[DISCUSSION][DEV] CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG - Official topic

Search This thread

spawk

Jul 10, 2011
Mons,Bergen
Hello to all, I'm still waiting to buy this phone :). Could someone say me his/her oppinion of ICS on this phone, and also the general "satisfaction"(sorry for my english...). Thanks in advanve to all of your answers ;)

Enviado desde mi Vodafone 858 Smart/Huawei u8160, ROM CyanogenMod 7.2

for price is a good smartphone at 89 EUR and for ICS like you look DEV in Progres subscrib to the thread and folow the feed :p

nganipcuy

Nov 26, 2011
Y U NO UPDATE!?

i'm so exited when i see this...
but i see this over a month maybe...
sorry for spamming... but i'm still waiting :(

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Please help me ??? I am wondering that this BETA 4, what kernel we should use it, do we need to unlock bootloader first ??? thanks...

you can use 2.3.4+, use CWM to flash
you should, for void brick

farokz

Jul 10, 2011
Anyone who has tried the beta7 can tell if there are any probz regard to it or noo??? Plz need sum help n guide on this thing.....

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

-=LT-United=-

Jun 4, 2011
WinnerStart.com
I installed Beta 7, but there is no Lithuanian keyboard. Please add it ;). Also, i can't install facebook app, because "there is no space" but Internal memory is 21mb, external 6gb. Any suggestions?
Edit:
Also problems with time: it is wrong....
Edit 2:
Ram is always under 90mb and it is little laggy :/. I think this ROM is still not usable...

Sent from my piece of **** using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

vilray

Apr 10, 2012
HELP!!!

Where i can get the gapps for this rom?
I found a problem that when I call.People who talk to me can't hear me at all.
What should I do to solve this problem?
Sorry for bad english...

japoina92

Dec 20, 2011
Jerez D.L.F
Where i can get the gapps for this rom?
I found a problem that when I call.People who talk to me can't hear me at all.
What should I do to solve this problem?
Sorry for bad english...

the problem of the microphone is in beta 4 of maclaw. this is fixed in beta 7 but if you use MIUIv4 based on maclaw or CM9 beta4 of maclaw will have the problem of micro.
I hope I have helped thanks
sorry for my bad English :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: vilray

rankkii

Dec 28, 2011
the problem of the microphone is in beta 4 of maclaw. this is fixed in beta 7 but if you use MIUIv4 based on maclaw or CM9 beta4 of maclaw will have the problem of micro.
I hope I have helped thanks
sorry for my bad English :rolleyes:

Beta 7 also had problems with mic..i flashed it on mebiteks cm7.2 rc1 with xwkg5 baseband.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

Last edited:

kayzm

Feb 16, 2012
Hồ Chí Minh
I have something to say, i have flashed the rom and it says ready to use but when i reboot my phone it just appear a white screen and stuck in there, i upgraded from Squadzone's CM7 rc5.7 rom, i have flashed 10 times but it unchange, do i need flash from beta 4?
Sorry for my bad english

force_close

Mar 15, 2012
Giuseppe Meazza
I have something to say, i have flashed the rom and it says ready to use but when i reboot my phone it just appear a white screen and stuck in there, i upgraded from Squadzone's CM7 rc5.7 rom, i have flashed 10 times but it unchange, do i need flash from beta 4?
Sorry for my bad english

Have u wipe data n cache?

Sent From my Nokia 8250 using internet

razzey

Apr 10, 2012
nairobi
i had the white screen too, you just have to wait for a really long while and it will progress....also does anyone have a problem with the data network....because i cant connect to the net and when i go to apn it has a force close:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I doubt he will reply. There's no money in it for him lol

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
    Check download and development topic ....release will be here today!!!!Hit thanks if I helped you

Probably not... especially because of you. Maclaw seemed very pissed off and I would be too if I was him. Why can't you use this topic for general discussion and leave the one for developing clean!?
    If the moderator is cleaning it as often he can, it doesn't mean that you can spam it!
    Stop posting useless comments on the development thread! The ROM has not been released yet so there nothing to talk about in that thread so keep your mouth shut and wait.

If you agree with me, you could help me a lot by clicking the "Thanks" button.

To use the best ICS, should I upgrade from XXKPK or what? And must I flash it via CWM 5.0.2.6?
    Sorry, my English is not good

Yes ,you should flash it using CWM but it is better to upgrade ur CWM to 5.0.2.7 or 8.There nothing like that to upgrade form so and so.Just wait for Maclaw to release his beta 4 and flash it through CWM.:)
    INSTRUCTIONS:-(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED)
    FIRST DOWNLOAD CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4 ZIP AND GAPPS.

1) Place the zip files into your Sdcard.
    2)Reboot your phone into CWM(clock work recovery mode)PRESS POWER BUTTON+MENU BUTTON
    3)Wipe your cashe,data,go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats.
    4)Now go to install zip from sd-choose zip from Sdcard-then select the zip file (CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4) which you placed it in the sdcard.
    5)It takes hardly 4 to 5 mins. now wipe cashe and data.
    6)Flash the gapps zip .
    7)Now restart your phone.
    Note:-First boot takes much time (after installation):):D
    DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF THIS HELPED YOU:p
    CM9 layout update - fixes some app layouts:

1 ) Phone.apk
    2 ) DeskClock.apk
    3 ) Mms.apk
    4 ) Contacts.apk
    5) Trebuchet.apk

Updated framework-res.apk (Note: It messes up window animations a little)

1 ) Weather can now be set on lock screen etc.
    2 ) Carrier label still not visible.
    3 ) Circle in notification bar still not in the middle.

You can PM me if you know how to solve those issues.

Update is flash-able .zip, but it is recommended to backup your files and install my provided .apk's one by one using adb

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45530921/cm9-layout-update.zip
    Flashable zip

very easy to fix it. Just flash this file via CWM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1gcd4438342az8d
    (please don't mirror my link. thanks )