its the best phone ive ever had compaired to my old htc wildfire but i think it does lagg in some games like mc3 and gta3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm getting my Xperia Play on Wednesday. It took me a while to decide to get it, I wanted the Rezound. But I'm getting more and more excited about getting it, plus it was free. I didn't like the somewhat outdated hardware, but coming from the worst android Satan ever though of the LG Ally I should see a performance boost. This is 4 Ally's later and Verizon refusing to give me a Rezound or even honoring a deal on Friday that ended Wednesday. They also dropped my data package as I had to move to a basic phone for about a month, I had unlimited data which you can't even get now. But I can't wait to play some sweet online gaming anywhere I want. Bathroom breaks are going to be a little longer from now on.
    I've been looking through the dev forum, but I still don't know if I want to root it or not. I had my Ally rooted, romed, and overclocked. 4 of them with hardware issues, I hate them. I think the battery went bad on the latest one, and the ear piece stopped working. So to an Xplay it is :D

Rooting is almost necessary with Verizon's version of this phone. The UI is much different from the GSM XP, it's loaded with Verizon crapware, and there are other tweaks that most find necessary that will require root.

The locked bootloader is something you can live with, though I love the fact that I have mine unlocked. $24 well spent.

For roms right out of the box, I would recommend Cola Rom. I had that for a while until I unlocked, and now I'm on CM7. Which, neither of these two roms have had a single problem with the gamepad since I've had the phone. CM7 has problems with touchpads in specific games, but I can't be sure which, as I mostly play emulators.

I actually went from LG Ally to Samsung Fascinate to the XP. The Fascinate is a great phone with lots of support, but I got bored with it. I'm a classic gamer, and the touchscreen controls just weren't doing it for me.