[APP] [1.14 @ 14/Feb/2011] ROM Updater

Search This thread

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello!

I've just released on the Market my new ROM Updater!
Differently from koush's ROM Manager, this one is stand-alone repository based, it's freeware and ad-free. It can be easily integrated in your own ROM and it allows you to download full or incremental (if available) updates.

Besides updating your system, it allows you to automatically perform some recovery actions, such as cache/data wipe and backup just clicking on a menu item.

Comments, ideas and donations are welcome :)

Read more on my website: http://www.elegosproject.org/android-rom-updater

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
The application reached the version 1.7, a lot of downloads but still no one who use it. I thought it was outstanding (for ROM modders/developers) to have such an instrument for free, but I think I was wrong.

By the way, I've updated the webpage with more content, for example how to automatically create incremental updates. I tried with the latest versions of some ROMs and there is a huge improvement in zip lightweight.

Let me know.

Reactions: anurag_xpert

elban

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
Venice
www.opbyte.it
The application reached the version 1.7, a lot of downloads but still no one who use it. I thought it was outstanding (for ROM modders/developers) to have such an instrument for free, but I think I was wrong.

The kind of tool you bravely developed may be considered a bit sensitive, people will need to be sure it is stable before adopting it.
So please hold on because I (and probably many others) think it's the perfect kind of tool for us rom modders and tweakers :)

samo_nz

Mar 10, 2010
you need to get this thing started by including CM nightlies etc without a server needing to be entered, also the title in the program makes it look way to WP7 style..

just some constructive criticisim, no flames please guys:)

Great app always disliked ROM manager for restricting features without paying, I prefer to donate because I like the app not because I have to

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
@elban: test test test test and test again :)
@soccerdon1981: of course you can :) Directly link the website ^^
@samo_nz: well, I thought about setting a standard repository, but it's even phone-independent, so if I set one for, i.e., the Nexus One, all the others may dislike it. This is an "unbranded" application, and I've wrote on my website how to "embed" a ROM repository directly in the ROM :) . As of the title, yeah it sucks, but I can't edit it :p

@all: good news for everyone :) I've released my incremental.jar (+ sources). This program allows you to create incremental updates with even more options than the PHP one, and should be Windows-compatible too without editing a single bit :)

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
v.1.8 is out

- ROM modders/developers: you don't need to format the ROM name, now it will see the version from the incremental variable, always in the build.prop file. How to say: just implement it, there are no more excuses :) (more info on the website)

- changed from version 1.7:
-- Tried to fix a null pointer exception (please test)
-- Added incremental.php and incremental.jar (plus sources) in the git repo to automatically build incremental updates starting from *old version* to *new version* unzipped updates
-- Moved common data in a singleton (SharedData class), more comments and readable code

Reactions: acid74

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
v.1.9 is out.

New in this version:
- Anonymous data now includes: phone model, ROM name, ROM version, ROM repository
- New menu in the settings, which allows to set the repository from a list built upon the anonymous data sent when you download a version of the mod (please accept to send anonymous data!)

I've setup a Enomther TheOfficial Nexus1 ROM (for Nexus One indeed) repository. I've edited the build.prop to fit the program. This is an EXAMPLE repository (I'm going to support in any case), I hope that this action will lead to MOD developers to kick their ass and setup a repo themselves. It works on Dropbox too, no excuses :) (10GB / day for free users)

Last edited:

flibblesan

Feb 12, 2008
Nottingham
Nothing Phone 1
elegos, this is exactly the kind of application I have been looking for to assist people updating my ROM. Just wanting to know since the app is GPL that I'll be able to make some changes to the app and rename it for use in my ROM please? Also is there a way that I can embed a custom repo URL directly into the app without having to drop a file into the data partition?

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
well, I thought that the /data/ solution was just fine :)

In any case please do not rename/change the application. Even if it's GPL, I'd really appreciate if you suggest me the changes you want to do and maintain the original app, it's meant to be universal, and such if you edit it to fit your ROM only it becomes the last of the "XXX updater" applications. Also, maintaining the original app, you'll be automatically listed in the central list, so that other people may try your ROM simply choosing it from the list.

matts79m

Apr 25, 2009
Great job on the app elegos! Look forward to see in future how easily the updates will be to use :)

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
Version 1.10 is out :)

Fixes (hopefully!):
- ANR (set network timeouts)

Features:
- Added SD-EXT wipe option (app and app-private), inside the data wipe one
- Support for more recovery actions in a row (for example, wipe + install. Only in code ATM)

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
Version 1.12 is out in the market:
- FIX: odd number in info popup
- FIX (hopefully): crash on rotation while downloading files
- FIX: changelog for ROMs with spaces in their name
- Added: backup management (browse, restore, delete)
- Added: downloads management (browse, apply, delete)
- Changed: lists are now filling parents and not wrapping content (more android-like)
- Changed: download files via AsyncTask (as it should have always been)

elegos

Jul 25, 2009
Milano
Redmi K20 Pro
Version 1.13 (build 17 lol) is out

- Moved input streams (data reading) in asynchronous tasks, so that the application should not freeze for few seconds anymore. This should also fix some crashes that have been reported (if not all of them). Thanks for reporting!

- Added an info popup when entering the repositories list informing the user about its dynamic nature.

Reactions: jorisvdende

leonnib4

Mar 1, 2010
Paris

- Moved input streams (data reading) in asynchronous tasks, so that the application should not freeze for few seconds anymore. This should also fix some crashes that have been reported (if not all of them). Thanks for reporting!

- Added an info popup when entering the repositories list informing the user about its dynamic nature.

Nice :)

Thx for this man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I've just released on the Market my new ROM Updater!
    Differently from koush's ROM Manager, this one is stand-alone repository based, it's freeware and ad-free. It can be easily integrated in your own ROM and it allows you to download full or incremental (if available) updates.

Besides updating your system, it allows you to automatically perform some recovery actions, such as cache/data wipe and backup just clicking on a menu item.

Comments, ideas and donations are welcome :)

Read more on my website: http://www.elegosproject.org/android-rom-updater
    v.1.9 is out.

New in this version:
    - Anonymous data now includes: phone model, ROM name, ROM version, ROM repository
    - New menu in the settings, which allows to set the repository from a list built upon the anonymous data sent when you download a version of the mod (please accept to send anonymous data!)

I've setup a Enomther TheOfficial Nexus1 ROM (for Nexus One indeed) repository. I've edited the build.prop to fit the program. This is an EXAMPLE repository (I'm going to support in any case), I hope that this action will lead to MOD developers to kick their ass and setup a repo themselves. It works on Dropbox too, no excuses :) (10GB / day for free users)

By the way, I've updated the webpage with more content, for example how to automatically create incremental updates. I tried with the latest versions of some ROMs and there is a huge improvement in zip lightweight.

Let me know.
    v.1.8 is out

- ROM modders/developers: you don't need to format the ROM name, now it will see the version from the incremental variable, always in the build.prop file. How to say: just implement it, there are no more excuses :) (more info on the website)

- changed from version 1.7:
    -- Tried to fix a null pointer exception (please test)
    -- Added incremental.php and incremental.jar (plus sources) in the git repo to automatically build incremental updates starting from *old version* to *new version* unzipped updates
    -- Moved common data in a singleton (SharedData class), more comments and readable code